Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
this game is pretty fun as a vindictus refugee
i mean nexon refugee
i mean emotional abuse refugee

honestly this game is truly about how you can be a berserker god clad in a radical viking helmet and only designer skivvies, whilst wielding a chainsword that chucks out red enemy medical goo by the gallons. when you come back to town you send your minions out on WoW garrison/neverwinter style missions to build churches worshipping you and your designer skivvies, until you get bored of them and turn them all into door to door hopping jehova's witnesses. there's a story or something but it's kinda hard to take seriously with every character having jiggletits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

FoolishLobster posted:

One thing I keep reading, if you want to participate in some high-end PvE content, that getting the Paladin symbol is a must because it's super strong.

Also, apparently you can't progress through the Upper Atlas through an unlocked class from the Early Access or Collector's Edition class unlocks. You must progress from one of the three starting classes, then make your way over to the unlocked classes to get the nodes around there. Please berate me if I'm wrong, I only played the starter classes.

it was true in the last closed beta
despite having zerker access i had to start at the ascension atlas from paladin/lightbringer/cryo

I did mess around a bit as archer. Was more fun than I thought it would be, seeing as how gunner usually trumps archer in every game that both of them are in. Your right click swaps between normal/lightning/fire arrows, and the length that you charge your attacks with left click determines if it's a single target or aoe attack. The rest of your abilities are pretty much traps or shooting an ungodly amount of arrows, while your execute is literally a 360 noscope

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

blueberrysmith posted:

Is Lightbinder the fastest route to Warlock? I want all the crows.

Right now all three basic classes will go the same distance to unlock any other class, because they start in the roughly the same spot with the same cost to get to wherever. It just depends on if your favorite color is blue red or green

I messed around with the monk and warlock in the trainer, which was an old build but still fairly accurate for the playstyle

Witchlock of War is all damage over times, debuffs, and aoe bird explosions based on said dots and debuffs. Good overall dps, pretty low burst dps. You also get a broomwand and can pretend to be harry potter.

Monk swaps modes between Earth, Wind, and Fire. Earth didn't do much in terms of damage but did knock stuff around. Wind had some pretty silly mobility and good single target damage. Fire was mostly poledancing and everything around you getting really hot, sweaty, and hurty.

Something else of note: You can wear whatever class/helmet combo you want and can unlock it from the start if you just run through that classes trainer. If you wanna be a kinetic wearing a zerker's gladiator outfit and a witchlock hat, no issue. Or just wear a viking helm and a bathing suit on everything like me.

lewtt fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 6, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
It's really hard to gently caress up your build, because the three different sparks (that you earn separately) are for different sets of stats, all stats are more or less used for every class, and there is no penalty for learning the stat nodes along a different route. Your position in the ascension isn't absolute and you can learn any node that connects to any node you've already learned. The only thing you should sort-of avoid if you are exclusively PVEing is stamina for dps/support. Every other stat will be used for every class because they're all dps, and your stat progress will mostly be set by whatever spark you have excess of, unless you really don't care about unlocking classes.

Here's their chart:

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Stormgale posted:

How easy is it to rejig my order?

You build a church in a zone (permanent stat buff), and then you build a chapel in the zone to provide the secondary stat buffs. The item to build a new chapel/church is a reward from a dungeon that you can get once every two days. Once you build two chapels I'm pretty certain you can swap between them whenever the gently caress you want. You just can't have more than one chapel active in a zone at a time.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Eonwe posted:

basically just advance along the grid, do a thing, and get the classes and skills you want is what im getting from all of that

and then you go back and unlock the rest of the skills/talents inside the class atlas if you want

In the bigger ascension atlas though, you don't really get skills, you just get stats and some passive abilities. After you unlock the class(es) you want, you'll probably spend the rest of your sparks traveling to the passive ability nodes. They range from "10% health shield for 3 seconds after dodging" to "summon 343 guilty spark sometimes". There are a lot of them.

Here is a video where a guy is really excited to explain absolutely nothing about the ascension atlas to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Mq2mvAyyM

lewtt fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 6, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Valatar posted:

A game where you get worshiped until you super saiyan out is tempting, but not if the combat's subpar. The footage from the earlier versions of the game had fairly crap animations where characters would be flailing around and monsters would barely flinch on occasion, then fall down dead. Did it ever get fixed to make combat animations react more to blows so you look like you're attacking something with more than pillows?

