Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

You do get the impression that this show won't age very well, it's written very much for Obama-era post-social media revolution. Which is going to get more irrelevant over time as many of the question the show raises get answered or rendered pointless.

But for now, it appeals to we TED-watching hipsters.
I feel like that's something the writers have to know. You can't really make a show about the current era of social media without it getting outdated eventually. Still, I think this will be interesting to look back on years in the future.

Also the alien girl is the sweetest thing alive I want to hug her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I was thinking that Crowds' concept of social media could become outdated, not because it is no longer relevant, but because the way we interact with social media can drastically change.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

I think Gatchaman Crowds is going to be good, forever. It's not like Lain ever stopped being awesome.
I don't think anyone's arguing that it'll be bad, just that its concepts may be outdated at some point.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

It seems Hajime now has hella jiggle physics so maybe that's why they seem bigger? More investigation is required.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

O.D. is very cute because of my crush on him.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Namtab posted:

Also she is never in a swimsuit
You can probably find art of her wearing Utsutsu's getup.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Davincie posted:

if you look under the skirt, do you see a bulge?
I don't know, but if you look at this picture, you see the best girl

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

gucci!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

It just occurred to me that Hajime defeated Katze using his own means.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I like that the vape guys wear masks when vaping, because that only makes them more conspicuous.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

What I learned in episode 2 was that I still want to hug Gel-chan.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I remember O.D. saying he couldn't transform for most of season 1. I forget why.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

.jpg will save ADTRW

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

O.D. is still the best character on the show

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I am glad Sugane won't stop thinking about drinking with Jou

I am also glade the Gatchaman immediately thought red meant VAPE and did not even consider Gel

Huh, Tsubasa's bird mode(?) is also red. I wonder what significance red has in all of this

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 20, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

man, I somehow forgot how cool the designs were in Crowds. Has this artist worked on anything else in particular?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Huh. I can't really properly judge with a quick glance, but it doesn't seem like he's done anything with the same design styles as the gatchaman forms. Those verge on Kazuma Kaneko territory.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Gatchaman Crowds is weird.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

If you don't vote Gel-chan, you don't vote peace.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Huh, I had no idea the vocalist of the Crowds OPs was male.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

It just occurred to me that Gel doesn't appear in the ED at all. She appears in the OP a few times, and is the center of the group photo at the end of it, but she doesn't show up in the ed, where the Gatchaman are all forming a link as one. There's probably some significance to that.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

The fact that she is not a gatchaman probably factors.
No, but she has a "gatcha" form of sorts, and you could argue that she's been played up as an ally up to this point.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I was under the impression that Crowds was aimed at a younger audience, but this season is so political that I'm not sure if kids would really understand it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Kylra posted:

I wonder what the deal is with the diamond motif. Katze had it with his tail, and now Gelsadra does with the mark on his face and the cape.

Also I want to hear about Gels' fiscal and immigration policies.
They're both aliens. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

gel is getting fat for some reason, I hope this isn't weird mpreg stuff

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I did not expect this to actually happen, what the loving poo poo

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Crowds, specifically.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I get the feeling Katze is going to be the one who defeats Gel

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I meant defeating as moreso "stopping." Like, not rendering incapacitated, just halted in their action.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

conflict causes boom. pretty fireworks

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

a kitten posted:

Hangin out at anime cons

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I want to marry that Hajime cosplayer

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

drat, that got heavy.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Berg Katze has it the best

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm glad Hajime is okay. I am also glad Jou and O.D. survived their fights with Katze in S1, but I'm not sure how I feel about everyone not dying whenever they're teased to be dying.

Regardless, this is a good show with good music.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Katze X Hajime is the best anime couple.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I think Egobossler makes a sentient virus called X or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

That spoiler is rather obvious to begin with. Don't worry about it.

• Locked thread