Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Wait, do these four cousins look for love separately or.... together?

I really hope Cammy Tang isn't a pseudonym because white people writing Asian characters is always incredibly cringe, but it veers right off the road into 'loving insane racism' when it's romance novels or Christian fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

HBO had made GRRM provide an outline for the rest of the story very early on because of his famous issues with staying on schedule.

Yeah, that's what blows my mind about all the people having meltdowns about how 'the books wouldn't dooooooo this to us!!!!'

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

RoboRodent posted:

I get a lot of ads for terrible fiction, but I've been going OH NO, MY VULVA for the past little bit and giggling over it.

Is this a man who has magically lost his dick (in presumably, the dick-transfiguring perfect waters), or a woman who has magically lost the internal parts of her vagina? Is this a preview for the novel? Is Trent's dick also missing? I have so many questions.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Sisal Two-Step posted:

This is her latest. Everything else is just her talking to #brands about #products. The website for the book hasn't been updated since August 2017. I guess there's not going to be a second book in this exciting series.

Guess the totally real movie deal fell through too, huh?

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

It's an open secret that it's just cause most platforms own't allow outright bestiality fiction.

If you're Canadian, you can win the Governor General's award for bestiality fanfiction.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
I had never heard of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas before and after a bit of Googling uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Like, isn't there someone at the publishing company who's supposed to stop stuff like that?

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Strom Cuzewon posted:

He's also done a sequel to Striped Pyjamas about the kid's older sister and her life after the war. I can't find the details of how it ends but it's apparantly even worse.

There some, uh, discussion questions:

https://johnboyne.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/AlltheBrokenPlaces_DiscussionGuide.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Snowy posted:

I’ll check when I’m back home in a day or two. There is a part about restaurants, how Asian people think bright loud restaurants are happy, while white people like quiet dark restaurants and how it’s good to mix it up to keep your white lady happy.

well gently caress, they got me there