Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Aww gently caress, I just found out about this. The Monk or Kenetic adept or whatever is most interesting to me.
Please confirm they are baller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Payment keeps failing. Hmmmm.

Looks like an issue for others but the forums are down. poo poo.
edit: My bank has over-zealous fraud protection.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 9, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Archonex posted:

They've been down for a few days from what I can tell. :argh:

Which is frustrating since i'm a sucker I have been trying to figure out if the basic founders pack is in any way worth it at this point. About the only way I could see it maybe being worth it is if the cash shop currency is above the amount you'd get by buying it after release.

I'm stupid and bored so I buy dumb games all the time.
The forums are back online. Just the links to the old threads were severed after the migration.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Does the Necromancer poo poo out a ton of minions or is there a class that does?
I just wanna hang back and let my minions do the work.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm in as Quinn Fravash.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I was in the tutorial and it said I declined an invite. Go again?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So should I focus on one class or what? I've upgrade the three starting ones a bit to see what I like.
How do we get new classes?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

:siren:JUST SO YOU KNOW:siren:

You can get all the class outfits by completing the class tutorial.
poo poo is tight.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Uhh, did I get kicked from the guild? I know I was logged out for two hours but jeez!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Testing out the Kinetic and I was hoping for a brutal punch man but instead I get an Earth Bender Adept. I'm okay with this.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kaddish posted:

I'm not very far into the game yet but it seems to me Lightbringer is really a DPS class with some support stuff thrown in.

Just download a 143MB patch.

I'm around Prestige 2000 and Lightbinder is werid. The Kamehameha does lovely damage sometimes and melts people other times. Getting consistent damage is much harder than Cryo (which is not boring but it is easy). I like it the most of the starting classes but I doubt I will go back once I have Necro of Kinetic.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Minsky posted:

Well I just unlocked the global ascension atlas and boy there definitely seems to be plenty of stuff to unlock in this game if that's your cup of tea.

Yeah. I guess you could unlock every node if you had enough time. Seems daunting but in my first poopsock day I nearly finished Lightbinder, fleshed out some Paladin and Cryo and escaped the first cluster of the global Atlas.
Had I been more focused, I could have gotten further but I just love dressing up.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm starting to get the feeling that the best way for me to stick with the game is to unlock as many classes as possible.
Swapping around the first three is keeping me sane because I can almost never get a group going.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a way to upgrade your account? I bought the $20 pack but I want the other poo poo now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I really, really wish all classes were the same distance from the center. It looks like the ones further away also cost more to unlock but are not necessarily more powerful.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tried Berserker and it's fine. I personally like Gunner way more. No clue if the funbux conversion is worth it BUT I'm also an idiot who spent $200 on Warframe.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WarLocke posted:

I was under the impression the 16th was a total open beta. Like, just install and go, no invite needed. Basically a 'soft launch'.

Yes, you are correct.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Guild limits this low is just silly. I'll reapply in a week or so when I finally have a day off.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WarLocke posted:

They apply to your character at all times, think of them as 'global' stat bonuses.

If you're not in a hurry to unlock new classes it might be worth filling out the first half of all the starter class atlases, because those nodes give about the same stat bonuses as global atlas nodes, but at a fifth of the spark price.

I did this because I can't decide on which path to take and I heartedly agree. Once you have the prestige to fill one, the spark rewards let you steamroll the other two.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I hate money so I upgraded to the top tier. How long does it take for the items and poo poo to show up? My profile badge is there but no extra bits in game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Drinkfist, you messaged me but I had to leave.
I miss you. I want to be with you.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I wonder if mounts will have any decent purpose aside from zooming around the globe room.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WarLocke posted:

Ahahahaha, notorious Marvel Heroes shitposting sperg Harry Tasker is playing this game after he got banned from MH.

Probably doesn't mean much if you haven't played MH, but that is some funny poo poo.

I put 300 hours into MH before quitting. He's an absolute delight and would sit in a hub and argue with people for houuuuuuurs.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, don't just highlight people that agree with you.

I mean, he's right but jeez :)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The goo blobs hit hard. You summon up to six and they crawl toward your target. It's like a delayed ST acid bomb. They do not stick around to fight, just explode.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Magic Science guy wants to give me a trait slot by killing 20 dudes real quick but I can't seem to make it go bingo.

I'm shooting plasma as fast as I can!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Drinkfist, your persistent mission to invite me to the clan, despite my lovely work hours, is inspiring. I probably won't be back on until Monday but I'll hop on Mumble as soon as I can.

Glory to the Godleader.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goddamn those look hot.
Why do I have to go camping when I could be home capping my Gunner?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Good god. There are a lot of people getting really mad at the Spanish speaking population and screaming that anyone who doesn't speak English should be banned.

They also hate it when you point out that it is a Russian game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What the hell.
My latency goes to 5000 MS for a little while each mission now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I messed with Alchemist a little and it looks like the buff needs to be triggered before they are summoned. Then again, damage is weird and inconsistent so I am probably wrong.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Neat. I can play for 15 minutes before a crash. I thought my system was just overheating but it's 60F in my office and still crashes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Aside from the big charged tells, I don't get the point of dodging. All other ranged attacks just hone in on me no matter the distance traveled.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Angrymog posted:

The concept is fine. The associated grind is not something that will amuse me. And I tried out the classes that interested me the most in the training room, and none of them really clicked. :(

Whether you play or not is of no consequence to me but the training room builds barely show you how they actually play. I was lukewarm on Slayer until I got a special mission to play as one and I am stoked to unlock it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

1) Every missions shows you the average time to completion. Are there speed hackers or are they counting people who abort as having completed them?

2) The PvP arena is a nice way for quick rewards but holy gently caress is it a mess and next to impossible to tell what's going on. I was paired against a Slayer, Kinetic and Archer and spent the entire round stunlocked.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Morglon posted:

I don't think they even have statistics, it's just and arbitrary time they picked and yeah, it's on the long side if you actually know what you're doing.

:stare: I just not realized I've been reading it as seconds. HURRRRR

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got kicked out if the church for not logging on in a while. I lacked faith.

This game just sits at very weird place for me. The game style I like (considering how much time I spent in Vindictus and Warframe) but it's just not quite grabbing me. Maybe it's because I decided to hunker down and get the symbol for Gunner but everything is either effortless or impossible (looking at you, that 5 person Nyad mission).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm so loving close to Kinetic but the time I have for two missions never pop the gem type I need and the 1x missions are never populated.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Liberatore posted:

Erm, what? What does "1x missions are never populated" mean?

The missions available to me that are only the standard reward (no multiplier) never have other people looking for groups and I have a poo poo time soloing as a Gunner.
So, every morning I log in hoping that a 3X blue mission is available and populated but they never are. It's just my lovely luck.

I have very little time to play so in the two reward rotations I can play, I am stuck to the whims of the RNG gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Reicere posted:

When soloing you can select a difficulty level(star/skull count) from the drop down on the mission before you launch. The game tends to select the highest difficulty you qualify for if you aren't choosing manually.[

Are you loving kidding me.

• Locked thread