Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
I liked the first season, and I'm liking this one so far. They're taking the "visitor from skies comes saves us all" concept and running with it in absurd, full throttle.

I mean, we just gotta accept that all those politicians saw no problem with letting anyone, not even one of their countrymen/women become the leader of their nation. Guess they didn't saw what happened in the USA with that nigerian sleeper agent! :v:

Darth Walrus posted:

Tell Rui to switch off X and stop giving CROWDS to people? He'd hate it, but he's got enough integrity that he wouldn't refuse.

I guess we'll see in the next episode. Remember, elections are now done via GALAX, which in turn is controlled by Rui, who might still believe in the CROWDS enough to try and interfere with the people's choice.

I at least see him turning it into a 50/50 split, so the decision gets shelved for a little while. And it would be interesting to see what Gel does when there's no majority to guide his actions.

If anything, it would lead to Rui giving up control of GALAX to the goverment/Gel, which will be a bad idea if it turns out he's evil. The CROWDS can be mischievous and a bit dangerous when out of control, but an AI that controls vital parts of the government and it's unmatched anywhere in the world? That's the real dangerous weapon.

Phobophilia posted:

Perhaps Sugayama is a personification of the failed promises and ideals of the Japanese political system. He is not a bad person, he has just failed to capture the imagination of the public and ends up being swept aside by pure populism. This story is more relevant to Japan's all-consuming LDP bloc, and cannot be told in more partisan countries.

He seems more of an administrator than a leader, like he was great at keeping the government functioning, but wasn't savvy enough to get political support from other members of parliament, and couldn't deal with the CROWDS in S1 until the Gatchaman team appeared out of the sky to solve that problem for him.

Gel in the other hand is great at getting support from the people, but being a leader is not only about being popular, but also about taking and acting on unpopular decisions because those are what's needed to solve a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
She taps into the energy reserves in her boobs. :v:

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Caphi posted:

Does this happen every time Gelsadra visits a planet?

...like, does he not remember somehow?

Maybe other planets weren't as individualistic, so he didn't have to mix everyone's emotions.

I really hope Tsubasa is under mind control, because otherwise she's the to-go example of dumb teenager that old people love to rail against.

And yeah, leaving every decision on Gel's hands is surely to end well. Why, maybe he should add another finger to his salute, and start pointing towards the bright future he will take us into! :v:

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Could be that, just like the people at the start of the episode, they begin to be nosy about people's problems.

"Are you okay? Do you need help?"

But what happens when they find people who don't want help to solve their problems? What then? Will they be forced to accept the help? And what if the solution is worse?

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Terper posted:

Unless the scarlet conductor refers to Rizumi?

I'd say that's more probable.

Rizumu changed his opinion from being incarcerated, and is now plotting some way to change things. Maybe have those who don't like the Kuus become Red CROWDS, and attack Gel, even though he's not really the one in control. This could provoke a civil war between Red CROWDS and Kuus, with normal people caught in the middle.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Yeah, X deciding that the world needs updating, but not letting it in the hands of Rui, who was shown as capable of just giving up as the rest of the masses, if not more, is not far-fetched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I KNEW I FORGOT TO WATCH SOMETHING.

Insightoo!

• Locked thread