Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Stormgale posted:

Possibly, It just really sucks for multiple packs of the Cursed undead guys, pack 1 dies to missile spam easy but 2-3 speed p and rush you, leap attacking 3/4 of my HP bar from 15-20 m away

The problem i've been having is that "weak" enemies seem to do an order of magnitude more damage than their strong counterparts. An autohit attack doing more than my entire health bar cant be intentional, can it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Not sure how I feel about the font changes in this patch
Seems like most of the ui elements are written in flash, and could be replaced without altering the client
This was caused by dropping a blank Fonts.swf at data\Interface\Bin\Fonts
Useless to me though, since I don't know a drat thing about flash

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Opposing Farce posted:

All of the adepts the game's spawned for me in the last week have been total garbage. I've got two slots just waiting for somebody halfway decent to fill them but I keep getting gray dudes with, like, two points in one stat and one point in the other.

Also I think CTF would be more fun if every match didn't devolve into a big dumb stalemate where both sides have the enemy flag and can't get theirs back so nobody caps for fifteen minutes until it finally times out.

I managed to bug out my last ctf by jumping into the pit with the flag... it never respawned and we got to enjoy a nice 10v10 tdm and a guaranteed win. The other team probably didn't enjoy it as much.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Obscurity posted:

This game stagnated for me because I've been only playing an hour or two at most a day and at that level nothing gets done..I unlock a node or three then log off..Why? Because prestige is not moving and it's the same stale content over and over. I am at just under 15k right now..at what point does the game start giving a decent influx of content to keep you interested?

I had some issues between 13-16k, but it wasn't quite a lack of content that was causing it.
The multipliers I was getting were poo poo and I found myself running the same few mission repeatedly for pitiful spark rewards and garbage gear. I barely moved for about a week and what ultimately got me moving again was going back and actually finishing the new region(with demon enemies) despite it seeming way too difficult. There is still new content there at that point and after, just not always enough incentive to try it.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Saxophone posted:

I've noticed this game had these weird spikes in difficulty. There's a mission I was absolutely blazing through as paladin around like 2300 prestige. I hit 2400 or 2600 and suddenly it's clobbering time for me and I'm hitting like a wet noodle. I assume this is the ebb and flow of the game balancing the instance with whatever power comes with my prestige, but I feel like it can gently caress you over if you're not watching where you're putting points. I also just recently learned that might is bad and I've popped more than a few of those nodes and weapon upgrades. Ugh.

When soloing you can select a difficulty level(star/skull count) from the drop down on the mission before you launch. The game tends to select the highest difficulty you qualify for if you aren't choosing manually.[

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Washout posted:

This thread has been super negative about the game lately and I don't see why, it's really not pay to win and there is a great balancing patch coming on the 16th, the game is really fun and normally I hate grindy games but in this the grind is just not tedious because there are always other things to do.

It may be simply impossible to explain the the feeling of grindyness when there are players who reliably cap during the gaps between rollover and maintenance. I had played since early launch and capped(insight only) each week with a day or two to spare, and when I saw that my cap was going to be 20k a couple weeks ago I just closed out and haven't touched it since. I just can't be arsed to dump that much time into playing catch up... and its going to be even worse for new players using the actual catch up system.

Disclaimer: I'm bad at games... all games, and in every way.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Washout posted:

reliably do 5 mans you can just wait for 3x on them and easily pull in 3000 at a time. Maybe you split up your class sparks too much and don't have enough symbols unlocked?
Half that for not being premium and not having replicators, so 1500/45min is roughly 10 hours to cap each week if you get lucky with your multipliers.. thats 90% of my playtime spent catching up.. My best farming strat is avensten towers at roughly 400 every 7 minutes with no multipliers.It ends up being about an hour each day which is doable so long as I don't actually gain any prestige and get out of its sweet spot. My class sparks aren't a problem as I have kin maxed and knight at 90% with plenty of cap left(I have never hit any cap other than insight)

It just not an appealing proposition right now even though I enjoy the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Washout posted:

Well I quit, failed 3 out of 3 isabella runs at the final boss, this game is a pile of poo poo and it can go to hell. It's like everquest 1 lovely raiding and failing constantly all over again. It's insanely difficult to get a group to do anything that you really need to accomplish.

Like 5 hours of bullshit and accomplished nothing. At best I would have gotten like 60 tac sense, and you need to grind that bullshit up to like 500 ASAP or you are useless. Game actually becomes so insanely grindy past 36k that if I had known about it earlier I never would have bothered.

Every single time I was outdamaging like 2 or 3 of the other dps in the group, and I was the groups Alchemist and only 36k.

Wow, thats terrible... I have never even seen a scout run fail.
EDIT: none of my rear end runs ever failed either, but I can imagine it. Never run rear end, it's for spergs

Reicere fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 12, 2015

• Locked thread