Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I like how everybody remembers this song for Shrek and not Mystery Men.

That's because nobody remembers mystery men.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

I'm actually disappointed they didn't go with the lines of Joseph's confidence taking a hit because they thought he was ugly.

Baal....

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
A straight up resize would probably look bad but I did this instead, how's this

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Fungah! posted:

it's really good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like how koichi is just recycled from araki's earlier manga Cool Shock BT

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

That's the worst name I've ever heard.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Xibanya posted:

Hm, so did the doctors tell her it was a brain tumor and she believed it or is she just telling people because its awkward to explain that his head got perforated in ways inexplicable to modern medical science?

Given that josuke healed up his grandpa's corpse, I imagine the implication is that his grandpa might have had a brain tumor

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I know there's no way that jotaro's chain comes from this, but I think it's a neat little coincidence that jotaro is based off of clint eastwood's spaghetti western characters, and that the poncho clint wore in the dollars trilogy has a sort of "chain" like pattern coming from the neck.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aurain posted:

I don't think this means a lot in the long run, but the final Egypt hen bluray does not add to be continued like Battle Tendency's blu-ray did.

Does it have the car scene in it or does it still cut away?

I'm mostly interested in how the redrawings (if they did any) look since the last few episodes got pretty hilariously ugly

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Thing is, when you've lived in a rural area all your life you get used to certain sounds playing for long periods of time. It becomes background noise. Araki does his best to tell me that it's really bad, but I think I really need to hear it to be sold on it. My imagination only goes so far after I've learned to tune out the loud din of farm equipment running just across the street for hours on end.

But how do you tune out the sound of yourself getting punched in the face when it is happening directly by your ear, on loop?

You ever say "ow" automatically in response to something that sounds like it should hurt, but doesn't? I can't imagine how bad it would be to be exposed to multiple infinitely repeating sounds that elicit that kind of reaction, with one being pretty much right on your ear.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Cool Shock BT was canceled after like five chapters. Can't imagine why.

Hi koichi

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alcharagia posted:

is this Yes in the- the ending theme is Yes

:yes:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sono chi no sadame is good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alcharagia posted:

HOLY poo poo

alcharagia posted:

WHOALY gently caress

Lmao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
"you will only have 1 minute before you black out from blood loss"

*10 minutes later*

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
:regd10:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sblR0eIRW-I

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

It is his fault for taking forever to figure out what the stupid mask did while Dio figured it out in like 2 seconds.

Thus began Joey Joe Joe's Unconventional Outing.

I thought jonathan did figure out what the mask did as far as the blood stuff, he just didn't know that using it on a person would turn them into a vampire

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Well yeah he figured out what it did, he just couldn't figure out what its purpose was.

Plus I could be wrong but I think Jonathan said it took him the entire 7 years just to figure out the blood mechanism.

Oh I thought he figured it out when he beat up dio when he was a kid and had been studying it since then and had the morality to not just shove it on a person and was looking into the archaeological history behind it, which speedwagon continued after Jonathan's death

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Amaryllis posted:

Does he really think that Koichi, of all people, is going to come after him if he doesn't hang around acting all servile?

Yes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alcharagia posted:

so is messina dead too

Just horribly maimed.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Uhm actually the best queen song choice would be invisible man duh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Actually thinking about it that song would work pretty well wouldnt it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Never had a real good friend - not a boy or a girl
No-one knows what I've been through - let my flag unfurl
So make my mark from the edge of the world,
From the edge of the world,
From the edge of the world,

Now I'm on your track
And I'm in your mind,
And I'm on your back
But don't look behind
I'm your meanest thought
I'm your darkest fear
But I'll never get caught
You can't shake me, shake me dear,

I'm the invisible man,
I'm the invisible man
Incredible how you can
See right through me
I'm the invisible man
I'm the invisible man
It's criminal how I can
See right through you

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alcharagia posted:

So Jotaro is half-Japanese, half-English? Is he Karen Kujo's dad?

half-japanese, quarter-english, quarter-italian

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alcharagia posted:

Joseph "Jojo" Joestar is a real estate salesman?

Well, I mean, yeah

George I was something, i dont even know what
Jonathan was an archaeologist
George II was a ww1 pilot
Joseph was one of New York's top real estate agents

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alcharagia posted:

jotaro please don't be a douche to your mom

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like the leadup to dark blue moon but dont care for the actual fight itself. Lotta good poo poo in the leadup, from Tom of Finland style sea captain to Jotaro punching the gently caress out of a shark and the cigarette smoke bit

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I think the fights pick up at ebony devil, I dig that fight a lot because it has a really good slasher vibe to it (which makes sense, given how so many stands in part 3 are modeled after horror movies or horror themes), and I will never not love the wheel of fortune fight.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Viola the Mad posted:

How many people have a jojo account at this point? Josuke, Okuyasu, Jolyne...anyone else?

I think there is a user named star platinum, but they've been that for years

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Pomp posted:

dio never murdered no frogs

Bad Seafood posted:

He tried to kill Polnareff twice.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I never noticed that Iggy has his later design in the picture. :stare:

Makes me wonder why they even bothered giving him that realistic-ish dog look for only two episodes.

People in the jojo universe have always been extremely photogenic, even when they otherwise look awful

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alcharagia posted:

synchronized tea drinking

oh poo poo

oh poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Isn't this fight basically the one that inspired yugioh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alcharagia posted:

Gohhedd, Mista Jawsterr.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Convincing hol horse to join you is one of my fave parts of the 7th stand user game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hol Horse can join you?

In a sense

Unfortunately, his ending doesnt lead to the developer room so you can't continue into new game + from it even though his ending is p much the same as a lot of other character endings in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alcharagia posted:

It's fun to say! WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Well he did do it a few times in phantom blood too

• Locked thread