Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

OP: https://youtu.be/FyIVdgKjhdQ

I find the bits with the cutouts funny for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Wait a second... was that a new theme song my ears heard? I do believe it was.

The episode itself was weird. The new girl is almost Hajime 2.0, but not quite. The alien is... well it should be an alien, but instead it's a red-skinned human who just hasn't seen much of earth. I don't get the point. I didn't hate it though, so lets see where this goes.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

A decent episode, if a tad slow. I agree it did feel a bit odd. New OP is good, though not as much as the first season's. I'm sure it'll grow on me though.

I hope we see a lot of Gelsadra's thought bubbles. Season 1 was pretty good with small details, so I imagine that each of the colors do signify something. I figure the gray is "set in your ways" on account of both Hajime and the old dude having it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow there was a lot going on in that episode. It didn't feel slow to me at all because there was a ton of poo poo happening but it was all dialogue -- and layers of dialogue at that, with all the broadcast stuff in the background. O.D. makes a great talking head haha, I hope he has more to do in this season.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hmm, Tsubasa seems interesting. In particular, unlike Hajime, JJ recruited her when she was literally running away from him. Also, her transformation seems to be trigger by being angry, rather than on-command like Hajime and the other Gatchas?

Trying to parse the speech balloons. Yellow is happy, I guess? Green seems to be 'relieved' or something. Spiky edges would seem to denote some sort of tension, while Hajime's gray might be calm detachment or something.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Fangz posted:

Hmm, Tsubasa seems interesting. In particular, unlike Hajime, JJ recruited her when she was literally running away from him. Also, her transformation seems to be trigger by being angry, rather than on-command like Hajime and the other Gatchas?

Trying to parse the speech balloons. Yellow is happy, I guess? Green seems to be 'relieved' or something. Spiky edges would seem to denote some sort of tension, while Hajime's gray might be calm detachment or something.

Nah, I think the grey what Genocyber said. I'm sure someone somewhere will make a list explaining them all in great detail before this show is done.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Well, considering:

1) the idea of "a good atmosphere" comes up right after the bubbles are mentioned,
2) Katze's explanation of Hajime's bubble not changing is "of course, you're you,"
3) the old man is the other gray bubble we've seen,
4) the alien says she wants everyone to be united,
and 5) this is a show about social media and the internet,

...I think the bubbles are probably less about individual mood and more about how that person's mood is being influenced by their environment. Hajime is Hajime and great-grandfather is too old for this poo poo, so neither of them gets swept along by other people.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I just though of something. Does anyone remember the first episode of Kino's Journey?

I wonder how they'll play with the mood bubble things...

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I encourage someone to challenge Namtab.

e: challenged!

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 5, 2015

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That ruled. New alien is terrifying and new Gatchaman gonna punch everyone.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

That ruled. New alien is terrifying and new Gatchaman gonna punch everyone.

I expect her weapon theme is fireworks. Also, her design seems to have a bit of a Fox look afaict.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i'm gloomy

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I encourage someone to challenge Namtab.

e: Sakurazuka says he's taking this, so hands off!

that wasn't an edit at all!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The new ED song isn't as good as Innocent NOTE, but at least it avoids the horrible CG of the first ED. Those CG models of Hajime and Sugane were just horrific from some angles.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This is off to a great start. There really is a lot going on here, and I feel like the purpose of a lot of it really isn't going to be clear for a few episodes. I definitely interpret Hajime's gray bubble as detachment, whether that's reflecting her being unaffected by others' moods or just her own mood. Tsubasa's fun so far.

NiceAaron
Oct 19, 2003

Devote your hearts to the cause~

Talking boobs? Sure, why not.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

NiceAaron posted:

Talking boobs? Sure, why not.

Scarf, not boobs. Did you watch the director's cut episode form the first season?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Birrrrrrdo, GO!

NiceAaron
Oct 19, 2003

Devote your hearts to the cause~

ViggyNash posted:

Scarf, not boobs. Did you watch the director's cut episode form the first season?

Actually I watched the director's cut immediately before watching ep. 0 and 1 of the new season, and the same thing happens with no scarf so I'm not really convinced but I'm going to believe it anyway because it's less weird.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Berg-Katze is definitely trapped in Hajimes huge heaving breasts

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Her scarf before was yellow, now it's red. Pretty simple.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

Berg-Katze is definitely trapped in Hajimes huge heaving breasts
i like when even the villain gets a good ending

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Davincie posted:

i'm gloomy

Utsusu...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dogsicle posted:

Her scarf before was yellow, now it's red. Pretty simple.

Scarfs just means what grade you in.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Scarfs just means what grade you in.

Even so, it's great visual shorthand.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
So did that establish that everyone can hear him? I wasn't sure about that before but it seemed like the other people there could hear him talking. It made more sense when she transforms because he was in the suit with her and sort of took over the face but when it's just her and her boobs it was less clear to me.

vvv I'm ok with that, it's funnier that way anyhow.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 5, 2015

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope there isn't a definitive answer to that question.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

The Devil Tesla posted:

I hope there isn't a definitive answer to that question.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that would make a killer av

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So when is Hajime going to kiss the new girl?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Endorph posted:

that would make a killer av

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hell loving yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Aya...

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Endorph posted:

hell loving yeah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i am the strongest gatchaman

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph showing gatcha power

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
They've just thrown out a chekov's gun, this season might end in the regulation of Crowds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You don't suppose Berg-Katze would try and take over Hajime (and possibly succeed), do you guys?

• Locked thread