Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Or if a mission demands it. Also it may or may not be a requirement to get amulets.

Rewards seem to be really poorly balanced and I hope the queue situation improves once the game opens up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah pretty much that. I burned through one of the dungeons in ten minutes for almost 300 sparks. Guess I better farm some more for my next class then. Also who do i bug for an invite to the thing?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Is the name changing thing in already?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Pre-order canceled!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Kind of jealous. We didn't get any bag slots.

Edit: it appears their servers poo poo themselves so more waiting! No ETA yet.

And it's up

Morglon fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 16, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I'm actually very happy with Gunner but had they put Witch and Archer in that pack I probably would've given them another 60. Hey I have poor impulse control. I did unlock Slayer but it kind of sucks without weapons and skills.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I just finished a dungeon where I tanked trash and one boss and went Gunner for the other two. It depends on what you do. Also I really need some people to do Daren Facility with me so I can unshitty my Engineers and actually build that guild hall thingy.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You can't outright buy that class right now, it was a founder thing. It'll take you some time to unlock it but there are decent classes on the way and the starters are very good.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Look at this guy didn't quit his job for a new video game. He probably doesn't even poop in socks or know what the seashells are for.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
So apparently ranged Slayer is a really good build. Kind of found out by accident but there's a bunch of stuff for your shurikens and with the right weapon and amulets blood harvest does absurd amounts of damage so there's no reason to ever get close enough to get hit.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It is but it's gonna take you two weeks to get there.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
The grouping really bugs me in this game. I'm in an odd place because I didn't play closed beta and jumped in late for early access and had to figure poo poo out so now I'm behind the people who poopsocked but ahead of the people who jumped in for regular release meaning I can't really group with anybody unless I want to pug so I'm stuck soloing a lot of the time. Meaning also that I can't really recommend this game to anybody because telling them to level for a month or so until they catch up with me so we can play together isn't really a thing I'd do.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Stormgale posted:

You can group with anyone if you group up with them and select solo, solo does not mean you on your own but means "Without group finder" so long as the lowest prestige person leads the party higher prestige people can join them

Well that's something at least. But now the server has shat itself.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Xavier434 posted:

I agree. This would be my preferred approach. Either that or once you open the Ascension Atlas have it trigger a quest where you go train like they have now except finishing training for a particular class unlocks it as well.

I am pretty convinced that gating classes like they do now will cause a lot of players to drop the game. There just isn't anything fun about this feature. It is only a question of whether or not you are willing to tolerate it.

Or at least let you pick out your starting class and go from there. I mean I really like Paladin but Cryomancer and Lightbinder sort of do nothing for me and I would've loved to have Archer or Witch or at least Alchemist instead. But I guess they have to sell packs somehow.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
For now I'm holding on to mine because there really isn't anything you really need to buy there. Holy texts show up as rewards a lot and that's about it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah but that means you literally lose that thing. The thing that spawns somewhere else does so two days later and is from your next rotation. That poo poo should plain not spawn on stuff people don't do like PvP and most group content. You should not need a well coordinated group to get something that is vital to core gameplay. At least not this early on.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Obscurity posted:

Login yesterday..

"Oh hey Pantheon chat is working finally!"

Login today..

"...aaaand it's gone."

Edit:

Are the queue times on group dungeons indicative of lower population, or that I'm too high prestige compared to most people? :( I am at 7.1k right now and going on 20 mins so far waiting for a Hespilon Temple group.

