Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The first season was pretty drat good, but I hope this one doesn't have everyone worship the ground Hajime walks on as much. Also don't really like Rui having a suit (I thought it was way cooler that they were so effective without needing one) but hopefully that goes well enough.

I know nothing about Gatchaman other than this series, so there not being a whole lot of action in the show never really bothered me. I figure the same sort of thing'll happen this season, since from what I remember, the first part of season 1 had more fighting in it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Einander posted:

When it comes down to it, Tsubasa basically stormed in there because seeing Rui in pain and not doing anything made her feel bad, which is basically the least heroic motivation possible. In the process, she interrupted an attempt to make a counterpoint about Crowds and to redeem someone who could help "update the world"... So she basically just stomped all over Rui's dream for the sake of her own self-image.

I don't know if I can really agree with this since Rui's soul was literally getting stabbed over and over. It's not really being naive or selfish to think someone is going to die from that.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I'm liking that there's no clear "correct" answer in all of this and the show is giving each side its own share of problems. It's why I'm really hoping they aren't just saving Hajime's views as some kind of trump card to make everything alright.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I'm probably one of those people tbh, I thought the way they handled some of the stuff with her last season (how the internet affects real life) was badly handled, and they didn't want you to think very hard about it. Hajime in general is much less focused on here though, and it seems like everyone is making really rash decisions, so I'm hopeful that they don't go that route.

I imagine it'll focus more on Tsubasa anyway, since she's the character who strikes me as the most "misguided" in the sense that she's not entirely sure of what she wants.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I figured the gray emotional thing just meant Haijme isn't emotionally swayed by whatever's going on at the moment, she forms her opinions based on the big picture and doesn't stray from them.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I thought it was too, but then someone pointed out the show aired at like midnight or something.

Enjoyed the last ep quite a bit. I like that Gel was actually like, a ruler who's aware of people's bad intentions, instead of being nothing but collective consciousness. Makes them seem more like a person instead of just a bad idea personified. There is a pretty obvious downside to all the stuff they enacted, but I don't really see low taxes as being the huge downside for why Gel's leadership won't work. Too many factors for me to really guess what's going to happen, but things seem to be ramping up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Senerio posted:

Rui's Gatcha is my favorite.

Didn't like the idea of Rui using one before the season came out, but in actual execution it's too awesome to ignore.

• Locked thread