Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I realized Kakyoin and Rei from Free! were the same VA when I was watching both shows at the same time and that became real hard to unhear at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If we're going to have an Best JoJo Argument, can we please take it to the Manga thread because I have many charts and graphs to prove who I think is Best JoJo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke is also my favorite JoJo and a lot of the reasons why are seeded here. The turtle and Josuke giving the upperclassmen every chance to end the situation without conflict has been discussed, but Josuke turning down the money is my favorite thing.

To me, it's not that weird for Josuke to apologize and not accept the money. It's an early sign that Josuke is mature enough to understand his parents situation and that maybe taking the money and giving it to his mother may not exactly be the best thing. Him apologizing is odd on it's face, but it shows that he has quite a bit of emotional depth for a fifteen year old, enough that he feels guilt that his birth is what's caused strife in the Joestar household, even if it's not his fault.

These whole first chapters really start giving Josuke a lot more depth than you'd expect a shonen protagonist in 1992 to have and I'm excited to watch you explore that.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Josuke was able to shape that guy's nose differently after all.
Maybe you're keeping this mind when you say this and I'm dense, but I'm pretty sure the reason that happened is explained at the end of the Aqua Necklace fight.

Not sure what the policy on spoilers in this thread is, so sorry if I'm being lovely and vague.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Xibanya posted:

Please put anything about stuff that happens later than the latest Let's Read chapter in spoiler tags, including remarks about what will or will not be important going forward. And it's a little too late for this one in this instance, but I'd also appreciate stuff like "this will/won't be explained" also be put in spoiler tags. Thanks for abiding by these admittedly inconvenient guidelines!
Got it! Real sorry about that.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I have no reference for what Kuwabara sounds like, please assist.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
This is a great Okuyasu voice, thank you.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Meme Emulator posted:

I enjoyed the Scott Pilgrim movie more than the comic, fwiw. The premise behind Scott Pilgrim doesnt have enough legs to stand up for 600 pages, but it can fill out an hour and a half of movietime. Macauley Culkins brother had really good timing with all of his deadpan jokes too
Basically this. The comic was fine, but even completely separated from the source material, the movie's still a fun visual spectacle.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
As long as David keeps getting money from video game anime adaptions to fund JoJo then I am okay with that.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

That's literally not how it works at all.
Yeah probably not, but they did the Neptunia anime between Part 1/2 and 3 so maybe David has a pattern for themselves.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
JoJo strikes a thin line between goofy while taking itself completely seriously almost all of the time. There's never a wink to the audience about how SO BIZARRE THIS ADVENTURE IS, this crazy poo poo just happens. That guy's controlling the Sun, this baby can go into dreams, this dude is named Vanilla Ice, that's just how the world works.

Only when you finish reading, do you pause and go "....jesus christ what is happening." JoJo is serious and so much fun in the moment, that even when you're thinking back to how goofy it was that there was a vampire named Vanilla Ice destroying space with his ability named Cream, it never devalues that experience and it just all feels genuine.

I love JoJo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

alcharagia posted:

I have never consumed Jojo's. Is the anime good?
Extremely

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

IronicDongz posted:

I know I'm sure as gently caress annoyed that I don't have a full vocalless version of I'm in Control
I know I'm a weirdo, but I actually like the dumb vocals in I'm In Control.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Oh hello thread tag, how long have you been here?
I really hope this thread continues to be the only thread that has this tag.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Where'd sans go?!!?! But yeah the ridiculous vocals are fine to me, too.
That avatar was a borderline spoiler and this one is way cuter and also the first avatar I ever had on SA.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

alcharagia posted:

Bulma Briefs vs. Robert Edward Ojii-san Speedwagon, who wins in the battle of insanely rich support characters.
Yamcha is Part 1 Speedwagon, Bulma is Part 2 Speedwagon imo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kakyoin is the best Crusader, he is very strong and handsome and my friend.

He sorta laid off on practicing the Ripple in 2009, but then got back into it hard in 2011 and has just been getting younger since.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I really like that the reason for the main power in this series being called Stands is just because they are a presence that stands by you and that's it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Naerasa posted:

Because he's got scuba gear.

