Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Something Lawful

e; God Awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Is there any reason to buy a Founder's Pack before July 9th?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Stanley Pain posted:

You get a week head start to pocksock like crazy then get bored of the game when it launches for everyone else.

Does Closed Beta stuff roll over, or are you referring to starting July 9th? (I'm asking if there is any reason to buy it TODAY vs. on the 9th).

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Harrow posted:

Is the Necromancer as fun and good as it looks? I've watched videos of most of the classes and that one definitely looks like the most fun caster. (Obviously it's not a starter class, but I'll probably beeline for it.)

Wondering this too, but it seems obvious. I plan on starting Lightbinder, and then going Necromancer, Warlock, Alchemist in that order. Do I -have- to level Cryomancer?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Is this skill pathing system better or worse than path of exile in terms of creative ability and annoying requirements?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Since everyone liked my guild name suggestion I blind bought early access the other day. Hopefully this game is as cool as it sounds! :)

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I need name ideas to register when I get home from work.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Lmao at the boob size and the buttocks slider.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I took Siddhartha Gautama. Not sure if I'll keep this or go with something else.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Hmm Star Lord taken so I took Peter Quill.

Still not sure what I wanna actually name my guy..

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Played a Lightbringer to Prestige 600~ and enough to unlock a couple abilities. It seems fun, but there seem to be a lot of missing features that I'm used to in most MMOs. No AH/Trading, no crafting? unless I just didn't get to it yet, no open world at least in early levels.

With that being said it's a good looking game visually, and I know that playing for a bit will unlock more fun abilities so I'll definitely keep going until I can at least try Necro/Warlock out.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

In as Peter Quill

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Got to prestige 1000~ tonight..pretty fun game! When I tried out all the classes in the training place I think I enjoyed Necromancer, Slayer, and Kinetic the most. I didn't try out all of them though so we'll see later. Necromancer is probably still going to be my go-to class. It's pretty close in the Ascension Atlas for Lightbinder at least. Also unlocking the costumes for the classes was cool. I really dig the necro robes. I wish I could wear Slayer outfit in black, though. Too bad it's purple..

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Minsky posted:

Is there an easy way to target friendlies? The game seems to prioritize hostile targets even when I swear my reticle is on a friendly guy. I saw an option to switch prioritization from hostiles to friendly, but then I assume the opposite problem will surface.

I'm playing a lightbringer and sometimes I want to put a shield on some dudes, or refresh that bonus damage buff (is that even worth doing?), and right now if I'm in combat I'm forced to use F1-F3 to do it, which is annoying.

Press T to swap between friendly and hostile.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Game is perfect.

Edit:

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 11, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Bombogenesis posted:

Trying to do Lanber Catacombs and I feel like I've hit a wall with paladin, it's just taking forever and sometimes the endboss just says "gently caress you" and summons a bunch of bugs to eat my face. Might be time to switch to another class, being survivable as hell is fun but poo poo taking forever to die is not.

I just got stuck on this end boss for 6+ tries with multiple pubbies. People are just really bad at killing eggs and dodge falling rocks. :(

On a lighter note..this game..I really like how it looks.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Drinkfist posted:

All right I am putting my foot down.

Motherfuckers under Prestiege 2050 are going to be purged from the guild. I am unable to tell if you motherfuckers just stright up quit or whatever but you cannot contribute to the guild construction until P2050 so that's when you all can apply to get in. Don't even loving look at me if you are below 1000.

I want everyone in the guild loving yesterday but shitlords like thease guys that up and dissappear and never dispatch to construction are on my poo poo list.

Send me a PM later tonight for an invite if you are P2050+. If you are not then either get there or wait for when we have enough of a player cap to fit everyone.

Peter Quill

You got a few hours to contact me about how you are gonna suck the guilds dick and get to 2050+ and start building poo poo.

Well, I was out all day spending time with my step-daughter who hasn't been able to spend time at home with us due to her mother and I both working and her staying with her dad over the summer. So I had to stop at 1924 prestige, which is pretty close to your spergy guild poo poo you require. Keep me or boot me I don't care. I'll be 2k+ tonight though.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Skoll posted:

The game is pretty fun for what it is right now but the random massive lag spikes makes it hard to play for more than 20 minutes at a time. I'll be stable at around 90 ping then shoot up to like 150,000.

The constant disconnect/crashes are what are getting to me.

Stormgale posted:

Just keep an eye out for the bonus missions

Also You can get 99% of what you want out of the guild by hanging on mumble, the guild currently provides 0 unique benefits.

Also Drinkfist cant actually kick you without a vote

Yes, listen to Ramsey here. I was a complainer about being kicked, but I ended up getting 2050+ and yeah honestly mumble is really more useful right now than actually being in guild. v:shobon:v

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Demicol posted:

How do you change abilities? In the ability menu it just says there's "not enough talent slots" or "not enough space". It says 1/1 under the tree but I cant deselect the previous one.

Press Reset button, deselect/select the abilities you want (that are unlocked), press save button.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Stormgale posted:

Its's cool everyone asks that as it's not very obvious

Obscurity you are a cool person btw.