I don't know what video you watched, but the animations as of CBT4 and RU release are very fluid and pleasing. But no, most mobs don't really give a gently caress that you just chainsworded them in half, and will still keep laser zapping you until the dying hit.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Bashez posted:

I have two pretty simple questions.

How accurate is this? https://www.reddit.com/r/Skyforge/comments/3c9wxs/how_to_maximise_your_prestige_gain_within_the/

and what do I buy to play an Alchemist at the start or was that some sort of tease? None of the packs mention alchemist.

I don't think you can. You could/can on the russian versions, but you'd have to have a russian email address to do it. And even then it might only work for the Russian version.

Ignore the majority of that posted guide though. Rush to 2000 to get access to followers and churches and such, and to help GOD AWFUL get a headstart on our shenanigans. After that, play at your own pace.

If you zerg your prestige up you will have nobody to play with, because you can only do dungeons/pvp with people who are within 1000 prestige of you.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Drinkfist posted:

http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/skyforge-pre-obt-stress-test-now-live

To anyone unaware. There is currently a stress test going on right now. It lasts until Tomorrow.

Also we are getting really close to the big day. Start calling dibs on Division Commander you fucks. You must at least have some way for me to contact you outside of game in case you go loving AWOL. So basically have Something Awful PMs or friend me on Steam giving me your in game name. My Steam name is Drinkfist.

Division Commanders have the power to vote in the guild as well as will be in charge of drama bombs from your division. If you have friends that you want in your division you can make a whole loving guild of them within the guild. Keep in mind that day one we are only going to have a guild player cap of 12 and all of us in there are going to be bum rushing to P2000 to unlock the order and start building guild size expansions to get all you fucks in there.

Begin the clamor for power.

i swear myself in as a division commander of the god awful.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Keep in mind if you're still sub 2000 prestige you really haven't seen most of the game yet. Usually you have 6-8 abilities, and those abilities will have alternate versions that you won't see till you start maxing out your class atlas. The game was pretty boring for me doing Left Left Right combo as paladin until i unlocked another combo and the rest of my abilities.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Xae posted:

No, we aren't.

Now excuse me while I execute the same DPS rotation for the 50,000th time. This time on a new encounter with the gamchanging strat of "Do (not) stand in the Poon".

Sarcasm aside what unlockable classes are there for supports? It looks like only DPS classes are unlockable? Or am I missing something.

Alchemist gets a bit more supporty later on, but neither knight or alchemist are as good as the starter classes (paladin/lightbinder) at hard tank/supporting. They're more like weird hybrids. Knight spends a lot of time reflecting and has good damage resist, but suffers at flat tanking because he doesn't have poo poo for aggro generation. Didn't play alchemist much but just heard that it was more "boost your teams dps" from the people I asked. Most of the game however, you'll be running 1-3 mans, so pure roles really won't matter too much.

In CBT3 I played zerker most of the time, and then swapped to paladin to tank 5 man instances.

lewtt fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 8, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

BabyFur Denny posted:

Is the monk any good in this game?

I only played an older version in the trainer but his aoe fire poledance damage was pretty nuts for being spammable.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Bashez posted:

Why? I thought sparks were good or something.

I'm so confused about this game.

Spark replicators are their way of saying xp booster. It gives you extra sparks whenever you actually earn them.

blueberrysmith posted:

Is there any recommendations on "rushing" to 2k prestige? I should be on most of the day tomorrow. I assume you just "play the loving game" though and then it magically happens?

Rushing = Pick a short dungeon and do it a lot. And do the 2x/3x dungeons when they pop up. Prior to 2000 prestige, this will probably mean spamming factory 501 since you only have like 5 or so dungeons unlocked.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Xae posted:

So the entire Atlas of Ascension basically doesn't apply to tanks and supports, other than as a talent tree?

Why would they have 5+ unlockable classes for DPS but 0 for tanks and supports?

