Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Someone really needs to do a better newbie guide in the OP. Something like MAX PALADIN FIRST and SELL ALL ETHER CORES THEY ARE REVAMPING THE SYSTEM LATER, and finally TO GET MORE SPARKS JUST PLAY THE GAME IT GETS SUPER EASY TO HIT THE CAP AFTER YOUR SECOND WEEK.

Also don't ever play cryomancer except to get the 200 kills for the quest, it's the worst class and I wasted so much on it, and it's symbol is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
I like how they reset your spark cap and then immediately take down the servers for maintenance every week, wouldn't want to reverse the order of that maybe? I would stay up and play but oh you can't...

And thanks for running qqq for my tablet and rings, got em both before the server went offline!

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

I hated gw2 and uninstalled really fast, and I quit playing diablo 3 because the patch changes and new items are so glacially implemented (plus no customer service). This game is pretty fun and I don't usually like this kind of game, but I missed out on PSO2 and now I feel like I have a chance to play it, although I wish we had something like mags to feed and help us, since running solo is kind of meh, and I don't like the fact that the equipment system is lovely.

I really wish there was a way to appoint your highest rated agent as some kind of follower you could bring into battle or something, they really missed out on making the agents into actual pets with their own equipment systems and stuff.

Washout fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Sep 5, 2015

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

The only big concern right now is that it might legit switch to a pay to win mode with the way events work, so hopefully they revamp them before bringing them to NA.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

I super had to spend them on more backpack spots because of trophies, but I'll be saving all my credits from now on, how much do you need for the top tier rewards are they a million?

Edit: how many credits does $200 of argents get you? Because I think that's what it takes to get to 1000 points in one of those events.

These two "events" were not even events at all, they are just daily missions that you have to accelerate and poo poo to stand a prayer of getting enough points, since most of the time you only get 1 point per mission.

edit2: $200 of argents is almost 30 million credits if I did my math right, and I would quit instantly if they implemented something that blatantly pay to win. I think it would kill the game almost immediately. Someone on Reddit said they did the whole event without accelerating and not having any credits banked and he got a grand total of 14 points, keep in mind that in law and order you need 200 points for the first double chapel, and then 900 for the second, and in Grand Prix you need 150 for the free second ability set and then 750 for a third and forth that you have to pay for, and then 1000 for the fastest mount in the game to date.

Edit3: Never mind about saving up credits even, the mission on RU could only be accelerated by spending argents, not credits, at best needing 10k for 150 points or 15k for the 200 point one.

Washout fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 5, 2015

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Kessel posted:

I would genuinely be surprised if the events landed with any significant changes to their mechanics. But I'm a cynic.

Based on a few posts I've read it costs 100 argents to accelerate the mission each time, and then 7500 credits to refresh the queue so you can do it again, so 200 points cuts directly to needing to buy 20k argents and also already having 1.5 million credits banked, otherwise you need to buy another 10000 argents for that too. And all that is just to get the first good basic reward of each event, $30 bucks x3 or x4 of that to get the good secondary rewards

Washout fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 5, 2015

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Washout posted:

Based on a few posts I've read it costs 100 argents to accelerate the mission each time, and then 7500 credits to refresh the queue so you can do it again, so 200 points cuts directly to needing to buy 20k argents and also already having 1.5 million credits banked, otherwise you need to buy another 10000 argents for that too. And all that is just to get the first good basic reward of each event, $30 bucks x3 or x4 of that to get the good secondary rewards

I just found out that this is even more of a blatant cash grab than I thought, you also need race tickets for each time you run the race, and they are 2 argents each or 200 credits, except you need 30 tickets each time! So in total you need at least 2 million credits and 18,000 argents for 150 points in the event. Also acceleration of the race is 120 argents each time, and it does not decrease with time like missions do either, so you can't even save yourself some argents by say waiting 2 hours each time before accelerating or something.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

RottenK posted:

I'll wait for the events to arrive to this version of the game and if they're as lovely as they were here in motherland then i'll probably just quit the game.

I'm pretty sure the majority of goons would feel the same way.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Schubalts posted:

That is exactly how the events are. You needed so many points to get the good rewards that it was literally impossible to get them all without using Argents. The missions take 8 hours, cost a unique resource, can only be sped up with Argents, and will give you only a single point unless you get extremely lucky.

But even with tons of Argents, people couldn't get the points for everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzJGh4HrWlM Guy spent 42k Argents on the event and he didn't even get the second-to--last reward. Unless they change the events dramatically, don't even bother unless you're willing to whale out.

They'd make more money just putting this stuff directly in the cash shop, especially the cosmetic rewards.

How these events are run infuriates me, this is not an event at all, this is you clicking a button 100 times after spending a bunch for argents, why don't they just sell all this poo poo in the cash shop straight up.

