Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

ViggyNash posted:

The new villain is dumb. He's proving that Crowds are bad by doing bad things with Crowds. It's like Decarte's proof of God in which he claims that the existence of god proves the existence of god.

Everything else is still fun though. Still trying to figure out the point of Gel's existence in the show, though.

Gelsadra is concentrated nightmare fuel in a moe container and I fully expect the show to have her do something suitably horrifying in a few episodes. Speaking of her, I noticed the emoji bubbles popping up around her in the opening all turn red, rather than the relaxed pleasant green from episode 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Few shows manage to communicate properly the sadness of someone looking lost in bliss like that scene with Rui did.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Hajime continues to be the Twitter Buddha. All the collateral damage, the violence and Sugane's bloodthirsty act really made the episode. CROWDS continues to be everything I have wanted superhero shows to be about.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

As someone who thought Hajime was bordering on flawless character territory during S1, I liked her a lot more this season where she had to take this seriously risky gambit in order to get her message across. Honestly it is a bit eh that no one in the team could figure out a better way for Hajime to communicate effectively with the rest of Japan but it led to some really good scenes so I'm okay with it. Hajime is the hero we need.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Caphi posted:

I said this viewpoint is actually wrong. The show asserts that. But why doesn't anyone in it actually feel that strongly about it?

People are really chill in this series and it honestly doesn't make a lot of sense if you take it at face value. It makes sense thematically but if you want to nitpick, Japan's whole structure should have collapsed after like a week of Gelsadra's rise to power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

MagicBoots posted:

Except these kind of situations arise regularity in all democracies and society manages to not fall apart? Referendums on independence, social issues like gay marriage etc, people vote on decisions they feel very strongly about all the time. Like the other guy said, there are some protests, much gnashing of teeth and then life goes on.

Considering the season started with Rizumu's anti-CROWDS campaign, I think it is fairly sensible to expect that there would be organizations showing up with a clear interest in Gelsadra being put under watch or somehow being kept from doing this kind of thing again.

• Locked thread