Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I haven't played Terraria since they added The Twins/Destroyer/Skeletron Prime were added. I started a new game on Expert. How different is it between Normal and Expert?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I need help with Skeletron on expert. So far I have a full Molten armor set rocketing, Deadly Molten Fury, and Deadly Space Gun. I also make a minecart track that goes back and forth to help keep my distance (though I do run into him occasionally). The main problem I am having is the projectile skull she shoots out after one or both armors have been destroyed.Finally, I'm at 200 health and I use a series of buffs and set up campfire around the tracks to increase my life regen. The problem I have with him is the projectile skulls he spews out after one of both hands are destroyed. I can't dodge them or block them off like imp's fireballs, and I get hit enough to where my rate of regen and consumption of health potions are not enough. Any pointers on killing him?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I was able to beat it due to making a mine cart track that has two tracks: The lowest ones has two bumpers to go back and forth and the above has no stoppers so that I can fall off safely to the bottom one while having enough time to jump onto it. Also I used more potions than I was using beforehand like endurance and wrath. Also switched from arrows to using a Deadly Mini Shark with meteor shots.

Now to ransack the dungeon and build my main base before hardcore expert :ohdear:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Trying to do some prep work to fight expert Wall of Flesh. A few questions:

1.) What's the best weapon for this fight? Megashark or Phoenix Blaster?

2.) Collecting some Ice blocks to run on. How many should be enough to get the job done.

3.) Minecart for the fight: Yay or nay?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I'm too far ahead in my world with Corruption. Really wish they had the option in making a world to have both Corruption and Crimson. :(

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Is there an easy way to farm for Ichor in a world generated with corruption? I did use a small world to get some stones so I could build a floating island for fishing reasons, but I don't think fishing up Crimson crates is all that productive. Could I build a house on my little Crimson island, place the Steampunker there, wait for the blood moon, then buy up Red Solution?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Supremezero posted:

Honestly, Crimson Crates are probably more productive than the normal way. They only drop from one relatively rare enemy in the underground crimson.

Oh so they're not like the enemies who drop off Cursed flames? That sucks :(

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I think I'm prepared to fight expert Plantera. I never fought him in normal so what's the best strategy against him? I got full Chlorophyte Armor, a Megashark, Optic Staff, some decent magic items like Harp and Rainbow Rod, and I can easily farm for other needed crap. Any pointers on what I should do/use?

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jul 23, 2015

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I made a small world to obtain the Vampire Knives. If a Crimson Biome and a snow Biome intersect, what key will drop? Both are pretty much right on top of each other. :/

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Trying to finish my run of Terraria by beating everything in an Expert Large mode from scratch. I'm at the Moon Lord and so far on three attempts I've died. What makes a good layout to fight the Moon Lord? I have an asphalt skybirdge and minetrack stretching the entire map, but the problem I am having is moon lord's sweeping laser. What's the best way to dodge it?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I finally beat Moon Lord on expert in a large world using a character from scratch and have only played since the Mech Trio update. I want to finish off my terraria wun by getting my last 5 achievements. The 200 fish quests will take time but I was wondering if there's an easy way to make Tim spawn? Also can I just change my time to a christmas date for the Frost Legion?
/

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I killed Tim, also got Frost Legion. All I need is the 200 fish, the Terrarian, and I can finally be free of Terraria :D

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Hey I am getting an itch to play terraria again, and I have a couple of questions.

1.) Any big updates soon?
2.) Is there a mod out there that adjusts the world generator to create extra lard worlds and can generate natural biomes of both corruption and crimson in the same area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I had one idea for Terraria 2. Take note I never played with mods so don't if this was made, but....

Weapon Skills. You'd have on your character skill slots (more slots can be added with a consumable item) which you can place Skill scrolls. These can be obtained via enemy drops, chests, NPCs, etc. The NPCs in mind would be like swordmasters, judo masters, sorcerers, whatever. They can sell skills and give dailies ala Angler that some can be rewarded to.

The skills themselves would be based on the weapon type. For example, a skill that would allow you to do a large charging slash with a broadsword if the attack button is held long enough. Other ideas would be shockwaves and impact blasts for hammers or whirlwind swings for axes. The main purpose is to give other melee weapons a way to be more useful in combat instead of just tools.

Another idea would be to have martial art skills and weapons, like knuckles, gauntlets, and more. Skills could do things like rushing punches or kicks to familiars moves like a Shoryuken.

This might be a bit too complex for Terraria, but I'd love to see what they could doeto improve on combat.