Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Just so I know is this the new Libertarian thread or is the Dark Enlightenment different for reasons that aren't masked fascism v. fascism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Yadoppsi posted:

Perhaps you could say they are the only libertarians that admit their philosophy is incompatible with democracy, but neo-reactionaries go the step further of not just accepting it but reveling in it.

So, no. Your answer is no.

I call on the appearance of the mighty God of Garbage, Jrod.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Bob le Moche posted:

It's like cryptocurrencies, if you buy in late you have no chance to become part of the upcoming aristocracy so you're better off starting your own thing where you can be ultralord from day 1 instead

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well good news! At your age, there's no end of things libertarians/an-*s think you should be able to consent to that the mean ol' state just won't let you!

Just sign here

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I appreciate that for them pro-logic is taking their premises to conclusion but not actually challenging their premises

Logic is anti-emperical evidence, Pro-meninist, and white :agesilaus:

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Ddraig posted:

I was just about to posit my thesis of "Cingulate: Super Stud?" to the New England Journal of Medicine, too.

:iceburn:

Cingulate posted:

NEJM isn't science journalism you dolt :mad:

:argh:

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Xand_Man posted:

I am Sexy Ozymandias, sexy king of sexy kings. Look upon my junk, ye mighty, and despair.

I never understood the significance of that poem

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

DEKH posted:

The poem was written during the early days of modern archaeology when Europe was unearthing previously lost temples and cities. The poem is based on a story about a story of a story inspired by one of Ramses II's victory markers that discussed his victory over raiding barbarians.

It's about the impermanence of wealth and civilization.

Oh, thank you!

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

GunnerJ posted:

Countdown to jrode including him in his pantheon of "liberal anarchists" beginning... now.

Jrod is the worst, but we already have a thread to rag on him. Please keep on tasks with making fun of openly practicing fascists.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

"This is what patriarchy looks like"

What? What does Aurini actually do? He doesn't actually make a living begging on patreon does he? Because I'd expect patriarchy to look more...I don't know. Like he has control of anything going on in his life. I feel like ostentatious posturing is a defense mechanism to losing control. Like you can't bring in a paycheck or maintain a healthy relationship but you can position your skull like so while sipping Libby's apple juice and pretend something's going right in your life.

What if he lives with his mother, but just beats the crap out of her before videos? :(

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

Who the gently caress just puts on a loving suit, complete with tie clip, and sits with their feet on their desk kissing their whiskey glass and waving an unlit cigarette around?

Like, in their house.

For fun.

Men who tie their masculinity (which they learned from Fantasy Role Playing games where certain races come with certain bonuses) to their self-worth. This often leads to being an awful person.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Cingulate posted:

I.e., almost all men ever

Okay, how about

"Men who tie their worth ONLY to their masculinity and not their other attributes. Combined with the inability to improve one's self."

I already know you from the "PYF Dark Enlightenment" Thread, but I gotta tell you that you are annoying as hell.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Race Realists posted:

Cingulate seems like the type of guy who posts in the hell-thread regularly and thinks he's the smartest guy in the room

You should read about his fascination with IQ and how it's souper importante that we understand the Biological Determinants of IQ by race.

He's the kind of guy that would read The Bell Curve and take it at face value.

Or anything by Charles Murray, top professor at "The American Enterprise Institute"

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Just to be clear, I made this post

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Men who tie their masculinity (which they learned from Fantasy Role Playing games where certain races come with certain bonuses) to their self-worth. This often leads to being an awful person.

about Davis Aurini, or however the gently caress you spell it, about how Aurini and his followers generally tie their self-worth to this myth of liberating masculinity that has worked throughout history.
A view commonly asserted by this Dork Enlightenment crowd (we need to get back to the good ole days of feudalism) and bolstered by their reactionary hatred of Feminists, Women's Rights, and Trans Women.

Which prompted Cingulate to quote me and reply

Cingulate posted:

I.e., almost all men ever

to which I said
(and since I had multiple tabs open I thought I identified Cingulate and this argument in the Jrod DnD thread)

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Okay, how about

"Men who tie their worth ONLY to their masculinity and not their other attributes. Combined with the inability to improve one's self."

I already know you from the "PYF Dark Enlightenment" Thread, but I gotta tell you that you are annoying as hell.