Washout fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Sep 6, 2015

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Kessel posted:

How much could they reasonably change about the mechanics of the event, really?

US side certainly isn't going to write new code. They'll just localise it and call it a day. The most you might see are numerical tweaks.

I hear rumors that they made it "easier" somehow, what that mechanic is though no one knows.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

goldjas posted:

I don't mind promo adventures and generally do them whenever I can because they give double rewards. I don't really understand how the catch up mechanic will work with them though, just give really really huge rewards that don't count towards the weekly cap if you haven't been playing since week 1 until you've gotten rewards from them that make up the difference?

They are not linked in any way. You do another special mission once a week, similar to how a tablet mission shows up or whatever, and it gives you a huge cap bonus, like 20k or 40k sparks added to your cap.

some dude posted:

Now players who fall behind in their progress, will get increased weekly limits in Sparks of Mastery, Class Sparks, and Colored Sparks, by completing special weekly promo-adventures. This adventures will start to appear on global map for those who reached 1357 Prestige. After 36087 Prestige mark there will be additional promo-adventures to increase weekly limits of Tactical sense. Be advised - this is a different kind of adventures.

The more you fall back - the bigger increase in weekly limits you will get. By this way Class Sparks will be increased by same steps - by 1890, and Colored Sparks limit will be increased by some complicated formula (undisclosed). SO in the first weeks player will be able to get 3000, 7000 and 10000 Colored Sparks. After that he will get few weeks to speed up his advancement (20000, 40000, e t.c.), up to the finish line, when he will get only small increments of weekly limits. Last gaps in limits difference is longest to get, but is a small gap, that should not hinder your cooperative gameplay with friends at the top pantheons.

Additionally, there wiil be changes in how Spark Replicators works. If your Colored Sparks limit is higher than 30000, and Class Sparks higher than 5670, then bonus from Spark Replicators will be bigger. The more unspent limits you have - the better Spark Replicator will work for you. By the means provided by this system, player who did played Skyforge for a while will be able to catch up with his friends as well.

Washout fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 12, 2015

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Kessel posted:

So it ups your cap, but you still have to grind out all those sparks? RIP

Just grind 30,000 spark replicators in advance!

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Kurieg posted:

Yeah what? No, Grinding out class sparks is already the most ridiculous thing ever. Them only upping the cap for you but still requiring you to do the same drat thing over and over and over and over and over again? gently caress no.

It's only poo poo if you do it the lovely way, it was boring and pointless to just run one boss over and over solo. Just run whole dungeons, there are a few that I can already do under 5 minutes for the whole thing as a 15k kinetic.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Kurieg posted:

Yes but the point is that increasing the cap without increasing the rewards is not the way you help new players. That's still punishing them for not having bought the game at the start. You need to do both. And spark replicators don't count because the only reliable way to get them without grinding out zones is to buy them from the shop.

But grinding out zones help you get more sparks to get to your cap faster, idk, I'm just not sympathetic to the problem because I cap out so fast. When the patch goes in I'm going to hit 30k really quick.

Washout fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 12, 2015

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

RottenK posted:

stop defending the blatant attempt to make people buy replicators

these are the people who made allods ffs there's a 0% chance that this is not their motivation

I had not thought of that at all, but you are right. The system was probably designed this way in the first place, so that later players have to buy replicators to get to 150k easily down the line...

edit:

Allods Wiki Entry posted:

Cash shop prices were also permanently lowered a few weeks prior for a large number of items

Oh man there is a well known phenomenon when if you first introduce something as super expensive and then quickly lower the price it attracts a lot more business, these guys are definitely doing all this on purpose. They did the exact same thing in this game already with the special events, making them super expensive at first on purpose.

Washout fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 13, 2015

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Morglon posted:

Honestly it's always better to go premium instead of buying replicators but it's still a dick move.

Premium AND replicators!!

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

This thread has been super negative about the game lately and I don't see why, it's really not pay to win and there is a great balancing patch coming on the 16th, the game is really fun and normally I hate grindy games but in this the grind is just not tedious because there are always other things to do.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Reicere posted:

It may be simply impossible to explain the the feeling of grindyness when there are players who reliably cap during the gaps between rollover and maintenance. I had played since early launch and capped(insight only) each week with a day or two to spare, and when I saw that my cap was going to be 20k a couple weeks ago I just closed out and haven't touched it since. I just can't be arsed to dump that much time into playing catch up... and its going to be even worse for new players using the actual catch up system.

Disclaimer: I'm bad at games... all games, and in every way.

It gets easier and easier to cap the more you play, when you get to the point you can reliably do 5 mans you can just wait for 3x on them and easily pull in 3000 at a time. Maybe you split up your class sparks too much and don't have enough symbols unlocked? When I finally started getting some symbols and my temples all up to level 9 it's super easy to cap and solo now...

