Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Krakatoah posted:

This looks like it could be a fun thing to try out, is it possible for me to get the client early somehow and should I really spend about £12 on that early access pack?

If you wanna play it's worth it because you'll have about a week's worth of progress on people who don't, and the poo poo you get from it is kinda cool, a bit of starting money and gear and a bunch of sparks. If you don't have a burning hole in your pocket it won't make too much of a difference either way, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

He said spergs, not pedophiles

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Your on my list.

Dragoongod Knightkings

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Please Be Something

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

This Game Sucks.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

This God Sucks

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Yes.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Since we get that preorder bonus, couldn't you just use those free spark replicators on the cryomancer atlas to get through it quicker?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

my current project is to make moon light blade accessible to people but hoooly poo poo wushu 3.0 is brutal

hey grithok I just hit 32 and finished that one person dungeon in that, couple questions:

my bag is full, is it okay to just vendor all the quest crap or is there something else to do with it?

I did a mission where I talked to a dude with a spear and then fought some dudes, then some more dudes, then I talked to another guy and beat his rear end for another quest, and then there was another guy who did the same thing, but when I beat his rear end I didn't get credit so I think he wants me to capture him or something?

on a scale of 1-HyC how much do you hate my questions right now?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Demicol posted:

If I buy the founder pack, do the beta keys allow someone to play in the early access on 9th?

No, the only people allowed in for EA on the 9th are people who own a founder's pack.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Need to fit a wool pun in there.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

What's the price of Argents right now? I might spend my afternoon just grinding credits so I can become the 1%

somehow they jumped back up to 160 per, from a low of like 40. I knew I should have bought a bunch of them last night.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Danith posted:

So maybe we should make a 2nd guild for the overflow..?

If you create a new guild, it'll be able to fit 5 people, including the guildmaster. You then need to spend resources in order to expand the size of the guild, and each new expansion needs its own officer to run it. It's an overly complicated obtuse system with an arbitrarily low number of slots, but just making another guild won't solve any issues.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Liberatore posted:

Yeah, I have it as well and agree. The Paladin basics are really bad and only there to combo into finishers. The constant 30% speed boost is awesome against a number of bosses, though.

Edit: Also, the other talent mentioned seems pretty good but if you're going straight for the ascension atlas and another class, it means skipping the threat generation talent which is highly important for any paladin, because even if you don't want to tank, when you queue for 5-mans you're going to be the only tank there.

you're going to get a lot of sparks of justice if you're playing as a paladin to unlock other stuff, you'll easily get way way way past that node with those before you unlock another class. Sitting on sparks of justice is also shooting yourself in the foot in your progression because it increases your prestige and higher prestige = more content unlocked. Anything you can do to get your prestige up will be better than basically anything else, including lower prestige armor with "perfect stats" or whatever the gently caress.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Demicol posted:

All the starting classes start on the same spot.

And even if you have another class unlocked via founders packs you start there. There is no way to get around starting in that spot on the atlas, and playing a gunner, berserker, knight, or alch will not change that. You don't get to start somewhere else by owning another class.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RottenK posted:

this is not a very balanced game isn't it

not even remotely

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

Honestly yeah. I get that the guild capacity stuff is dumb, but the only thing worse is being dumb and spergy enough to kick people for not logging in for one day. I'm gonna play this game because I enjoy it enough but gently caress that. I am not interested in an invite if this is what I can expect.

That's fine, as long as you understand that you're being the kid who doesn't understand why they can't have ice cream after they dump the entire carton on the floor.

Anoia posted:

I'm a literal cripple and can only play for an hour or so before it starts to get painful, so I'm just around 850 prestige. I get to 2050 eventually, then I'll make more of an effort to get an invite. Or you can toss me one out of pity. :shobon:

This is the best way to deal with the situation, i.e. understanding that drinkfist isn't doing it solely to be a dick and to just chill out and not angrypost about it.