What? You still have to unlock alchemist/knight, and the entire atlas of dps nodes applies because you will still need to be dealing damage as tank/support. You'll never hold any aggro if you hit like a wet noodle. As a support, you still spend most of your time whacking the enemy, only swapping to toss out a shield/buff on teammates every now and then. And that's in 5 man dungeons. In 3 mans (most dungeons) you need to be pumping out damage. Not to mention you're going to need the passive abilities.

Don't lock down to one class. You need to be able to swap classes between fights in higher dungeons, like if you need more CC or dps or whatnot. In the first 5 man dungeon, we had a guy swap in and out of necromancer just so he could chain CC-fear a certain mob in a trash pull.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Another word of advice: SMAA isn't working correctly if youre fudging around with graphical settings. Stick to FXAA and sensible amounts of sharpening.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Dosvidanya posted:

Berserkers are far and away the best boss killers solo supposedly. I've only been playing since the stress test so I have no way to confirm outside of what I've read of other people's experiences though :)

That's my experience, but mostly because of the 140% damage reflect/50% damage mitigation channeled ability that additionally restores all your mana, accompanied by the "Restores 70% of all damage taken" buff that lasts just as long. Most of my strategies revolve around intentionally sitting in the fire/laser/acid/boss mechanic.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
This game handles large numbers and charts in an amazing manner

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Double Monocle posted:

If it makes you feel better, unlocking abilities for a class past the basic abilities use class specific sparks which drop from kills. You will still get normal sparks you can use too.

So in essence you can unlock more class stuff while also working towards your new class.

capping out your class (getting all the nodes in the class atlas) + having premium gets you sparks of evolution which you can use for any node in any class tree

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Don't use your free appearance change if you want to change for whatever reason. At the end of the 6k prestige or so questline, your final mission is to actually GET an appearance change that is separate from youre free one. Not joking. Basically you and marcus-man are scared shitless of that Ianna lady

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Roach Warehouse posted:

Do you get the ability to return to previous Regions at any point? I hate the idea of missing out on pretty-princessing, but I really don't want to grind out 1,500 mushrooms or whatever in one sitting.

yeah, hit the magnifier icon at the bottom right of the mission choosing screen and you can replay any zone

quote:

So how good are the founder weapons exactly? The only difference from a normal weapon is the might bonus but it seems like the damage bonus offsets that for quite a bit ontop of the bonus effects. Not to mention being isnt being low prestige is a good thing if it's matching you and balancing around the number which doesn't actually buff you directly.

they're extremely good at the start because of the rarity ability bonus. berserker founder weapon buffs your hardest hitting single target ability by 114%. The offhand weapon increases my primary AOE damage by 175% with an impulse charge. I still use them at 7.1k prestige, and probably will until I can get a blue/purple rarity with the same ability stat roll. You also get one for every class

lewtt fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jul 13, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
your hall of greatness gets a lot cooler as you prestige up. starts at bronze, then silver, then gold, then "gem encrusted" whatever that means. still lame that my statue isn't a robo-viking though

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

WarLocke posted:

She's standing near Flavius/the testing pod things in the research area.

You get one change (which can be both name and face/body/gender I think) free, then additional ones are something like 5,000 Argents each.

Someone posted earlier in the thread that apparently there's a quest at around 6k Prestige that either gives you a free makeover or requires you to do one for free (the phrasing wasn't the best so I'm not sure).

The quest line gives you a second free makeover, but you're forced to do it if you want to progress in the storyline. You'll likely hit 6k prestige next week if you haven't already, so using your "whenever" free makeover is likely a waste

quote:

So the hall of greatness never gets filled out with other players gods? That's a shame.

It did in the closed beta. I have no idea why it isn't doing it now

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

WarLocke posted:

I just broke 1600 this morning, so maybe not. :gay:

Is it supposed to be just random other characters, guild members, friends, what?

It was random for me in cbt

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
THE WEEKLY RESET JUST HAPPENED. It was 5am CET not PST. Hop on and start earning poo poo if you wish

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Finished Zerker tree and got the symbol and new outfit:

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

quote:

5:57am PDT (2:57pm CEST) - Open Beta preparation maintenance has been extended by one hour to address some last minute server issues. We now expect to have the servers online at 7:00am PDT (4:00pm CEST).

