Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Autarkeia
May 24, 2005
He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin'... Somethin's gonna happen.

Drinkfist posted:

Ok I just got online for this shindig.

I am making a list of people that need invites. This is what I got so far.

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

:siren:If you need a guild invite and you are not on this list then quote this post and say your loving in game name.:siren:
I am not reading all your walls of text about how loving awesome your class is and then discover you are not in the guild and you snuck your name in the boring post.

This new guild system is gonna make it so we can open up some serious slots in the guild. So this bullshit should be at an end soon.

Aye Veriley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

:siren:If you need a guild invite and you are not on this list then quote this post and say your loving in game name.:siren:
I am not reading all your walls of text about how loving awesome your class is and then discover you are not in the guild and you snuck your name in the boring post.

This new guild system is gonna make it so we can open up some serious slots in the guild. So this bullshit should be at an end soon.

Bird Mage

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Does the Shield Power chapel give a bonus to all shields you cast, or all shields cast on you?

Second : Paladin shield is 12% of max hp, if the chapel gives me 5% bonus, does that shield become a 17% shield or more likely a 0.12*1.05=12.6% of max HP shield?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Evernoob posted:

Does the Shield Power chapel give a bonus to all shields you cast, or all shields cast on you?

Second : Paladin shield is 12% of max hp, if the chapel gives me 5% bonus, does that shield become a 17% shield or more likely a 0.12*1.05=12.6% of max HP shield?

From what I understand it's the shields you cast and you get 5% more of the amount you get so 5% of 12% extra.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Morglon posted:

From what I understand it's the shields you cast and you get 5% more of the amount you get so 5% of 12% extra.

That doesnt seem very useful, then.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
Do we have anyone 20k+ playing a lot of Archer? I'm going to fill the class eventually for the symbol, but I'm trying to decide on something to main for a bit post-Slayer. I've narrowed it to Kinetic, Necromancer and Archer.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Slaan posted:

Well what else are you gonna do for a tank and that number gets huge because of the way HP increases later on.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Windchilla posted:

Do we have anyone 20k+ playing a lot of Archer? I'm going to fill the class eventually for the symbol, but I'm trying to decide on something to main for a bit post-Slayer. I've narrowed it to Kinetic, Necromancer and Archer.

These are all good for different reasons.

Archer is good ranged with a sacrifice of survivability.

Kinectic is good ranged and melee (better melee iirc?) also with limited survivability.

Necromancer is decent ranged, with more of a ramp up in power as you level it..and has superb survivability.

If you don't care about survivability, go for the class that is more visually/thematically appealing essentially.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Necro is an okay ranged DPS, though you're rooted when doing your rotations unlike other classes. The majority of your rotation is keeping up plague and hellfire and using your statue to summon a boosted carrion and chuck a skull. You can chuck additional skulls between cycles but the primary thing you're trying to avoid is going below 0% health while you have a statue up, teleporting back to your statue eats up precious lich time and also screws up your health regen.

But, if you manage to get an execute off, for 11 seconds you are a face melting golden god that no one else can even approach.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
What are you talking about Archers have amazing CC, they might in fact be the class with the most CC out of all of them. They also do amazing AoE but are a bit lacking when it comes to single target burst beyond the opening shot. Kinetics outburst all of them but are kind of squishy while Necromancers do less damage but are sturdy as gently caress and a nightmare in PvP if you're into that.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 12, 2015

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
This discussion is definitely helpful. I was leaning initially toward Kinetic, but they seemed as though they have a high floor and low ceiling and that's generally a turn-off for me. Kinetic definitely seems the best choice from a purely meta/raiding standpoint, but by the time I'm at that level I'm sure I'll have all of the listed classes filled anyway. The one thing keeping me from really digging into Archer is I thought the class preview was incredibly boring and one-dimensional. I have played against some nasty Archers in pvp though, so I can see what other tools they could potential bring to the table.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

Malidarn Barlow

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Windchilla posted:

This discussion is definitely helpful. I was leaning initially toward Kinetic, but they seemed as though they have a high floor and low ceiling and that's generally a turn-off for me. Kinetic definitely seems the best choice from a purely meta/raiding standpoint, but by the time I'm at that level I'm sure I'll have all of the listed classes filled anyway. The one thing keeping me from really digging into Archer is I thought the class preview was incredibly boring and one-dimensional. I have played against some nasty Archers in pvp though, so I can see what other tools they could potential bring to the table.

