Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

One thing I keep reading, if you want to participate in some high-end PvE content, that getting the Paladin symbol is a must because it's super strong.

Also, apparently you can't progress through the Upper Atlas through an unlocked class from the Early Access or Collector's Edition class unlocks. You must progress from one of the three starting classes, then make your way over to the unlocked classes to get the nodes around there. Please berate me if I'm wrong, I only played the starter classes.

FoolishLobster fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Reasons to play Knight:

-2 Dash counters to shield charge into things and smack them all to the ground.

-Your finisher is a wind-up uppercut to send the enemy flying into the air where your badass eagle swoops in and kills/takes it away.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Roach Warehouse posted:

Well, I caved and bought myself a week's early access to a free game.

Will I need to re-download the client for the open beta/soft launch?

Nope. Client will update with latest patch.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

quote:

Character: Maou Lin

TL;DR Story: Born from a self replicating spiritual system designed to embed soldiers across a collection of multiverses to fight for their gods ideals against an enemy that does the same, embed it's soldiers across multiverses.

Full Story: Coming soon

I can't wait! :allears:

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Thaetus Spayzemorman

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

2197 Prestige, Thaetus Spazemorman looking for an invite

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

If you don't mind the broken English, here's a guide on the importance of your Order, what you might want to spend your sparks on in the Atlas, and a preview of the new Ether Core system in RU OBT that will most likely come to NA:

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55a2e501379882c0745d364c?page=1

And here's a spreadsheet of proficiency drops in each Solo and Group area and what Prestige you need for an area to open and to access higher difficulty levels:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mjNa1XFPIgVFKKnsH5pERD1UZG4jnmSWbfzLrsU56RY/edit#gid=0

FoolishLobster fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 13, 2015

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

On weekly caps:

Toasty posted:

Hi everyone,

The limit for the second week was not lowered, however what’s going on isn’t presented clearly. During your first week of Skyforge you receive a boosted limit, (around one and a half a normal limit) and your second week is based on a limit that has not been boosted. This is designed as a method to ease new players into the game and afterwards you are at a normal limit for that week.

We are looking into it and will provide more details on how the limits increase for each week in the future.

FoolishLobster fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 15, 2015

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

http://sf.my.com/us/collectors-edition

$60 USD. A bit more than I expected.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Lemon King posted:

Class items received from the Collectors Pack have a little more damage than than the Founders Pack. :tinfoil:

Paladin, Cryo and Lightbinder get other weapons from the CE as well? Or just Knight and Alch? I thought it was the latter.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Lemon King posted:

Including the first 3 base classes.

So we talking higher Might or higher special bonuses?

Edit: Found the forum post. Might is up to 86, and the skill bonuses are ~3 times more (at least for Lightbinder), but not the green bonus.

FoolishLobster fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 16, 2015

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Yeah mapping programs don't work because the game has half-built controller support which you can't disable that overrides everything.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Posting this again for those that have hit their limits and are looking for where to get gear to up their prestige a bit more:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mjNa1XFPIgVFKKnsH5pERD1UZG4jnmSWbfzLrsU56RY/edit#gid=0

Also I'm pretty sure they took away farming the first boss of Port Naori for class sparks.

FoolishLobster fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 17, 2015

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

To clarify what people mean when they say "unlock every node" for a class:

You only need to unlock ALL talents and abilities for a class to unlock the symbol slots, the symbol, the costume, and for you to start gaining sparks of evolution. You don't need to get every single stat node to get all that stuff.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Angrymog posted:

I installed this on a whim yesterday, and I really have to wonder what the meetings where they decide to put the boob physics in look like, because not only are there boob physics, but they vary on the costume you're wearing. Why, game devs, why?

Also high heels. :(

Apart from those two bits of wierdness, it seems quite fun, but I have to ask how many zones are there?

Open the mission map and click on the magnifying glass in the bottom right corner. You'll see every thing you can queue for and at what prestige they open up at.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

So here's a quick guide to endgame tanking for Knight and Paladin, in terms of what chapels, symbols, and talents are commonly chosen:

https://eu.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55adb3c0ac7233ac2b5e0cee/1?page=1

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Drakes posted:

Is there something wrong with the lightbinder promo? I can't use my left/right clicks in combat unless theres a minimum range I'm unaware of.

Press T. It switches between enemy and friendly targeting priority.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

LittleBitch posted:

While playing as a light binder, is it more effective to auto attack the enemy, or should I be buffing allies with it?

In a dungeon, you're better off using it on players because with a talent it makes your light energy recharge faster, so you can use your Flood of Light to buff a party member then quickly bring your light energy up again to cast shields/buffs. In 3-man missions I don't go support spec unless we're having trouble because the 2 other group members are squishy.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Anniversary posted:

Truest post here I imagine.

