Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Nuebot posted:

Yoyos own and wreck the hell out of most bosses in terraria. It's reached a point where I have to make a personal rule not to use them or else I use nothing but yoyos.

I sort of feel the same way about summoning all the things and lurking in a box like a coward, but it turns out my reflexes have gotten bad enough in my old age that I am bad at doing other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Nuebot posted:

I've tried summoning and I just get tired of having to re-summon my stuff. If it was like, permanent summons I'd be down with that. Instead the best trick is getting into a situation where your yoyo just bounces off of something forever and can't return to you until everything is dead.

For the most part they are permanent, though?

The sentries are 5 minute duration I guess, and I certainly use them while lurking in a box, but unless you up the sentry limit with the Dungeon Defender sets, that's not going to be all that important compared to your minions, which last unless you die.

The only trick with lurking in a box specifically is that you either need minions that can go through walls, or to summon them to the area outside the box once you're inside, but if you get one of those things lined up, I've never had an issue.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

Bad Munki posted:

I went with some sort of stilt pagoda hotel thing in my last world:

This looks great.

My last world I did an underground city thing with subway lines radiating out of it, dunno how to screenshot it right though.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The Silver Snail posted:

I wonder, with all of these new biome changes and the pylon system, if Large maps would be fun to play with in single player now.

I always play and enjoy Large maps but that's probably just me, heh.

I like feeling like the world is big.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

i vomit kittens posted:

Yeah Journey Mode is perfect. The difficulty slider is great because my friends and I can bump it up so that we get a challenge, and then when I'm playing with my gf I can just turn it back down to normal without having to start a whole new world. The duping helps to cut down on tedium while not overtly feeling like cheating because you still need a good amount of the item before you can dupe it.

Also makes the storage and inventory management so much easier. No reason to store anything, just pull it out of the aether whenever you need it.

It makes the game easier in the sense of taking less time, but it's always been the case that once you could get something, basically only time spent prevented you from getting more. Removing that time spent is just awesome IMO.

Especially because it's not like I'm not able to spend infinite time building random nonsense or whatever. Now I just don't find I've run out of something important and have to go dig up more of it.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there a better way to do multiplayer with my sister than connecting to a server? We're right next to each other but going through a server still results in some lag.

Steam multiplayer seems fine to me.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

Hihohe posted:

Did they change how you trade strange plants for dyes? I dont see an option at the dyer and also I haven't seen any strange plants in my master difficulty map I'm playing on.

They didn't change how it works, but they are now post-hardmode only.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I dont think vampire knives work on moon lord anymore

I used them on a combat on normal mode and took no net damage for most of it. Maybe the attacks are just weak enough on normal that the natural regen was taking care of the hits I didn't dodge? But that seems kind of unlikely.

Of course, they might prevent them from working specifically on Expert+ or Master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

please tell me those sky triangles are revealed map and not a complex series of hedrons youve constructed

Now I kind of want to construct a series of hedrons