Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Nuebot posted:

So if I want to fill a space with lava or water or honey I have to transport it by the bucket full, right?

Just take one bucketful and then use the duplication trick. http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Guide:Making_liquid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Nuebot posted:

Those are all complicated and I'm pretty dumb.

It's not complicated at all....

Build a simple structure like this:

code:

X   
X @
XXXXX   
X       
X       X
XXXXXXXXX
X               X
X               X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Dump your bucket approximately on the @ sign, and then use it again (to pick back up a portion of the liquid) right as it falls off that ledge. You have to let at least one drop of it fall before you click to pick it up in order "create" extra liquid, and the timing is slightly different for each liquid (the thicker the liquid the slower you have to go). The second ledge is just there to catch a little bit in case you "miss" picking back up any from first ledge by going too slow. The second ledge will pretty quickly fill up and start flowing into the larger reservoir at the bottom.

Supremezero posted:

This doesn't actually work anymore, unfortunately. They apparently had to fix it in order to make the more realistic liquid flow they added to 1.3 work.

I'm at work and actually can't view the link I posted above to see the details listed there (stupid internet filters), but the technique I have described above definitely still works because I have used it myself to create very large quantities of lava and water outside my house to make an obsidian generator. Its not as fast as the old pump generators you could use to create huge quantities in very short order on the older versions, but it is a hell of a lot better than stringing long lengths of wire.

flowinprose fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 9, 2015

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Senor Candle posted:

You don't have to play on the setting where you drop your poo poo. I don't even know how people enjoy that.

Seriously, not even Dark Souls games are that unforgiving.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Awful Sandwich posted:

I feel like I'm just hitting my head against the wall with the hardmode bosses. I've made a full Adamantine suit and have a clockwork assault rifle and that cool ice yoyo, but the Twins and the Destroyer tend to kill me within 30 seconds. I feel like I'm not dishing out enough damage. What weapons do people go for when getting settled into hardmode?

What kind of arena are you fighting in?

If you're not already, I would suggest preparing one that has at least couple campfires and heart lanterns, as well as a honey pit (preferably made out of bubble blocks) to dive in every so often to get a bunch of health regen effects going.

Also for at least the Twins it really helps to have some smallish vertical and horizontal walls that you can line them up behind (their movements are very predictable at certain points) in order to block some of their ranged attacks. On the Destroyer it really helps to be just about right in terms of far up enough off the ground so that he isn't wrapping himself around you and coming at you from difficult to dodge angles. Also once again having some walls you can dodge around to avoid lasers from probes can really help.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Mastermind posted:

Well that sucks. Would replacing everything with wood/living wood work? What's "safe" in terms of the Wall of Flesh's death effect?

Anything that isn't stone, ice, dirt (with grass), or sand I think.

Edit: apparently silt is also converted to ebon/crim-sand if it is hit by the WoF death effect, so that's also not safe.

I'm not sure if mud is directly converted to dirt if hit during the death effect, but it can be converted to dirt by surrounding corruption or crimson afterwards, so I would also generally consider that unsafe, since if it is on the surface layer it can grow the corresponding grass if converted to dirt.

flowinprose fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 13, 2015

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

It would probably be simpler to just have an actuation mechanic on a timer. For example they throw a bomb, everything that bomb hits gets zapped into the background just like if you actuated the block, then after 30 seconds or whatever they re-actuate back to normal.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's the price that gets me, really.

Five times as expensive as the actual game!

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

Hey so a Nurse moved into my little apartment complex, but on her way there she seems to have decided to take a dip in the nearby pond and got stuck. She's just sitting here throwing arrows (?) at nothing and getting healed for 10 hp every tick so she cannot drown. I can talk to her, but she won't move. What do I... do about this?

Build a house she can live in, assign it to her, and then move far away off screen at night and she will respawn inside her house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Turtlicious posted:

Expert mode is really hard and I can't leave spawn without getting shrek'd.

Is there a trick to Expert Mode?

Git gud?

Unironic answer: try playing through a normal world and then start a new expert world with all your goodies.