Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Won't it try to flee once the invasion is over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Cat Mattress posted:

The "weaker, early-game enemies", you mean the one that you fight with a pickaxe, axe, or hammer because all tools autoswing, right?

A zombie (or more likely two or three of them) will eventually break through your copper pickaxe, but would probably die first if you were swinging a sword at it.

I'll add rigid linear progression (enforced by ongoing MMO-style nerfs to any equipment that ends up being too powerful or too much fun) to the list of gripes. That said, I've spent more time with Terraria than with almost anything else in my Steam account.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Ouch. Relogic may not be able to pull them off of Terraria Otherworld, contractually.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

The tree is a pretty good insulator but yeah, it'll eventually creep up from below.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Pirate Invasions can still gently caress your poo poo up in early hardmode too. You can always go hide from blood moons in hell, which is probably the easiest, safest biome at that point.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I love how Santa just disassembles himself into a pile of body parts when you log in to the game after the holidays are over.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Also, hell is one of the safer biomes just after you start hardmode because it doesn't get any new, harder enemies until you kill a boss or two.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

A small safety-box isn't the best design for most bosses (like all of them except the UFO), because they'll gently caress you up real quick if you aren't moving. Try platforms and vertical walls with small gaps you can dodge through, and a couple of heart statues you can move between. The campfire/heart lantern effect extends like a couple of screens so they should be in the center of your arena but you don't have to be on top of them

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

The moonlord is officially the finally boss, and his drops are post-endgame equipment that are balanced to steamroll anything else in the game, so if you want to be challenged by anything they patch in at this point you have to start over or handicap yourself

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

NachtSieger posted:

Cheat Sheet to give yourself the items because video game developers literally cannot make a fishing mini game that isn't a hellishly tedious mess that plays like getting my foot stomped on.

I dunno, Breath of the Wild lets you fish with explosives there's still ample tedium if you want to max out all your equipment, though

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I for one have spent entirely too much time cranking and polishing

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I'll miss that damned crate trick

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

It's out on steam :toot:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

that's rad as poo poo, the evil meat biome *should* spew vile tentacles into surrounding territory and up into the sky

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I'm starting a new game of terraria after years away. They got rid of the old trick where you can hoard crates before hardmode then open them up and get all of the new ores, right?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

yeah, use your hallowed bars wisely and the other two mechafuckers should be a bit easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Mayveena posted:

Why am I being asked to try Terraria in my Minecraft launcher? That's scary.

lol Minecraft is a Microsoft product now. You're lucky it's not spamming bing search or the AI chatbot thing