Sucks to be a cripple, though. As in basically every single game bad games crew plays, you do not need to be in the pantheon to grab the mumble info and shoot the poo poo with us anyway. Not a whole lot is going on in guild chat, I think right now we're literally spelling the word "stupid" one letter at a time and can't find someone to finish it with a "d"

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Danith posted:

I can't seem to get an engineer follower. Should I just try the guild quest mission with 2 other dudes and only a 44-53% success?

If they're not max level make sure they are, then just get it as high as you can. Running all of your dudes through lots of missions will also get you a lot of prestige, so it's a good idea to do that anyway.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Also in a discussion on the official forums:

Hopefully enough people bitch about it and they change the caps or something. Even if it were 10 per clan or changing the time limit to 2 hours instead of 8. Anything would be an improvement over the existing system. I can't imagine some of the other large gaming communities are dealing with this any better. Although, they have much larger socks and a lot more poo with which to fill them, we just have constipation.

They probably have more problems than we do, for the most part people here hear about the way guilds work, go "wow that's lovely, oh well" and then just wait for us to have more spots opened up. There must be just absolute piles of people bitching up a storm for whatever reddit guild formed.

Doctor Schnabel posted:

yyyeah this bizarre guild invite grind isn't exactly filling me with confidence that the rest of the game won't be a miserable slog

This is a 100% fair opinion, it'll be good to see what the devs actually do.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

Not true. What this is about is a difference in opinion about what the greater good actually is.

This isn't opinion. You're not listening to us.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Liberatore posted:

I think most people complaining about the caps are upset that they can't unlock their preferred class in the first week, but not necessarily as a form of content gating. Either way, everyone here knows what happens with the typical MMOG: spergs sperg for a month, complain that there's no end-game content and promptly quit. Those are the same people complaining about capping out in two days, and let's face it, there's no pleasing them.

With that said, I dislike the credit cap. But from what I've read, it increases significantly at higher prestige, so I'm not too worried about it.

I've only noticed those when playing ranged. Something to do with the speed buff, I'm guessing.

The only thing I hope doesn't actually happen is you can cap in like 2 hours as you go on because the caps are just really arbitrarily low. Like, if they just keep the cap at the 10 hours or so to cap mark it's at right now it'll be good, 8-10 hours a week is pretty reasonable to me, especially since the cap rolls over to the next week too. If you wanna sperg past that then you can buy all the costumes and poo poo that no one else cares about sooner.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RottenK posted:

I did a few of those missions and it sucked. Have fun going through the dungeon with no weapons, player :/

The biggest problem with playing a new class is not knowing what the gently caress is going on and dying to the first trash pack a couple of times to figure it out. I thought archer sucked poo poo until arrow swapping clicked and then I just burned thais temple to the ground. Having a weapon doesn't fix this very much, since your weapon doesn't give you a weapon damage range like in a traditional rpg sense. It just gives you a pile of might, which you can make up with might nodes on the atlas and might rings/amulets.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

Real progression is acquiring snazzy looking weapons, gear, and outfits.

You've found weapons with unique models?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I wish they had different skins for the weapons.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Unguided posted:

The next upgrade has stalled because the voting system is loving terrible. Maybe we should just start a second pantheon because it takes forever to wait for all the clan leaders to get on and vote for poo poo.

You know what? gently caress it, sure. Go make another guild. Have fun. Apparently it's not believable that this actually is the best way to do it, so gently caress it. Go forth and find out for yourselves. We'll wait.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Unguided posted:

You sure are angry about a video game.

Not the video game, just spergs who refuse to do poo poo for themselves. Now I understand more fully why grithok and drinkfist get so angry at goons.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

WarLocke posted:

People getting really salty (and not understanding, apparently) about caps

"I'm an average player"

"5.5k prestige berserker"

"capped in 2 days"

:crossarms:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Oh loving sweet, now I get to have this fight in another thread with exactly the same people. It's like christmas.

:coffeepal:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Did their last argument boil down to they have no friends or no nice friends and can't deal with them knowing their dps?

