Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Just picked this up today and spent a few hours cave diving and collecting ores. What type of weapons/armor should I be going for? I see a lot of love for yoyos but have yet to find one and am currently using a 18 damage ice boomerang.

Also is there any way to reroll a item of you got a crap prefix on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

Qylvaran posted:

According to the wiki, there are now biome-specific fishing crates, and the sky one can have sky chest items in it. With a lucky pyramid and sky lake, you can craft a bundle of balloons without any world-hopping.

Anyways, fishing is ridiculous. I spent about a half-hour on gathering bait (worm + star) and sonar potions, doing a couple quests, and fishing in the sea a bit, and now I have a better hook than the gem hook I was using, the best pre-hardmode pick, and a tiny minotaur following me around.

What are you fishing up to give you those items? I just started fishing and have gotten like 15 wood, 1 iron, and 1 gold chest. Best things from them would be the turtle mount and a random puffer fish balloon.

For everyone who says don't start expert fresh, go fishing. I have yet to go farther down than character height and I already have like 6 platinum bars, 14 tungsten bars and other random stuff. Also got lucky with finding a Strange Plant right where I started on the surface and now have 3 bottles of Acid Blue dye.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

For pre-hard mode weapons I really like the Starfury.

That's what I am currently using. Managed to find a legendary one to play with and it is super helpful when I want to hide in my holes and still kill mobs. I have yet to find a yoyo anywhere though and don't want to let myself down by crafting a wood one.

So should I make platinum armor or should I hold on to it for later? At this point I am running around in a rain coat dressed like a Pharoah.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

While I love the rewards from fishing it doesn't seem to love me today. Using the sonar potion I saw an iron crate, reel it in, empty line. Didn't miss it since it was on the first bob so I don't know but it's irritating as hell when that happens.