Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I don't know if anyone else was going to say it, so I will - it feels meaningful that the Gel Salute as an emblem of "togetherness" actively rejects both the V sign and Hajime's scissor hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

.jpg posted:

Gatchaaaa!

GET CHANGE

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Does this happen every time Gelsadra visits a planet?

...like, does he not remember somehow?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

tsob posted:

Everyone's quick to point out that Hajime is bad at communicating what she means, but at least she's confident sounding when she tries and makes something vaguely resembling a point. Rui is loving terrible at communicating this season, even compared to Hajime and is constantly making the most half-hearted arguments to people in favor or Crowds or against people handing off social responsibility. I'm trying to remember if she was this bad last season, but her argument with Tsubasa at the end of the episode was just the most limp fart of a debate possible on her end because it was basically bereft of any actual substance and seemed like Rui was on the verge of just breaking down and admitting defeat any moment.

Rui has been through a lot this season, and also is basically in the position of walking back from "people can totally handle CROWDS!" to "okay, maybe not, but that doesn't mean they can't make any decisions at all!" which is itself indicative of Gelsadra's in-universe momentum.

Also, Gelsadra's already been pulling 90% approval ratings on decisions like "I will run the entire government singlehandedly and make every decision for everybody in Japan." Whatever force you think that's a metaphor for (and Tsubasa is standing in representation of it, not just being a baby), it's a hell of a thing to fight against.

aside: Those numbers are the closest thing I've got to being suspicious of the show itself rather than its actors, because the script has already made the point that 20% of the populace should be voting in good faith. Instead, literally everybody visible except Yu, Hundreds Dude, and the Gatchamen are now voting "Gelsadra's choice" (6% yes/no on the first vote). I hope that's an actual thing and not some Gelsadra Plot Magic.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 16, 2015

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Speaking of songs (we totally were okay), the ending seems awfully on the nose this time, compared to, say, Innocent Note, even for a song that was clearly written for the show.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

NowonSA posted:

Hajime died for our sins.

Hajime died for our trends.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
What I don't understand is - they asked all the people to stew on the problem for an entire month and come to a conclusion they are as sure of, as deeply and as rationally as they can possibly get themselves is correct, and the 47% or whatever who got outvoted just take the results quietly and keep walking? No one felt that strongly that Gelulululu should go after all? Is this one of those "there's like a few hundred of them but X is suppressing them" things?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

MagicBoots posted:

They will abide by the decision of the majority because that's how democracy works?

I've been asked to think this over with a cool head for a month. I've been asked specifically to apply my beliefs, values, and logic to the problem rather than how I'm feeling. And I've voted on the basis that Gelsadra is a threat by his mere presence, because apparently he can't even control the power that has been kidnapping people en masse.

In short, I think my vote is objectively right. This is not an opinion poll, this is public policy on an issue that has already affected my entire country and for all I know could affect the planet. (Note that I'm wrong, for a variety of reasons, but that's not the point.)

The show was good, but the vote in the ending just seemed hollow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I said this viewpoint is actually wrong. The show asserts that. But why doesn't anyone in it actually feel that strongly about it?

• Locked thread