Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Her scarf before was yellow, now it's red. Pretty simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Scarfs just means what grade you in.

Even so, it's great visual shorthand.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph showing gatcha power

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

am i the only one who finds it funny that the bad guys are called vape

no

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel like they could've been edited into one episode but that's about it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

any ideas why the VAPE Crowds just say YACK constantly?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sugane is very cute because of his crush on Jou

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Normie Slayer posted:

O.D. is very cute because of my crush on him.

:agreed:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

doxxing doesn't matter if you're a superhero!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel like this season isn't the best proof that Hajime is challenged though. i mean s1 was its own thing and for a while we didn't know if they'd continue, much less focus the continuation on the harmful potential of CROWDS.

i'm very optimistic about this season, it just seems weird to dismiss a valid complaint about s1 largely based on stuff from 1.5 episodes of an incomplete s2.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

In Training posted:

Yeah but the stinger at the end of S1 was clear in that public access Crowds had harmful effects

a season-end cliffhanger would probably not compensate for ~12 episodes of pro-Hajime in the eyes of somebody who does take issue with her. s1 watchers may have been looking for more depth on that front and were disappointed, but this season is entirely about opposition so...problem solved?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the whole point of VAPE seemed, to me, that their ideas would affect the Gatchamen/world more than their actions, and that would be the true conflict of the show.

have not seen episode 2 though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

aren't they already casting some shadows on her though? she's one of the two people we've seen with a gray bubble and last episode Gel gave it a weird (concerned?) look. i don't think it necessarily means she's getting a rude awakening, but there's definitely something up with her this season.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a beach episode would be good, because Sugane would be even more shy around Jou. also i want to see what OD would wear.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can no longer imagine him without a feather boa and some sort of hat

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i liked Gel's second joke tbh

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lessail posted:

That was a good episode for a good show

this episode was one of the best of any show so far this season, and it'll probably still be up there when shows are finishing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wish all official art of him had him holding a beer

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the Tsuritama cameo was cute

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybe not kid kids, but it seems right on the mark for (pre)teens, especially with political disillusionment being more common in younger generations

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fangz posted:

You are insane if you think this show or Crowds is for pre-teens.

Insight maybe less so (school here taught civics in middle school, obv can't speak for Japan) but they definitely use social media and can encounter cyber bullying, so i'm sure the ideas in Crowds wouldn't be lost on them

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Condiv posted:

i like the part where the former prime minister is drinking his problems away after people he thought were friends unseated him, and they come to him for advice

lol

and he gladly helped them :3:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

He needs a spot on the Millione show. :3:

nah, keep him away from that shady pumpkin

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Gatchaman is scaring me and my only consolation is Rui's new bangs :(

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Jou and OD are very static in their fashion. also DD can gently caress off

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's the hosed up shading used on everybody's hair

i do like it, but it's also strange

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Pai Pai got two songs on the OST :3:
Gatcha Rock is probably my favourite, though the Pai Pais are relaxing to listen to.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Colonel posted:

Lotus Juice is always great.

does Lotus Juice actually do anything on the OST? I thought it was just Iwasaki.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Colonel posted:

He performed the lyrics for that song.

oh lol, I'm dumb + uploader didn't credit him

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Kuu-sama is the worst!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the giant Kuu-sama that was holding Rui looked super comfy. I don't want to want one!!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dude wasn't on board with the Kuu horde, so they forced him to "become one" with them. They're definitely hostile to anybody who isn't a part of the group, e.g. trying to force themselves on Hajime.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

lol im looking on tumblr for gifs and there are people taking tsubasas side, even saying they don't understand what jou was saying with the 20-60-20 rule

tumblr teens...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I want to see Katze's Gatcha suit in the show.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

It's not available for me, very un-gatcha

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Terper posted:

"When the scarlet conductor changes his melody, the people will lose their own colors, and bear their fangs in err at the colorless wind."

I guess it means Gel will be persuaded by Tsubasa to not unite everyone in the way he's doing it, but it's too late because everyone's coked up on the Kuus and will attempt to attack Gel because he goes against the atmosphere?

Unless the scarlet conductor refers to Rizumi?

I think Rizumu is the Scarlet Conductor, who's about to turn everybody against Gel, the Colorless Wind. That's why he referenced changing the atmosphere and Hajime ran off to protect Gel.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rizumu's "guest" being a tablet was great lol

e: same for Neo-100 Dad Solid Snaking around because of the Kuus

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Whoever dresses him is

He dresses himself, so

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm done with mpreg Gel, please return the cute one by the end of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lol, Rizumu's "disguise"

• Locked thread