Hour delay for bringing the servers up for OBT? BOTCHED LAUNCH

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Kessel posted:

Is there no way to turn off double-tap dodge? Not even in a config file of some sort?

Not that I could find. I mentioned in mumble about the hidden keybinds, like how holding shift and r opened up my progress menu for some reason, which makes my usual binding of R to an ability obnoxious

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

RottenK posted:

what's the point of prestige minmaxing that some people do

congrats you artificially pumped your prestige up and can now participate in content where your character is weak and will drag the group down good job retards

or at least that's how it looks to me

am i misunderstanding something?

you can't really "artificially" pump up your prestige, since the only way to get more prestige is to have higher stats

the only issue I've had with inflated prestige is longer queue times and the inability to equip some of the gear designed for my prestige level, which really isn't a big deal considering actual higher-proficiency items do nothing but provide meager stat bonuses. Next week my proficiency will probably match my prestige anyway

on the plus side, I got in early on symbols of immortality, champions seals, amulet slots, and a headstart on the grindy-as-gently caress trophies in week 1. I was also (still am) able hop in to help lowbie groups with a superboosted berserker

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

RottenK posted:

i think some people minmaxed prestige by focusing on grabbing greatness nodes in the most point effecient way to the detriment of grabbing perks and stats that are best for their class

and also always equipping gear that's the highest prestige even if the effects on it suck balls

that sounds like that'd significantly weaken a character but maybe i'm wrong

you get greatness nodes so you can get big prestige from the might and stamina bonuses on your temples, which are both used for every single class. the alternative to greatness stacking was running down a path to unlock a different class, which was pretty obviously preferable if you wanted another class. If you didn't at the time (like me), then there wasn't really a penalty to minmaxing prestige.

most perks n stuff are class spark specific, so there's not really a way to minmax that so you might as well just get what is good. The route I took for greatness nodes got me the passive ability nodes in the big AA that I wanted anyway (ultimate strength, lucky shot, and maximum recoil)

as for gear use, i keep the highest prestige gear I have in my inventory but i equip the poo poo that is better, ie founder's gear. The only time I ever put on the high prestige gear is when I need to hit another prestige breakpoint

in the end though, it's just picking which content you want to see and farm up earlier: currencies or classes. everyone who hits their weekly caps will get both sooner or later

lewtt fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jul 17, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Obscurity posted:

Pros and cons of playing Necromancer:

Pros:
- You can't die easily, if at all

Cons:
- If your party is bad (most people), you can't die easily, if at all..which leaves you trying to solo bosses with piddly necro dps (compared to other dps classes) when your team inevitably stands in the fire.

This is fun as heck, but grouping with 2 other DPS and watching everyone, but yourself die is tiresome in 3 mans.

Moral of the story? Solo poo poo.

Since I like group play..I might have to consider a tank/support class for when I don't want to solo.

Grouping in this game:

health bars go up
coordination goes down

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Lemon King posted:

Took a dive in the memory in Skyforge and found an unreleased class named Pirate. It looks like a stance based class which uses a Sword and a Pistol. :yarr:
Also has an ability named Sky Captain! :black101:

e:
Pirate energy resource is named Balence

yep, that's the next class to be released

the others that the russians know about are:

Druid, Runemaster, Survivalist, Primalist, Engineer

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
If you guys thought the open world zones sucked, you were right. They did. Then I hit the demon robot ruins (Eskenian Peninsula) and all was forgiven.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Clairetic posted:

Berserker promo: how the heck does this resource work. It seems to rest at 250/500 and generate very slowly even when left clicking. Cooldowns don't consume it but any of the right click skills take like half the bar, as does whirlwind which seems to be the only way to clear groups of the mass minions. Flash of Rage is cool but the range is too short to use it against a big group and the cast time is enough for them to kill you.

The fastest way to kill bosses seems to be to forego clicking entirely and just use the damage boost + chainsaw move (3) whenever they're off cooldown and spend the rest of the time running around because rooting yourself is suicide 90% of the time in this game. The ultimate has a short cooldown though and it feels very 'berserk' so that's cool I guess.