I guess I'll have to read more on how they each play before rushing one. Is there a particular starting class I'll need to choose? I'm not very interested in any of them yet but usually like tanking so the paladin would probably be my most likely choice.

You can unlock Necromancer, Kinetic, Archer, or Slayer within your first spark cap, so in about 8-12 hours, if you plan your spark acquisition accordingly. Alchemist will take 3 weekly caps to unlock (so between 2-3 weeks). All 3 starter classes are equal in their starting paths in the upper atlas.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

http://sf.my.com/gb/news/announcements/skyforge-producers-letter-high-prestige-content-update

quote:

Hello Immortals,

For the past couple of months, the Skyforge developers have been hard at work getting the game ready for the Open Beta Test. This means a lot of late nights polishing content, testing features, and fixing bugs.

In addition to all the work that’s going on in-game, we’ve also got a lot happening behind the scenes in both our North American and European operations groups, as well as within their respective data centers. All of the behind the scenes work happening right now is to ensure the game is adequately prepared for the release of our next major update!

This patch is a key milestone for the project, designed to bring players the much needed challenges for their Pantheons and includes several new group activities! This should alleviate concerns from players who believed that reaching their weekly cap would leave them out of activities. Here’s a sample of some of the upcoming activities:

Distortions

Using a dedicated analyzer, Pantheons can mark spatial distortions on the tactical globe of the divine observatory, allowing a group of ten players from the same Pantheon to instantly teleport to the enemy's lair. They will need to fight four powerful opponents one after another face-to-face in an arena. As reward for their triumphant victory, these groups receive unique Epic weapons and other valuable trophies, advance towards the next stages of their character’s divine form.
Invasions

Whilst Pantheons seek out Aliens in Distortions, the enemy also prepare their own invasion! Every immortal will now be involved in keeping Alien invasions at bay. Invasions are large scale events that affect all players without exception, consisting of numerous stages. Battling through each stage of invasions will allow you to make significant progress through the Divine Atlas due to rewards and bonuses which are not counted towards the weekly limits.

Anomalies

Anomalies are activities for five players in a large open area that can be accessed by several groups at the same time. Tessa's Sanctuary acts as a rallying point near the Anomalies and a place where gods wishing to join in on these adventures congregate. Anomalies abound with Ether Resonators which in turn can be converted into Sparks for the Ascension Atlases among several other epic rewards. In this new challenge, an essential stat will come into play: Tactical Sense, used to overcome the defenses of powerful enemies.
Raids

Ten valiant gods will explore two unique and incredible locations that will test them against the strongest creatures on Aelion: The Mechanoid Ship & Operation Isabella. Raids will be serious challenges for players seeking group-based high-end PvE content and a source of upgrade items to increase their Tactical Sense statistic.

Divine Form

Such heroic deeds cannot be achieved by mere mortals, not even immortals. For most of these activities, you will need to rise as a God and progress through the newly unlocked Divine Atlas. Players will need to complete the "New God" Storyline quest which becomes available at around 30,500 Prestige.

Aelinet Improvements

In order to help you toward the goal of becoming a God, we have improved the interface of Aelinet so that players can manage and send adepts on missions directly through the Aelinet. Additionally we'll be aiming at restoring Aelinet chat and resolve our pantheon issues by the time we reach our target date for the update.

Patch Release Date

We’ve heard from many of you who are anxious to know when this patch will be implemented. This patch contains a lot more fixes and improvements that we could share in this letter - but we will soon publish a detailed patch note along with a more specific time and date. You will not have to wait long to experience these additions and changes.

Conclusion

This demanding schedule put our team under a lot of stress but rest assured that for the time being, we will be working towards resolving several other requests from our community and will address them in separate topics. Naming only a few here: PvP Titles, Mechanic costume commemorative gift, chat filtering etc

Thanks again to everyone for their interest, support and enthusiasm for Skyforge! We’ve seen a lot of Immortals going above and beyond to help new members of the community feel at home, especially within the French Community Chat and German community Chat.

Open Beta is a huge step for us, but it is not the last. Skyforge will continue to expand and improve as we move forward, thanks to the ongoing efforts of our developers and community.

From all of us here on the Skyforge Team, Thank you!

-Aaron "Legatus" Biedma
-North American Skyforge Producer – My.com

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Obscurity posted:

Hands down the best change this patch. Hopefully won't wait 30 mins for a 3 man now, or an hour+ for 5 man..

Or 12 hours for a PvP match. Can finally get those god drat upgrades.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

What's the founder's Insight cap this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

:barf:

I wonder how they decide what the cap will be for the next week. The Russians were at around 24k cap by week 7 from founders, right?

• Locked thread