Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aaand caught up with everything.

I'm gloomy.

e: I can totally see why so many have such strong opinions about the show now which is nice.

Terper fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Einander posted:

Clearly this episode explains why Berg-Katze and Gelsadra share a diamond motif: because as a troll and general purveyor of misery, Berg-Katze decided to steal the visual motif of the single scariest motherfucker he knew of, kind of like all of the animals that mimic poisonous variants of their species.

That scene was really good, with the way everyone immediately stops and freaks out. I kind of expected OD to just immediately transform and try to kill Gelsadra out of general principle. "Berg-Katze is afraid of this guy? EVERYONE OUT OF THE UNIVERSE"

I didn't take it to mean that Gel was stronger than Katze, but rather that Katze is afraid because Gel represents an absolute antithesis to Katze's entire self. As Hajime says at the end of the first season, Katze is everyone. He takes the forms of others and incites chaos through individuality. He cannot exist in a world where everyone is the same.

Katze probably landed on a planet hoping to cause some chaos, found Gel and what he had done to the people, and got the heck out of Dodge.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Allarion posted:

c/p from chat thread since I just caught up.

Random thoughts while I was catching up while Hajime was playing hopscotch, in order to transform into a Gatchaman, you must have the resolve to go against the flow or beyond common sense. The only times Tsubasa has transformed was when she was angry, or in terms of her own character basically against how she normally lives. Makes her an odd choice to be chosen as a Gatchaman but she obviously has some role to fulfill.

I think it's an interesting idea, but I'm not entirely sure how well it works (worked) for someone like Sugane.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

NowonSA posted:

I'm sure that monster lunging at a woman on the ground was just trying to help her back onto her feet.

"The scarlet angel will, in time, transform, and gentle beasts will appear. Their names are many." does seem to imply that they will not be harmful, at least to start with.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This is a neat blog.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Crunchyroll says it's up in a week, so.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gatcha-cha-cha

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"When the scarlet conductor changes his melody, the people will lose their own colors, and bear their fangs in err at the colorless wind."

I guess it means Gel will be persuaded by Tsubasa to not unite everyone in the way he's doing it, but it's too late because everyone's coked up on the Kuus and will attempt to attack Gel because he goes against the atmosphere?

Unless the scarlet conductor refers to Rizumi?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

4 hours and 38 minutes...

I'm bluetsutsu...

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My kuuki: :unsmith:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

However if OD doesn't get to transform then I will gently caress someone up

Terper
Jun 26, 2012