As an aside, Race Realists posted

Race Realists posted:

Cingulate seems like the type of guy who posts in the hell-thread regularly and thinks he's the smartest guy in the room

Which I added to with the reply below (because Cingulate has this annoying contrarian habit)

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

You should read about his fascination with IQ and how it's souper importante that we understand the Biological Determinants of IQ by race.

He's the kind of guy that would read The Bell Curve and take it at face value.

Or anything by Charles Murray, top professor at "The American Enterprise Institute"

Which eventually leads to Cingulate asserting that THE MILGRAM STUDY (which showed the influence of social influence and authoritarian control) shows how people tie their masculinity to their self worth because

??????????????????

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Cingulate posted:

I know you don't, and then, you're not giving me the impression that you care either way - it seems you're convinced I was going to make a stupid point, because I'm stupid and/or horrible.
Which I have a lot of understanding for, to be honest.

Okay straight up, maybe I just get annoyed because in my head I see you as having an uppity tone, but then there's these tiny hints of self awareness like here that redeem you

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

Yes you should.

I dunno I kind of agree that at some point you can't just keep trying to fix your exceptionally small remnants of sexist/racist/classist/homophobic thought, because external issues are more important. Still, I dunno if this is right

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Maoist Pussy posted:

What should a person tie his self-worth to? Note the qualifier: 'self'. And ask yourself whether you have actually considered the phrase 'arbitrary definition of masculinity', and what any bepenised person would benefit from your opinion of it.

Well if we're being really collectivist then a person should probably tie his self worth to his ability to :siren:produce:siren: (or benefit) others in his/her community. Instead of the whole capitalist narrative of "create wealth" though I guess you could also talk about producing art in its various forms, educating others, decreasing socio-economic inequality, or something else.

I just dislike the idea of self-worth being tied to fetishizing some stupid inter-personal trait.

"I'm a dude... maybe I should be proud of that!"

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Maoist Pussy posted:

Being a man is a challenge. Many people fail at it. I suspect that the residents of Space Sweden would fail at it in impressive numbers.

Maoist Pussy posted:

No definition would mean anything to you. You haven't the ears.

Next up, :biotruths:

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Buried alive posted:

I'm not up on the twitters, can someone clue me in on what happened?

Well basically what happened was

Buried alive posted:

a bunch of DE/etc. types posted a bunch of naked statements on twitter (e.g. "women need to get back to the kitchen" or whatever) then got crushed for it.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Race Realists posted:

WELP GUYS I'VE FINALLY GOT FAMOUS

http://somethingsensitive.com/index.php?topic=2101.msg237752#msg237752

I'm telling everyone! :-)

This website oh my god :allears:

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Troy Queef posted:

They also nailed Fire and Zeitgeist.

e: oh, and the creepy Old-GBS mod who wrote really bad fanfic

Zeitgeist not being Zack Parsons, right?

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Bushiz posted:

I know all about that, and I agree, I'm just kind of astounded that the best that literal white supremacists on 4chan can manage to come up with is miles tamer than the sort of flak I caught for saying that Majora's Mask was better than Ocarina of Time on gamefaqs circa early 2001.

Well yeah that's the worst thing you can say to a white middle-class male

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Maoist Pussy posted:

OK, sure, but some social changes should be campaigned against and some shouldn't. Racism, for instance, is insupportable and should never have existed, whereas counternarratives on gender and culture and capitalism are certainly possible.

Donald Trump supporter who is a TERP but not racist. Sounds like you are such edge

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Sharkie posted:

Oh? http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2016/02/26/3753739/prri-black-homophobia-myth/

and

And this is before unpacking the unstated divide you draw between "black people" and "women and lgbt people," the long history of black feminism, etc.

edit - At any rate, the people campaigning against the counternarratives are overwhelmingly white, and within the so-called dark enlightenment or alt-right, very racist. What would be more relevant to the thread is you laying out what "narratives" about gender you think should be campaigned against and why.

Please don't argue with the piece of garbage

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

MikeCrotch posted:

So are you saying John Ringo is a modern day Marquis de Sade and everything he is written is parody of Neoconservatives?

I personally think De Sade was full on not being a satirist. Just a weird rear end in a top hat guy

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jack Gladney posted:

There's a lot they don't understand. I'm beginning to suspect that we shouldn't take them seriously.

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Race Realists posted:

:lol: at the OP closing down that "Why is the far right so dominant online?" thread

too uncomfortable to see what's been under her nose the whole time

I hope your AV is treating you okay. The professor in your AV is similar to your politics and is one of the first images when you look up "race realism"

• Locked thread