Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i'm gloomy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

am i the only one who finds it funny that the bad guys are called vape

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

we´re going to need a detailed analysis including graphs and pictures

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

if you look under the skirt, do you see a bulge?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

In Training posted:

Also I don't trust that little red skinned bug alien.

shes going to make everyone united witrh an iron fist

i wish they would translate all the chat app stuff

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

In Training posted:

Whatever happens there better be a freaking beach episode this season.

wait for the ova you thirsty gently caress

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

but yeah gel is obviously going evil, i mean come on

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dunno

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

~populism~

why'd they arrest paiman?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i feel like driving home why they are idiots will be what will happen the next few episodes since gel got elected on his populist nonsense

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

the Tsuritama cameo was cute

it was cute

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i've had it with gel's do goody populist bullshit. kill him already hajime

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

definitely yes

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

where did you see about the delay

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

why isn't rui dressed as a girl in the group hug in the op???

also gently caress tsubasa

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

rui's a technocrat, no?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

il-landier posted:

I hope there will be an episode that's solely focused on Berg-Katze, one that's barely animated closeups of Hajime's tits while Berg-Katze rants on and on.

It'd be the best episode.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i would die so fast if i lived in the gatchaman universe lol

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Kylra posted:

I still wonder what exactly it is that Gel's pregnant with. I get the feeling the Kuus aren't the end of it.

Can anyone think of any symbolism for the red/white/blue almost flaglike appearance of the Kuus? It's been bugging me the last couple weeks and it seems almost too specific to be a coincidence, but I can't come up with anything that interesting or fits because they don't seem particularly nationalistic.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Redmark posted:

If the Kuu are a representation of the will of the people I don't get why they just swallowed that guy up at the end. Unless they're going to spit him back out, stupefied? That seems like it would be more blatantly hostile than anything we've seen so far.

it'd be better if they just disappeared...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lol im looking on tumblr for gifs and there are people taking tsubasas side, even saying they don't understand what jou was saying with the 20-60-20 rule

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they look the same as the dutch flag, making them symbols for the dangers inherent to mercantile capitalism

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

fashion is danger

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

millione is a bad guy. he's a huge part of the problem as a guy who helps create the atmosphere

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Valhawk posted:

This is really interesting. It sort of makes me wonder if there has ever really been an attempt in an even slightly mainstream anime to address the Japanese occupation of China or other Japanese war crimes either literally or metaphorically/figuratively? Something along the lines of how the New Caprica arc of Battlestar Galactica was a commentary on the US occupation of Iraq.

Shigeru Mizuki has written manga which deal directly with nanking. there also is Kuni ga Moeru. the first was published in popular edutainment mags (and by the creator of kitaro) and the second was the subject of media drama so both are well known

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

shinsekai yori could also be read as a commentary on unit 731 and other mistreatments of 'weaker people'

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Count Egobossler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Count Egobossler

• Locked thread