Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Problem description: I know this is weird, but I've experienced this in multiple FPS games on my machine recently, including Call of Juarez Gunslinger and Wolfenstein the New Order. Whenever I press the right mouse button to try to aim down my sights, the camera will all of a sudden be pointing in a completely different and seemingly random direction. The effect is instantaneous. That is, the transition between views takes no frames. The two games even have different engines, so I guess that rules the games themselves out. I can't even understand how to Google the problem. I want to die.

Attempted fixes: Switched mice, although both were wireless Logitechs of different models. Also, I've shut down any background program that would have anything to do with the mouse like KatMouse.

Recent changes: Not that I can tell.

--

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

System specs: Intel i5-4590, Asus Radeon R9 270X, 8GB DDR3-1600, Asrock H97M PRO4 motherboard, Logitech M310 mouse.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

I solved this pretty randomly.

I have VistaSwitcher installed, and there's an option called "Replace the right mouse button + wheel," which I unchecked. Don't know what that option was supposed to do, but it fixed the problem.

• Locked thread