Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Kinda cheating, but The Eye of Argon. is incredibly bad. People hold competitions with live readings to see how long someone can go without stopping to laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Flowers in the Attic

You can love your sister, but you shouldn't love your sister.

I enjoy this podcast about terrible books: I Don't Even Own a Television

These are all fantastic, and I already see a few books in there that have been posted here too. Looks like I got stuff to listen to while commuting for a long while.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Electric Lady posted:

I can see this guy's corkboard with the yarn leading from the picture of her face to various things that he stalked her to find out about.

"Ah yesss I see you are a fan of *looks at stenography sheet* dance!! This has nothing to do with my book but I must take an aside to have you know that I have once brushed with the likes of Baryshnikov on the tokyo stage"

"uh huh (what is this what is going on i like jazz dancing)"

That's the best. He goes from not caring anything about dance besides pandering to her interests straight to condescending down to her about not enjoying the right kind of dance (e.g. the ones he deemed highbrow and intellectual enough after five minutes on Wikipedia) in an instant.

One thing I can say about his writing, though the blog post is meandering and overly verbose, it still manages to encapsulate what a creep he is pretty succinctly.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

ryonguy posted:

That's supposed to be a (good) jab at the Dresden files, right?

Can't be, it's written in the third person. All good (bad) Men's Adventure has to be first person.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

This feels like it belongs here. Do yourself a favor and click through to the thread itself.

https://twitter.com/erinscafe/status/1088958995677638656

Seconding the recommendation on reading the thread. Turns out the book is free on Unlimited and they start live-tweeting it.