Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

That ruled. New alien is terrifying and new Gatchaman gonna punch everyone.

I expect her weapon theme is fireworks. Also, her design seems to have a bit of a Fox look afaict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

NowonSA posted:

It's probably not gonna happen, but it'd be interesting if during Sugane's first time at Gatcha headquarters (the circular area with lots of numbers where J.J. hangs out) she pops out of a portal at a higher number than we expect, like 110 instead of 103 (Hajime was 101, presumably Rui is 102). There's lots of reasons that could be, ranging from the Gatcha numbers representing all the Gatchamen made in the universe and not just on Earth to a Gatchaman being recruited between seasons and dying, away on a secret mission or having turned evil. I recall Berg-Katze having a Gatcha-style transformation he could bust out, so I guess they wouldn't go to that well twice, but you never know.

Rui is 100 (idk why). Sugane is 96. Also, you're thinking of Tsubasa who's apparently listed as 60

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fangz posted:

I love that we are full-scale confronting the idea of how meaningless 'being a hero to protect people' is.

Well it's a confrontation of the idea of "being a hero to protect people" and what it really means and what it really takes. Does protecting people make one a hero or does being a hero mean one must protect people?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fangz posted:

The number is their level of competence. Remember that Hajime is 101. :science:

Nope. That doesn't work since Paiman is G-3, OD is G-12, Joe is G-89 and Utsusu is G-99

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

a kitten posted:

Sugane no! Step away from the hat.

It looks like a Panama hat which is perfectly fine if he wants to go with the sort of relaxed, tropical look.

It seems like all of the Gatcha have a sort of idealism. Even Jou, the most pragmatic has a certain ideal that he desires and want to see in others, but he knows others don't have it which is why he's so bitter about it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Season 1 didnt have a whole lot of fighting either. It was mostly speeches about both the good and bad in humanity, and how the good can triumph over the bad even when poo poo looks extremely grim.

As for Gel, all it will take is for the public to do a 180 on something for him to swing around with them. I dont think he will do the actual demagoguery, but if other loud people start to change public opinion negatively he'll pick that up and think its all the people want. What I'm saying is that the actual final boss is Millione.

It'll probably be more like sentiment will change momentarily against the Gatchman and Gel will respond to that and attack them. That seems like the most obvious turn of events.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think the meanings of the bubbles are getting clearer. Pointy bubbles indicate agitation of some sort. Purple is sadness or disappointment. Yellow and orange are happiness or joy or friendliness. Blue and green look to be neutral and black is malice. Grey is still a mystery, but it might be a sort of contentment or inner peace.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Myriad Truths posted:

It feels to me like Gel can't just casually implement everything that the majority wants. Even if the individual decisions are reasonable, they don't necessarily produce a workable outcome in total. For instance, Gel slashed taxes this episode in several areas and also started offering a bunch of new, free government services. Each individual decision might have been wanted by the majority, but I don't think the majority is in favor of the government accruing massive debt either. I'm curious if the show will touch on that particular problem with majority rule.

Ostensibly, those costs are covered by completely eliminating the Diet and shrinking Defense spending to nothing, but there's still probably going to be some shortfalls

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Tsubasa represents the type of person who flounders when thinking about complex things and prefers to just shortcut beliefs via emotion rather than any sort of reasoning. Depending on the issue, it's the sort of response most people have to any sort of complex ethics or philosophy. Hajime, as cryptic as she is, seems to put a bit of thought into her actions and can generally back up her reasoning. Understanding it is a bit of an issue.

I feel bad for Sugane. He played the role of every(gatcha)man in the previous season so in this one, he's not had much to do which is a bit of a shame. Kate was good at the end though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Gelsadra has established a cult of personality based around being the people's leader. That's never gone poorly in history.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The hand drawn designs are a nice attempt, but they're very QUALITY to the point where I'd rather buy it clean.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

millione is a bad guy. he's a huge part of the problem as a guy who helps create the atmosphere

Considering he represents mass media, it makes perfect sense.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Redmark posted:

Was that not the whole point of CROWDS and updating the world? To empower the individual? And now what happened is the fallout from that.

idk man I feel like you had an extremely specific view of what this show was supposed to be about and that doesn't really work when the show's not even finished

S1 put forth the idea of the empowerment of the populace over and alongside individuals. S2 put forth the idea of further empowering the populace, but at the sake of the individual. If they do an S3, I'm curious where they'd go (besides Hajime's boobs) with the series

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hope X becomes a Gatchaman in its own right and teams up to do sick combos with Rui

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
S3 willbe about the class divide and the utilization of wealth to accumulate power and manipulate the people. Egobossler will be some sort of alien adviser to a CEO who begins to produce power suits that can emulate the powers of the Gatchaman

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Seeing the Kuus and Crowds playing together was both bizarre and adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Alternatively, it's the opening to Saints Row 2

Alternatively, it's the opening to Saints Row 4

• Locked thread