The thing with Archer is that by the time you get class sparks you pretty much have all the skills you're gonna need. The thing you do with elemental arrows is all there is to it and the rest you get is CC and utility and talents to augment your poo poo. If you don't like the arrow thing then Archer is probably not for you but you're not gonna lose a ton of progress by just getting to the way of the Archer thing.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
Yeah. I know eventually I want the symbol anyway and it seems like a relatively low investment class, so that's probably what I'll try. I know Kinetic takes significantly more sparks to get going and I'm still at babby-tier caps since I started so late. I should probably actually math out what I'm going to have left after unlocking Slayer, but I was trying to avoid doing any actual planning.

On a sidenote I'm streaming some Skyforge garbage-tier farming on Twitch same name as SA.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Reicere posted:

Not sure how I feel about the font changes in this patch
Seems like most of the ui elements are written in flash, and could be replaced without altering the client
This was caused by dropping a blank Fonts.swf at data\Interface\Bin\Fonts
Useless to me though, since I don't know a drat thing about flash

This is good, thanks. :twisted:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Obscurity posted:

I just want 2 specs so I can not fail on pve Necro in pvp

Agreed. I'm using Slayer exclusively for PvP since Berserker is not that great in 10v10, but whenever I do try Berserker I feel kinda gimped with my PvE build. I don't use Slayer for PvE at all which means it's not a big issue at the moment, but Warlocks (as with all ranged classes) are great in PvP if played decently, and I'm well aware of how much I'm gonna have to change my build every time I get into a match once I start playing class for real.

There's good news, though. The event that first added dual and triple spec is in the game, just not activated. Which implies that the functionality is there. If the event isn't activated soon, we'll probably see dual spec being sold on the marketplace in a patch or two.

Gindack posted:

With dash cancelling no longer working like it used to for zerkers, is bonus dash as useful? Just unlocked Lacerated Wound and trying to figure out what to go for next.

edit: Nevermind I'm dumb it still works.

Dash canceling doesn't work like it used to. You can't attack until the time when the canceled animation would have ended, so it's not possible to gain damage output from this.

It doesn't affect Berserker that much, though. You just switch from 3 Fractures to 2 Fractures and 1 Crippling Blow during Thirst for Battle. This is actually slightly more damage during TfB, at least until you have a purple weapon and especially if you're taking damage (Wounded Beast), but less damage overall as you aren't using Crippling Blow on cooldown anymore.

Bonus dash is still useful, but not as one of your first symbols. On-dash symbols like Rapid Attack have great synergy with it, but at the moment you're probably only using dash to stay alive or the occasional boost of mobility, and 3 dash charges is more than enough for that. I would say go for it anyway if it wasn't for the fact that symbol slots are quite limited early game. Right now, at 25k prestige, I have 7 symbol slots (maxed Slayer and Berserker), all of them in use; if I hadn't gone for Warlock I would probably have like 9 or 10 symbols to be slotted; it's hard to justify bonus dash (at rank 1 anyway) at that point.

FoolishLobster posted:

What's the founder's Insight cap this week?

12k.

Windchilla posted:

Honestly, the typical Archer PvP build is much more interesting than the PvE one. The last third or so of the Archer atlas is practically meant for PvP, save a couple of talents. You trade damage output for better CC and resource efficiency, you get some interesting interactions with stuns which aren't useful in PvE for obvious reasons, and your play style goes from trying to squeeze as much DPS as possible to chaining CC and timing your burst. In the RU version, Archer and Cryomancer are widely considered the best 10v10 DD classes, so it's a great choice if you enjoy that.

If you want to have an in-depth discussion about the class, bother HyC when he's around. He plays the class quite a bit, in both PvE and PvP.

Slaan posted:

It's not. A lot of guides recommend it for tanks but don't bother. Most of them are based on outdated RU guides and not recent reports from experienced players. Endurance and Adaptation are the two good defensive chapels. Once you have those, your shields vary between 'more than enough to mitigate all incoming damage' and 'shield power isn't going to make a goddamn difference, either go invul or dodge this poo poo you idiot'.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Windchilla posted:

Yeah. I know eventually I want the symbol anyway and it seems like a relatively low investment class, so that's probably what I'll try. I know Kinetic takes significantly more sparks to get going and I'm still at babby-tier caps since I started so late. I should probably actually math out what I'm going to have left after unlocking Slayer, but I was trying to avoid doing any actual planning.

On a sidenote I'm streaming some Skyforge garbage-tier farming on Twitch same name as SA.