Overall: felt a lot of getting enemies down to 10% in 2 seconds and then struggling to whittle off the last 10%. Maybe the promo was missing a key skill that makes the class playable, or maybe the class is just better at clearing lower-difficulty content faster rather than facing things rated Impossible. First impressions paled in comparison to reaper slayer.

It generates slowly on normal hits, but you'll get a lot more when you finish your left click combo attack. You also can get some by taking damage.

First off, make sure your right click debuff is always on whatever you're attacking. It's 30% of your damage. Assuming it is up, your priority is usually to Crushing Blow (left click combo) and use Crippling Blow and Firestorm on CD, until your mana is close to full. Pop Thrill of Battle, then get as many Fractures (left, left, left, right) off as you can, while still using Crippling Blow and Firestorm (Not whirlwind) on CD

You can dash-cancel to speed up your recovery from Crushing Blow and Fracture.

Battle Frenzy restores 70% of any damage you take for 5 or so seconds, so it's really great for when you need to stand in the fire to hit the boss

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Two people are holding up the voting for the next construction. If you're a commander get the gently caress on please and vote "no" so we can vote for an HQ instead

i think it's fetish and stormgale

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
I have unlocked berzerker wisp form

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Melanion posted:

Huh. So there's no way to delete your character and start over? I get that you can change all your character details at the stylist but that still seems like an odd choice. What if you end up crazy leveled and have friends join at zero? Are you just hosed for being able to play with them?

you can play with anyone, you just dont get rewards for lowbie stuff. Have the lowest person in the group join an instance as solo and you'll be able to help them.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Berserker Writeup:
Berserker is the standard tanky melee dps in every game. He spins to wins, he leaps back and forth, he stuns, he swords, etc etc. The animations are particularly brutal, though the enemies don't seem to recoil much from the gallons of blood they are losing. Since Zerkers are a melee class, Trauma damage (AOES) deal half damage to us.

:siren:POST PATCH UPDATE:siren:: Animation canceling is MOSTLY gone now, which means you can only get two fractures in the Thirst for Battle duration. Uncontrollable Rage is a very fair option now. I'd consider it better for soloing, whereas Thirst for Battle is still better for group content where you can pop it for firestorm

Zerk 101: ALWAYS have your Destructive Strike debuff up. Tap or hold down right click and you will launch a shockwave at the opponent making it take 30% more damage from your attacks. This needs to be up at all times.

Primary Attacks

Against solo opponents to generate rage, your bread and butter is Left, Left, Left, Left (Crushing Blow, left icon).
To do BIG DAMAGES to a SINGLE target, use Left, Left, Left , Right (Fracture, right Icon).

To knockdown, use Left, Right (Fast Attack). Be wary it can only be used every 44 seconds, and has a small rage cost.

To hit multiple targets and generate a little bit of rage, use Left, Left, Right (Dissection). This is your last resort move when Whirlwind, Tectonic/Flash of Rage, and Leap are down.

Ability 1: Firestorm or Tornado
Hands down, Firestorm right now. Firestorm is simply a damage buff to your whirlwind. Always get the talent for it. Firestorm costs no rage when it is up (meaning you can toss it in your rotation for single targets), and whirlwind by itself is usually better than tornado. Tornado does not pull targets in, and the vortex it shoots out is difficult to aim, much less manage to get 3 opponents lined up. Tornado + talents, 3 enemies in circle and lined up with vortex will still only do 2/3 of Firestorm's damage. In a fight where you are constantly aoeing, it might be worth it, but keep in mind tornado takes all upfront rage cost, as opposed to whirlwind's channel duration.

Ability 2: Furious Leap or Wild Leap
Wild Leap for pvp and pve. Being able to get out of cc is extremely important in pvp, and despite not showing on the tooltip, Wild Leap does stun your target.

Ability 3: Tectonic Blast or Flash of Rage
Flash of Rage. A quick tap of whirlwind to pull targets in then a charged flash of rage will do the same thing as Firestorm, only faster. Tectonic Blast simply doesn't deal enough damage to warrant using, unless you're facing content where you can't 2-3 shot minions. Be wary of Flash of Rage's nasty cooldown and rage requirements, though.

