Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

personally i am really excited for the part 4 anime, especailly looking forward to the scene where josuke punches spaghetti, i hope they dub it too, and ben disken is very cool, and uznare and beef chief are not cool because they have said mean things to me at several points, like that time beef chief said that sakura was boring - gently caress you! - but speaking of boring, woo boy, those translations sure are rear end, huh, i can't believe these people can't capture the original spirit of a series where an orangutan beats up a japanese kid, actually i heard that that orangutan is a reference to an animal a young araki saw trying to escape a zoo once, funny story huh, also the ed song is totally going to be safety dance, it fits josuke's power perfectly, speaking of powers - woo boy, cars! how could he ever lose to stand users, huh? he'd own those noobs. even stand joseph wouldn't stand a chance. haha, yes, it's cars not kars :) learn the reference, kids. dio's power is probably knowing how to spell cars. here's a meme.

Thank you

Close the thread and goldmine it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm super excited for the English dub of Jojo and I was very disappointed when I heard they delayed it to September. Yuri Lowenthal is totally going to Jonathon because that would fit very well imo. I'm not sure how well Ben Diskin is going to do as Joseph but I'm not all that familiar with him. He voiced Daichi in Devil Survivor 2 and he did a really good job there so I'm sure he will, at the very least, add a unique take on Joseph even if Sugita IS Joseph to me. I hope they put Liam O'Brien and JYB in the dub somewhere as well.

For the people who haven't started or read part 4 yet you should. The manga is good and the new Part 4 Jojo may overthrow Joseph as my favourite Jojo. He is a pretty cool dude. The fights are way better too. You can see Araki finally getting used to Stands and having them do a bunch of crazy poo poo with very unique powers compared to Part 3.

littleorv fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 2, 2015

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

You are a treasure dotJPG.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Haha you fuckin rule

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Steve Jorbs posted:

I booted up this game yesterday and the text was completely unreadable. I didn't have time to fiddle around and change settings or anything but is there a way to fix that?

One of the "F" keys makes the screen smaller. It makes everything much easier to read. It's a wonky font to use.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

Didn't kill Joseph.

Proof that Joseph is better than Jonathon.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Hyped to see what everyone thinks of week 13.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I would have preferred British-accented Yuri Lowenthal as Jonathon but I'm still happy with it. JYB is cool but I figured he would have been Speedwagon. Apparently Bryce Pappenbrook is going to be Cesar.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Fair enough. I still want Liam O'brien in there somewhere. Kars

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sugita rules. He's probably my favourite VA even though I can't understand him.

Edit: all normies in here watch Gintama if you want more Sugita.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Aurain posted:

Sugita is not the best, sorry.

What does it feel like to be so wrong?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Angry nerds on the Internet. What a surprise.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ah yes, the renown Canadian English accent.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I'm in the process of watching the anime (I normally read manga instead, but for some reason I find the Jojo anime more entertaining than the manga, at least so far). I'm at the second Jojo and he owns and has the same voice actor as Gin from Gintama.

Sugita owns

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Soulcleaver posted:

Part 4 is completely perfect and without flaws.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

My favorite Jojo sales pitch would still have to be from Part 4:

"To avoid hitting some pedestrians during a high-speed chase, the hero punches his motorcycle so hard it breaks into a million pieces and sails over the heads of the bystanders. Reassembling his bike in mid-air, he lands and drives off."

I am more of a fan of Josuke deciding he must swindle Rohan out of his money

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Namtab posted:

My fave jojo is Joseph, and part 4 is the best

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

C'mon people post those dub clips.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Thanks for posting some dub clips people. I've been really looking forward to the dub I don't think I can stream it since I live in Canada.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Race Realists posted:

really really wish you guys would stop commenting in this thread

i keep thinking im gonna get some part 4 news!!! :(

Read the manga! It's good I swear.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

A straight up resize would probably look bad but I did this instead, how's this

Good job

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

No kind and loving god would intend for people to experience Jojo with lower quality art.

The anime exists as a compromise for those who cannot bear to look upon the magnificence of Araki's original works.

The anime was a good way for me to get into anime and the Jojo series. I'm sure the same holds true for others who didn't have any interest in reading the manga before the anime was released.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Setting aside kayfabe, I agree and am actually super grateful for the anime raising the series' profile as a whole.

I'm mad as gently caress that you made me have to google a word

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Baal posted:

Hochu Otsuka was the best Joseph, actually

Ben Diskin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The ridiculous accents own.

• Locked thread