The argument actually boils down to "the community is poo poo" and how lovely you think it is. If you don't like having dps meters built into the game you think the community of every mmo is loving awful, and if you like having them built in it's because you live in your own aspie's bubble and never interact with other people.

It has nothing to do with whether you want to be good or poo poo at the game.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Post your ig name or get on CTS mumble and find the skyforge channel, it's way down toward the bottom.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

I can't speak for the other thread that you're talking about but the argument in this thread has already discussed more than that.

They've brought up a bunch of tangential and unimportant poo poo. The core of the argument is about lovely communities.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Pesterchum posted:

If you're playing the game for the ~*~community~*~ and you think DPS meters are going to something transform them one way or another you're deluding yourself. They're already garbage, the only difference is now you'll have time to think in advance all those snappy comebacks you'll have when they point out you're playing like garbage. Which they already do without meters, so get over it.

I've actually never been told that I'm playing like garbage, but thanks for assuming.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

What the hell.
My latency goes to 5000 MS for a little while each mission now.

I had to stop awhile ago, my latency went up to like 100000000 and then back down to normal and back up. Server's doin weird poo poo.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Pesterchum posted:

Maybe you're hitting the DPS meter threshold then, good job

And there you go on continuing to assume.

:munch:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Dosvidanya posted:

Paladin symbol can make it rough to use the knight invulnerable aoe reflect channel because it can proc during it and cause you to take 0 damage throughout it so the explosion at the end does nothing :(

#firsttankproblems

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RottenK posted:

but people who just got to prestige 2050 won't be able to start helping building poo poo

even if they luck out into starting with two engineers, they'd still have to train them to get a good success chance

Fails still work for partial credit, and the guild's big enough that we don't need 100% spergs anymore, just people actively still playing the game past 2k prestige. Probably in one more hall or so we'll have enough slots for almost everyone, if not everyone.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

i've spent a good portion of today playing this game and it seems kinda neat but wow it sucks at explaining itself its five thousand different types of currency. i feel like 90% of this stuff doesn't need to be as complex as it is. i'm also a little curious how big the grind is gonna be, i'd like to get to berserker because it seemed totally my poo poo during the training and i'm not really loving paladin but it looks like its a million miles away on the sphere grid.

I think the ballpark estimate for getting to berserker is going to be about 3 weekly caps worth of sparks. Picking another class from slayer, archer, necromancer, and kinetic is a little more feasible, and I think even monk is closer than berserker, but I'm not 100% sure.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Pesterchum posted:

Glad you pointed that out, I was going to head towards monk after the next class and hitting a dead end would have sucked.

On the other hand, necromancer is the master class and is worth getting, and it's actually pretty close to archer too, so I'd imagine it's just a longer path to get to berserker but still relatively quick with lots of class unlocks along the way.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Pesterchum posted:

Yeah, necromancer is on the way to monk so I'll definitely be messing with it on my way to monk dancing. I may or may not be too stupid to figure it out though, it didn't click for me in the tutorial part.

The big thing is planning your death, it's a weird mentality but once you get used to planning spending all of your health on summoning poo poo and dying then getting it all back in lich form it'll kind of click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Obscurity posted:

Pros and cons of playing Necromancer:

Pros:
- You can't die easily, if at all

Cons:
- If your party is bad (most people), you can't die easily, if at all..which leaves you trying to solo bosses with piddly necro dps (compared to other dps classes) when your team inevitably stands in the fire.

This is fun as heck, but grouping with 2 other DPS and watching everyone, but yourself die is tiresome in 3 mans.

Moral of the story? Solo poo poo.

Since I like group play..I might have to consider a tank/support class for when I don't want to solo.

If you're the last one alive and you can't kill the boss within a minute or two you should just let yourself die, tbh.

Necro can bring the utility of providing meatwalls and eating damage for other players that other dps can't, though, which is where you can shine in group play. They probably should do more damage than they do now, though.

• Locked thread