:bigtran:

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Protip for those that don't know:

You get a free 60% permanent mount (Hornscute) and 50,000 credits for your first time buying any argents. The lowest price is $2.99 worth of argents from the shop which gets you 2500. So for 3$ you get a permanent license for your rhino, 50k credits, and 2500 argents. Not a bad deal! :)

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

WarLocke posted:

Is this a limited-time thing?

Not that I am aware of..it's just a "free gift" for first time purchase.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Stanley Pain posted:

^^ Noice!

So if you just buy the 2.99 argent from the in game shop you get all that? That's a pretty sweet deal.

Yep did it myself. :)

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

:catstare:

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Well alright. :tipshat:

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

First appearance is definitely free but name is 5k. Unless the name change I did during stress test somehow carried over.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

This waiting for wednesday for cap reset on sparks really has me bummed. I got 1700+ red from a MSM 3x reward, and that left me with 650 green, and like 300 blue remaining to unlock necro..and I'm capped in about 250 sparks. :smith:

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Drinkfist posted:

If someone could type up a paragraph on how their favored class plays/functions that would be great to replace the flavortext I got in the OP of the thread. I need one for pretty much every class.Protips also help.

I am gonna say that Playing the class a good deal is gonna be a requirement.

Lightbinder:

Press LMB until an Impulse charge appears, then Press 1. Rinse and repeat until you unlock something not useless.

Edit: Oh and press 3 every minute if you have the group DPS buff unlocked.

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 13, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Got to 4944 prestige, order rank 6, and within 258 green nodes of Necro unlock. I did this in a very inefficient way, but hell..not terrible for week 1. Can't wait for week 2 with all the limit resets tomorrow! Fleshing out Necro, and maybe starting towards Archer/Slayer. :P I really wish someone would make an atlas planner tool..would make efficient route planning so much easier.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

lewtt posted:

THE WEEKLY RESET JUST HAPPENED. It was 5am CET not PST. Hop on and start earning poo poo if you wish

Missing sleep for work so I can loving unlock Necromancer :black101:

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

There is an in game talent calculator. You access it through the Aelinet under the Game drop down menu. I know that isn't the same thing, but until the community comes up with one, it's the best we have.

Yeah talant calculator has nothing to do with atlas nodes :X

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Gerdalti posted:

So my pantheon chat is totally busted at the moment. I can't even see it to select it. If any leaders are online that could maybe kick me and re-add me to the pantheon (I'm in clan #9 I think) please do so.

In game as: Gerdalti Dagune

This is not exclusive to you we all have this happen.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Right now I am enjoying Necromancer. I have it at 5500~ prestige. I have considered getting Archer and Kinetic also, but all three of those are DPS classes. I am wondering for those of you who are high prestige right now is there a need for constant role switching? ie; DPS to tank, DPS to support.. that sort of thing? Or is this game 100% doable as nothing but DPS? Also is there any benefit to having multiple DPS classes? I assume just the class symbol?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Pros and cons of playing Necromancer:

Pros:
- You can't die easily, if at all

Cons:
- If your party is bad (most people), you can't die easily, if at all..which leaves you trying to solo bosses with piddly necro dps (compared to other dps classes) when your team inevitably stands in the fire.

This is fun as heck, but grouping with 2 other DPS and watching everyone, but yourself die is tiresome in 3 mans.

Moral of the story? Solo poo poo.

Since I like group play..I might have to consider a tank/support class for when I don't want to solo.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Login yesterday..

"Oh hey Pantheon chat is working finally!"

Login today..

"...aaaand it's gone."

Edit:

Are the queue times on group dungeons indicative of lower population, or that I'm too high prestige compared to most people? :( I am at 7.1k right now and going on 20 mins so far waiting for a Hespilon Temple group.

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 18, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Liberatore posted:

Everyone plays a DD class so if you're not a support or tank, queue times will take a while. If you are, then that's unusually long considering your prestige, which isn't that high. It is, however, higher than what is normally achievable to most people who started playing this week.

Ugh figures. I am not interested in Paladin, don't have Knight unlocked, and don't like playing a support that can't heal. Welp..time to netflix!

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I am still very lost in the atlas at 7.3k prestige. I am just unlocking the classes I want, and getting greatness/symbol nodes along the way that sound useful.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Ok how the gently caress do I earn credits at a reasonable rate to keep afloat? Between maxing out adepts/chapels/order stuff and upgrading weapon/offhand/ring slots I am flat broke. I bought and converted about 15k Argents in addition to the 10k I got from Founders, and I am still broke. Obviously I shouldn't have been stupid and spam leveled my adepts/order stuff, but right now I am at a point where if I want I can take a break from order for a bit..however I don't really understand how to make a decent amount of credits other than buying and converting Argents. :saddowns:

PLEASE HELP.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Ok but how do I avoid looting credits without avoiding class sparks and other loot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Whats the best way to farm sparks of mastery? Assuming I am not capped on normal sparks, that is.

• Locked thread