Ability 4: Battle Frenzy or Thundering Roar
Battle Frenzy is fundamental to surviving as a Berserker. It's even got three talents for it. I wouldn't recommend using Thundering Roar unless you need a lot of CC in a group dungeon or some weird pvp build.
Pop Battle Frenzy often. I usually pop it right at the start of a fight and any time thereafter where there's an increase in damage or I have to hold out for a while. Or the wombo combo with the next ability:

Ability 5: Thirst for Battle or Uncontrollable Rage
Most of the time, you will be using Thirst for Battle, but you can do some seriously crazy poo poo with Uncontrollable Rage, because of the talent for it. 140% Reflect can literally one shot certain boss attacks. Being able to Restore all your rage while still being protected AND dealing damage is great, but it is still a very situational ability. Thirst for Battle can't be beat for general play. Pop Thirst of battle on cooldown, prioritizing Fracture and Crippling Blow while it's up. When it's down, build rage with Crushing Throw. Thirst for Battle + Firestorm/Flash of Rage will easily decimate any mobs around you.

Gladiator
Mediocre ability, but short 2 minute cooldown and damage bonus isn't that bad. Both left and right click do the same thing: Swordsaw the guy in half.If the enemy is out of range, you jump to him. No cooldown on the jump. Very good for clearing out a couple mobs very quickly, or a lot of minions if you get the talent for it (Increases duration by 1.5 Secs on a kill). Just remember to have your buffs up and your mob debuffs up before popping it, because you can't use anything except basic attack while in gladiator stance.

Talents:
There's a lot of room for playstyle here. The vital ones, however, are:

Gear:
Always try to use a weapon with the Fracture modifier. The best modifier for your secondary is Impulse Whirlwind.

For amulets, go for four slots of crushing blow:

For rings, go for Strength/Luck/Crit/Accuracy:

For symbols, Get Ultimate Strength, Maximum Recoil, and Lacerated Wounds as priority.

lewtt fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 12, 2015

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

blueberrysmith posted:

I got a key from this, but where the hell do you actually apply this key?

http://sf.my.com/us/user

Redeem a Promo Code

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Anniversary posted:

Truest post here I imagine.

I guess I'll have to read more on how they each play before rushing one. Is there a particular starting class I'll need to choose? I'm not very interested in any of them yet but usually like tanking so the paladin would probably be my most likely choice.

you get all three, it doesn't matter

if you're quick about it you could probably get necro in 12 or so hours played, seeing as how I saw a guy get slayer with 10 hours played. but that would involve spamming dungeons and not really doing the quests or open zones if that's important to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Khako posted:

Has anyone seen Yokaii's newest post? The might/str comparison. Wondering if what he's saying is correct?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Skyforge/comments/3eg4fs/my_guide_might_be_substantially_wrong/w

i don't think anyone but the russians could tell you if all the formulas are spot on, and even then I'm not sure if they could round it right

Take yokaii's guide as a grain of salt. stacking your ring slot for secondary stat bonuses actually increases your prestige more than just upgrading your weapon for might, so the "dps benefit" isn't really as potent. getting ether core slots off the bat is dumb because the argent cost for upgrading all three of them as soon as possible will quickly outpace however much money you will be willing to pump into this game. and focusing on staying as low prestige as possible is the quickest way to quit the game because it's your 50th port loving naori run and you aren't unlocking anything else.

the only way you can really stack strength over might is by focusing on those nodes on the atlas, which usually isn't an option if you're going for another class or passive ability (which you should). The atlas rarely give you more than one or two possible routes to take to your destination, and even then, you'll likely wind up getting spirit and valor alongside strength (since they're all blue nodes), which are much more class specific than flat might (spirit is a support-preferred stat and does piddly poo poo for a number of dps classes. valor usually sucks in general).

blue nodes also don't give you proficiency, which is required to equip better gear. if you avoid red/green nodes you will quickly be unable to equip gear equal to the content you do, much like the effect from stacking temples

tldr: seriously just right click a node in the atlas and follow it. don't number crunch your poo poo in this game unless you get a really big boner doing it. you can't gently caress yourself over in the long run

lewtt fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 24, 2015

• Locked thread