Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope they put out some new phone wallpapers; I switched back to the old Galax one but some new ones would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I thought I had one saved that didn't have the text on it but can't find it. I've switched phones since then so it's probably on the dead one.

edit: found the CR blog post I originally got it from but I don't think it's on the Gatchaman site anymore.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/01/14/video-gatchaman-crowds-bd-boxset-trailer-and-merchansdise-updates

And somebody on reddit reproduced Hajime's phone background, when I found it I switched to this one because it's super cute : >

http://www.clothpaperyarn.com/kind-of-crafty/ (more sizes)

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 3, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow there was a lot going on in that episode. It didn't feel slow to me at all because there was a ton of poo poo happening but it was all dialogue -- and layers of dialogue at that, with all the broadcast stuff in the background. O.D. makes a great talking head haha, I hope he has more to do in this season.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
So did that establish that everyone can hear him? I wasn't sure about that before but it seemed like the other people there could hear him talking. It made more sense when she transforms because he was in the suit with her and sort of took over the face but when it's just her and her boobs it was less clear to me.

vvv I'm ok with that, it's funnier that way anyhow.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 5, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

So when is Hajime going to kiss the new girl?

They aren't the only ones who need to kiss :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

I think he's doing pretty alright for himself without her.

Also Jou and OD still have the best Gatchaman form designs. Hell, I wish I were as stylish as they are in their normal looks.

The note is from Joe

Agree on the designs; O.D.'s suit is my favorite, kinda sucks he can't use it without destroying planets and whatnot.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sugane is super cute, especially now that he's chilled out a little.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

I hope this happens every episode

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
My assumption for the difference between JJ's and Katze's ability to create NOTEs is because Katze is imitating JJ and isn't actually the same kind of being. Was it not mentioned, at least obliquely, that he was at one time a Gatchaman himself? I don't remember exactly since it's been so long since I watched it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nuebot posted:

So I just finished Crowds and I'm glad O.D isn't dead.

:lol: This is the universal reaction to finishing season 1.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think the significance of the gray bubble lies with who she shares that trait with, but I don't think there's enough information yet to say if having one is bad or just different/outside the norm. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more showed up so that we could start getting a picture of what they mean -- is it simply a representation of that person's detachment, showing that they aren't influenced by the group's mood? That's what it feels like to me right now.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Makes sense that Gel would be concerned about it as well if that's the case.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's magical

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

Too hyped for next episode!
:f5::supaburn:

Yep this is pretty much how I felt when it ended too.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
haha those are great.

Still waiting for a nice Insight phone wallpaper of some sort (that isn't just art of the characters).

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rui's slide into irrelevance has been kind of heartbreaking this season. I wonder if he's going to be able to cling to that idealism til the end or if it will eventually be tempered by reality. I see Jou as kind of a potential future for him (like, the bad, bitter future that he should probably avoid lol) , and like the comment earlier that someone said they work as a set.

Drunk Sugayama was :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
He needs a spot on the Millione show. :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Get rid of the shady pumpkin and make it the OD and Sugayama show.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo that is fantastic.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a really bad sign when PaiPai starts agreeing with you.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't hate Tsubasa but she's frustrating because her opinions are basically the idiot opinions of a child because she is a dumb child.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

You have been spoiled by Hajime.

Hajime definitely doesn't think like the average teenager, that's for sure. Looks like she's getting frustrated with Tsubasa as well. It's kinda fun watching her (Hajime) stumbling against her inability to clearly communicate any of her ideas, especially when she's interacting with Tsubasa.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

tsob posted:

Everyone's quick to point out that Hajime is bad at communicating what she means, but at least she's confident sounding when she tries and makes something vaguely resembling a point. Rui is loving terrible at communicating this season, even compared to Hajime and is constantly making the most half-hearted arguments to people in favor or Crowds or against people handing off social responsibility. I'm trying to remember if she was this bad last season, but her argument with Tsubasa at the end of the episode was just the most limp fart of a debate possible on her end because it was basically bereft of any actual substance and seemed like Rui was on the verge of just breaking down and admitting defeat any moment.

The other thing I noticed in the last episode was that Tsubasa and Rui both have ideals that are kind of...poorly defined? Tsubasa's is "uniting everyone's heart" and Rui's is "updating the world" but what do either of those even mean? Listening to them, to me it feels like they're just shouting catch phrases at each other instead of having anything concrete to back it up.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

This is too cute

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lyrics

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

I seriously can't stop listening to this song though, it's so good. Probably my favorite track of the OST.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Berg Katze telling it like it is :nyd:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I could see Gel leaving a wake of ruined planets and being totally oblivious to it, thinking he did a good job with all of them.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
hnnnng want so I can pile it with all my other journals and notepads I never write in.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

no... sugane's lost his college babes

And ran back to Jou

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Since Gel generated word bubbles off people all the time seems like one person could create multiple Kuus if their bubbles got spewed out more than once.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yuru-jii getting real about Japan and WWII was both cool and surprising. Usually they just kinda sweep that under the rug in my experience, so for him to just straight up say "we just went along with it and did some regrettable poo poo" was pretty impressive.

Yeah, I generally just watch this show with a surface level appreciation because I don't feel like I have the cultural & historic knowledge to really get most of what it's doing but this seemed pretty awesome even to me.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was starting to wonder if we weren't seeing the groundwork for season 3 right there.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

When Jou flew down and whisked Sugane out of danger :3:

yesss :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was so good

a kitten posted:

i'm crying

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Butt Ghost posted:

Katze X Hajime is the best anime couple.

They're really cute right there which is a little weird but it works for me.

• Locked thread