Kinetic doesn't take that many sparks. Honestly I'd say Archer takes more for a 'complete' build simply because the talent that reduces your arrow costs from 100 to 80 concentration is at the very end of the Archer atlas. The other stuff around there is more PvP oriented but that talent in particular is still pretty important.

HyC mentioned a Kinetic route that gets you pretty much all the important PvE poo poo for a Sledge build with one week's worth of class sparks. A week later and you have everything you need for a complete Sledge and a Stone Spear build.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 12, 2015

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

:barf:

I wonder how they decide what the cap will be for the next week. The Russians were at around 24k cap by week 7 from founders, right?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Liberatore posted:

HyC mentioned a Kinetic route that gets you pretty much all the important PvE poo poo for a Sledge build with one week's worth of class sparks. A week later and you have everything you need for a complete Sledge and a Stone Spear build.

I'm about to unlock kinetic. Do you have a link to this?

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Liberatore posted:

I'll look that up, that's actually really helpful. I still have a chunk of this week going into Slayer, but between Cryo and Slayer I can still solo Impossibles with a decent speed; just not the hillarious 1-shot-impossible bosses speed of pre-patch. Once I finish Slayer up I'll have like 1700 or so sparks left for Kinetic this week and I'll give that a go. I definitely want to dig into Archer for PVP, especially doing more research and seeing some high level Archer pvp play.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

FoolishLobster posted:

:barf:

I wonder how they decide what the cap will be for the next week. The Russians were at around 24k cap by week 7 from founders, right?

Nah, that was sadly a notion caused by conflicting information. I've yet to see anyone accurately predict every cap past week 4, and I haven't found anything concrete on the Russian forums. Regardless, we're at week 6 now, so 24k by next week is unlikely.

Also, the Russian OBT was at week 15 by the time our early access started.

Slaan posted:

I'm about to unlock kinetic. Do you have a link to this?

No link, as it was part of a convo meant to help a friend. Here's the relevant part, though:

quote:

with one week of class sparks, starting from the place you get class sparks on the atlas, you follow the tree north and loop around the edge and grab sledge. You can also go one node south to grab the aoe talent and from the northern area go to the center and get the ultimate. So pretty much everything important in Pve becides the protective barrier absorbs 2 hits and tramping.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Found a post in the Russian forums stating the sparks of insight cap stopped at 20k, dated June 6 (10 weeks after early access). I remember a while back someone mentioning that the week 8 cap is 20k and that it stops there. He was also mostly correct about week 1 to 4, but made no mention of weeks 5 to 7.

I also found a post dated July 15 mentioning a cap of 20k on that Wednesday, and a picture taken after a short play session:

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014
Is there any reason gunner is rarely mentioned when discussing the dmg classes? I realize it may partially be simply because so many fewer people have it unlocked on us/eu compared to slayer or kinetic, but I'm curious if it has any useful role in pvp.

The ascetic is kinda neat but I don't want to go the whole way there if it's subpar and I could just focus on nodes for kinetic which I have been enjoying so far.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Its viability (or lack thereof) in distortions is a common complaint in the Russian forums, so there's that. Its main issue there is the burst phase metagame, where the ideal class is supposed to do most of its damage every 36-44 seconds. This perfectly suits Berserker and Kinetic, who have 21 and 30 second cooldowns on their burst combos respectively. The Gunner doesn't have that luxury; their main burst buff is on a 90s cooldown that gets reduced with executes.

They're great in PvP, though. I've lost count of how many times I've read about people going 100-0 in 5 seconds flat when facing a Gunner. In 10v10 PvP you're always getting executes so your big burst has a fairly short cooldown, your damage is easy to apply due to range + low amount of rooting attacks, and you have both good mobility through your teleport and decent durability with your shields. In 3v3, eliminating someone from the enemy team instantly is good enough to win a round, and any point advantage is appreciated.

The Gunner's main drawback in PvP is the lack of CC. They're easy kills for classes that can counter their burst, like Berserker or Slayer, but are extremely dangerous to other ranged classes. And honestly, if you just want great burst, Cryomancer is right there.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I only play gunner so far and I can say that you get some good cc as you level up. But ultimately your best cc is being able to teleport away as no one ever knows what the gently caress.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Do they get more than one stun? That's the big thing.

Both Berserkers and Monks can basically break out of one stun on demand. Slayers on the other hand just go invulnerable as they start taking damage, so that's a different matter. If you have at least two stuns (see Warlock, Archer, Cryomancer) or a powerful source of mitigation (Kinetic), those classes become much easier to deal with.