Chat is working but it's pretty much just me drunk posting. Also yeah people don't really do the 5 mans because they're hard to do and you have to actually try and be coordinated to finish them. I would do them with goons but grouping is sort of weird in this game.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Paladins in PvP are pretty dangerous but there's not an easy solution to it. Also don't do team based poo poo unless you have to and if you have to don't give a poo poo about it, you get paid anyway.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
That explains so much.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Heh, look at this guy not buying the founder pack :smug: Seriously though I wish there was an option to just buy classes for cash or just have them the same distance away from the starting classes.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
At some point you'll be using class sparks instead of the colored ones which are a different pool entirely so you can do both at the same time. It'll still take you a good while to get to Gunner.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well it says it'll give you places to go to do guild missions in but the actual base is just pretty pictures you click and numbers that go up. Which is both a good thing and a bad thing and everybody who has played Warframe with goons and been to the dojo will understand.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Put in some money too and felt pretty good about it until I saw someone else dumped a massive amount. How do some people have that much money already?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Stormgale posted:

This game is not well optimised.

It's running super well on my four year old system and I do mean super well, better than some games that are far older and far uglier.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I decided that I want to max out Paladin first but I'm having a hard time deciding on which amulets to use. What's available obviously but someone probably did the math on what gives me the most bang for my buck.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Just so you know there's literally one spot open in the clan right now and the power unit is almost done.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You always start from the base classes you literally can not put points into things next to purchased classes unless you could unlock them anyway.

Yeah figured that would be the way to go but I haven't had a bolt drop in ages and it didn't seem to do that much damage either way.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
There probably aren't any officers on at this time of day anyway and once they do log on someone will build a thing for more slots.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Most of the non class outfits are things you could actually see a normal person wearing outside and most of them are pretty cheap to unlock.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Counting the class costumes it has like 30 or so different outfits per gender right now but closed beta had more and they should put them back in soonish. Some of those outfits take some time to grind poo poo out for but most of the basic clothes are pretty cheap and the class costumes are unlocked by doing the training for the class which takes about five minutes each.

Edit:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct35IrW87EU Here's a bunch of them but female only. Couldn't find the video for male characters.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well the bug didn't do any damage though since I haven't gotten any since so it balances out.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I have no idea what they did with this mini patch but the game runs much worse now. Getting half the fps I used to and random lag spikes are back.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Apparently there's the guild stuff and a bunch of 10 man raids and maybe the guild stuff is 10 man as well I'm not entirely sure.

I will also max out my Paladin before doing much else this week, especially if missions keep having poo poo I don't care about as rewards like they did all morning. Which will still be pretty boring since I have everything I need from that tree except for maybe one skill that's a sidegrade and the rest is pretty much filler.

Edit: There is but it's currently full because they chose to do something else that's not roster expanding despite all my bitching about it.

v It had literally one spot yesterday and it was filled when I checked earlier. Server up and either the thing isn't loading correctly or I have been kicked.

Okay there is one open spot.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 22, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It's okay, I remember everybody. I am not a commander though and I do tend to complain a lot. You just can't win when you play with goons.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Anoia posted:

My character is Gozer Gozerian now. Hopefully I'll find a better white jumpsuit, but this'll do.

Not nearly 80s enough.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It's a shame the suits don't come in white and the hair doesn't get crazier than that.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
He has some points but he expresses himself like a retard. For example there are certain prestige milestones you want to reach to get some things, ether cores are currently not worth doing, some playstyles actually want a ton of stamina and whoever uses the word "gimpage" deserves to be punched until the end of time.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well it was there for a while earlier but yeah it's more down than up now.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah Valor is a lovely stat but 95% of my drops have it on them. The game hates me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Not that I know of but the queue seems super weird as in for everybody in mumble it seemed to tick down for a while then just give up halfway through and let them in anyway. Yeah servers are super slow right now, loading, looting and changing classes takes forever.

Also I have no idea what's going on with the cap this week but it seems less than last week meaning I'm not gonna finish Paladin. Which seems kind of odd since I was halfway done already and there are plenty of people who have finished paladin walking around but whatever.

Edit: training room might not be a good representation of how the class will actually play so you may want to look into some gameplay videos. There is however a lot of grind and if you like none of the starting classes it's kind of a lot to ask to actually unlock anything else.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 23, 2015

• Locked thread