Not sure why this doesn't make Diver Down cool too.
Diver Down diving into Weather Report and using it's leg to replace the leg Weather lost was the only cool thing it ever did.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 4, 2015

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

alcharagia posted:

this is the best song in the soundtrack of Stardust Crusaders so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFjE5A4UAJI
A solid choice, I raise you Kakyoin's theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2L4r0Aelvg

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

alcharagia posted:

when u gotta pose as a team cuz poo poo just got egyptian

when u and ur crew arrive at a party together

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The best part of End of The World is It gets even better near the end

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I really like that you can see Hol Horse stalking the group in the first Stardust Crusaders OP. That and the Nile fly that Star Platinum sees in the DIO photo being included in the DIO staircase are probably favorite OP easter eggs.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

He's good at not dying from getting shot in the face.
Avdol is too, thankfully.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

ZenVulgarity posted:

When is more Jojo anime
April 2016 is the only date we got.

In hindsight, this is fitting, doesn't Part 4 open on Josuke's first day or week of high school? Which would be sometime in April/May?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

ManlyGrunting posted:

I'm not going to lie, if I had a stand priority one would be getting through button mashing sections in video games.
Kakyoin doing a sick pose only for Hierophant Green's hand to burst out and start jamming on the d-pad is probably my favorite part of Stardust Crusaders.

Joseph yelling behind Kakyoin everytime he does something cool only adds to how great that fight is. If Kakyoin had beaten D'Arby, it would probably be my favorite fight in all of Part 3.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Mr. Funktastic posted:

an expert at games is an expert at life
that explains why Kakyoin is so cool

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Avdol's flame doesnt even go off body heat, just breathing and movement. It probably could've been used to find N'doul and also Arabia Fats if Avdol was there for that.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Vanilla Ice and Cream are loving terrifying. Even for how goofy it looks to see Vanilla Ice's dumb face popping out of Cream, Cream is still a nightmare monster. I rewatched that fight recently and the sounds they use for Cream eating and moving around are just ace horror noises.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Just wanna say that Silver Chariot stabbing Ice through the head and then grabbing the other end of the sword and twisting it is the coolest loving thing.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

alcharagia posted:

Like, okay, we're all posters on the Something Awful forums, we all understand the idea of exaggeration. I'm literally loving crying.
don't worry, friend. The last train home is on it's way.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Someone beat me to posting Avdol's character song, so please listen to it cause it loving rules.

The lyrics are here to help confirm that it does in fact, rule.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Bad Seafood posted:

I will kill Moltrey for mucking up my combo though.
OOPS! Well, if you wanted to know whether I was sorry or not.

YES,  I  AM!

El Burbo posted:

It should be pointed out there are three anthology albums, and each one is sung by one of the three OP singers.

There's a song on the second album that made me cry, so these are all really good.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Dec 13, 2015

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
They should have removed the dead characters from the credits to make it even more hosed up. The friends that won't be taking that last train home...

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kakyoin's kill count is Gray Fly and Death and he def gets an assist on Hanged Man. I'm even willing to give him Lovers since all Jotaro did was beat up Steely Dan after Kakyoin did the work of neutralizing the Stand.

Shoulda won against Gamer D'Arby too, that was bullshit. :colbert:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Finally saw the full PV trailer and maaaaan, this anime's gonna be Great. When we get non off screen footage of that PV, I really need to get that lingering shot of Crazy Diamond's ~energy~ going back into Josuke avatar sized cause I love that dumb effect a lot.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was a bit surprised by the large amount of negativity, but I can understand complaints of it being such a sharp change and that noses look weird, but I dunno, I feel it will look fine. I saw some people complaining that the new style looks to similar to other current anime, but after how good Parts 1 - 3 are and how over the top Crazy Diamond appearing and repairing the piece of paper is, I trust DavidPro.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeaaaah it's 100k and 150 x 150 which probably isn't possible to fit with what I'm thinking. Thank you so much though!

God, I really enjoy the rapping(?) at the end I hope that's a reccurring thing in the soundtrack cause it fits the time period really well.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

alcharagia posted:

*PC already has multiple swords, a nuclear warhead, and is a practitioner of a vampire-killing martial arts style*
I should probably play this game....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
These Let's Reads still real good. I recently read through pieces Part 4 again in color, and oh man am I excited for this anime and further Let's Reads.

Here's that two set of panels, but in color.

e: The best part is Josuke and Koichi could've totally just kept running and passed them while they were distracted, but they didn't cause Josuke wanted to be a dick. The classic Joseph Joestar move.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 6, 2016

• Locked thread