Regardless, the teleport is insanely good in 10v10 as long as you're not in a bad position and can therefore use it to force a target switch.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 12, 2015

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
the developer stream was pretty underwhelming

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I got a big amount of open slots in the guild right now.
This is my list I have been keeping in notepad.

Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Trill Talen
Leonan Elrorn
Ristoph Amirus
Parallel Parkinsons
Fish Pockets
Zombie Princess
Mollester Alone
Boo Urns
Yap Snap
Shiro Ichida
Pyke Fish
Devlin Huer
Taliya Rose
Aye Veriley
Bird Mage
Malidarn Barlow
Funny Fatguy <--- GOT EM
Cupnoodle King <--- GOT EM
Langly Ayanami <---- GOT EM
Trumpous Maximus <--- GOT EM
Gas Stove <--- GOT EM
Helba Montagne <---- GOT EM
Ohrin Dearmeh <--- GOT EM
Rock Mchardslab <--- GOT EM

Everyone without a got em I sent an invite to but got no response. Get online and pm "Irate Drinkfist" for an invite. Also Get on mumble because guild chat is total hosed and we are all talking about you. Be advised you will be shaken down the second you get in the guild.

Maid
Mar 3, 2006

Do you know the Wu-Tang secret of mopping?

Drinkfist posted:

Rock Mchardslab
Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Alys Brangwin
Gas Stove
Helba Montagne
Ohrin Dearmeh

Farty Jackson

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Current List without all the got ems.

Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Trill Talen
Leonan Elrorn
Ristoph Amirus
Parallel Parkinsons
Fish Pockets
Zombie Princess
Mollester Alone
Boo Urns
Yap Snap
Shiro Ichida
Pyke Fish
Devlin Huer
Taliya Rose
Aye Veriley
Bird Mage
Malidarn Barlow
Farty Jackson

Quote this post to be added to the list. Get online and Pm me at "Irate Drinkfist" for an invite. I intend to end this guild player cap poo poo this week.

I also overthrew 70% of the guild leadership so votes should be much loving faster. Talk about how tyrannical my farts are.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Drinkfist posted:

I also overthrew 70% of the guild leadership so votes should be much loving faster. Talk about how tyrannical my farts are.

Good luck actually funding any projects with those faster votes without daddy Shiva's checkbook. :colbert:

Actually I'm godpoor now in any event after paying for that last membership expansion, so even if I was buttmad about the end of my despotic grab for power I don't have wealth left to spitefully withhold. :smith:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

Talk about how tyrannical my farts are.

After shaking me down literally 5 seconds after accepting the invite to the Pantheon, I'd say your farts are more tyrannical than Julius Caesar's, but less than... Pinochet?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
I wish I had money to donate but after hitting somewhere around 8k or 9k prestige I've been getting trophy bits and they've been clogging up my drat inventory like no ones business, forcing me to throw all my credits at unlocking inventory slots.

lethargical
Sep 21, 2010

Lethargy at it's best.
Is the pvp in this game fun / balanced ?
Is there separate gear for pvp/pve like in wow?

How does it compare to pvp in WoW? (O

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

12.7k prestige and have 34k credits. Please someone explain a not mind numbing way to farm money :(

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 13, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Obscurity posted:

12.7k prestige and have 2.3k credits. Please someone explain a not mind numbing way to farm money :(

Not spending all your money on equipment upgrades helps. You can take your time with those because the actual increase is minimal, other than that just play the game, you won't be swimming in it any time soon because of all the different cash sinks but you'll get by if you prioritize right.

As for PvP I have bitched at length over the last two pages, short version is it's unbalanced, you don't get rewarded for playing the objective, you're no gonna get supported by your team if you do but despite that some people seem to enjoy it. It's a complete afterthought though and just Deathmatch, small team Deathmatch and CTF. If you want meaningful PvP look elsewhere.

Edit: v He said not mind numbing though.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 13, 2015

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Obscurity posted:

12.7k prestige and have 34k credits. Please someone explain a not mind numbing way to farm money :(

The good way is to farm and sell holy texts. The fast but not good way is to do pvp and sell the cores. By not good I mean that you don't maximize your credit cap.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

lethargical posted:

Is the pvp in this game fun / balanced ?
Is there separate gear for pvp/pve like in wow?

How does it compare to pvp in WoW? (O

Yes/no
No
You have to be more specific

Also the reward for playing the objectives on the map is called winning.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Do I have to be online for an invite?

Cause I am right now (Ristoph Amirus)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Did anyone else have a loss in Prestige after the patch? I lost approximately 500 from the night before to after logging in, after the patch installed.

• Locked thread