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Ok guys what is going on with the guild? Is it dead or are there still a lot of construction resources coming in and it's just dead until the patch and people are going to start playing again then? I haven't seen drinkfist posting or playing much.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

I think once the catch up mechanic is in place most of the complaints that newbies have will go away, and if you want it will be pretty easy to get to high prestige. Ofc maybe the cap does not increase class sparks too or something dumb, but we find out in two days I guess.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

RottenK posted:

if the catch up mechanic only raises the cap but doesn't increase the amount of sparks gained then it won't do poo poo

When you are a super lowbie in the first two weeks, then yeah maybe not, but when you figure out that you can blow through a typical dungeon with 3-4 bosses in 6-10 minutes once you max your first class then it becomes super easy to cap and catch up!

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Stanley Pain posted:

If you wanted a bland, uninspired Tera clone without the lolicon this game is for you. Tera's combat is stll significantly better though.

That's the only thing terra does better though, the entire rest of the game was poo poo iirc. This game is a heck of a lot of fun and the combat is fun too, the bosses all have fun gimmicks and as I get to the different dungeons I see more and more different mechanics. I don't know why people don't compare it more to phantasy star or diablo 3, this game is at least as good as D3. It's got more bosses and better combat and gameplay mechanics than D3 does.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Stanley Pain posted:

Not really. This game's combat pales in comparison to Tera or even D3 both from a mechanical and tactile feel perspective. That 15 minute video that was posted pretty much seals it ;).

Tera's combat was great in that you could kind forget about the "actual game" and go play monster hunter, or gank people, etc. Is there a class that can solo a 5 man dungeon in Skyforge?

I'd say the dungeons between the two games are pretty similar, but again Tera wins out on variation. Like I alluded to before, this isn't a bad game per say, it's just that it's very shallow and repetitive.

Agree to disagree I suppose.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Joust posted:

Looks like the cubeworld invasion starts tomorrow.

I'm still not god form yet, but at least I'll be capable of doing the invasion missions for my order for this one.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

All mmorpgs end up like that though, you get to raiding and then you run raids over and over and over, except in this game every dungeon is a raid and the big raids get even bigger.

The only thing I really dislike about this game is the loot. I wish they had an elaborate loot system of some kind instead of this mechanically simplistic prestige linked monstrosity.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

I don't understand the complaints, if you want to get the good bonus, then you can easily do it FTP by saving credits for two weeks and buying argents with credits if you have to, but you will easily make it to the 150 bonus. Everything else is vanity items, and after the event is over all the poo poo will be for sale in the cash shop.

Also to get the race car is as little as 20 as long as you don't get massively unlucky.

I really like the ketchup system, I'm going to be getting a new class symbol every two weeks easily now.

And finally something everyone forgot to mention YOU GET 20% MORE SPARKS FOR DOING MECHANOID DUNGEONS, because of the invasion. So it's even faster spark gen for people who have trouble getting the cap.

This entire fiasco seems more like a complete failure by the devs to actually explain the reason for the special events, which it looks like the main purpose is to introduce new cash shop items and give you a chance to get them early, and also to make it more palatable they give you a few game play changes.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Joust posted:

You have to hit a threshold of mechanoid tokens to get another batch of mechanoid sparks. The tokens are displayed in the valuables tab under 'Knowledge of invasions' but if you complete a mechanoid dungeon it doesn't actually tell you how many you got. Then to know the number of the next threshold you have to click the invasion event on the world map.

If you S rank a normal dungeon it seems to be around 2700? But the invasion missions themselves probably give way more than that.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

Don't loving call me out when you look at the board and see 4 players in the guild online like I was supposed to kick in all your loving doors and glue your asses to the game. Everything at god form requires 3+ mans and I can't do poo poo until we have more gods.

I was mainly wondering what happened to everyone, seriously it was like one week people are running 5 mans nightly and the next week there are only ever 2-3 people on at a time. There are some people back now to check out the patch at least. Maybe with the patch making it so much easier now with the +40% pvp rewards and 20% for mechanoid dungeons people will come back, it's easier to hit the cap now and there is more of it to get.

edit: 35% on 5 mans is the new group bonus too.

Washout fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Sep 18, 2015

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Have you been logging in every week? The cap limit does not accrue automatically... I'm sorry if you lost it. :/

the first thing I did when I started playing was inquire about trying to buy an account created on release day or something so that it would have all those sparks available, but nope...

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

So the skinner box race events shits out points at about a rate of 10pp per 100k credits spent if you are buying argents with credits.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

it can be 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, or 50 points and it's super random but most of the time only gives 1.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Does the follower you send influence it in any way or can I just send whoever is left after missions?

it has no bearing on the results who you send.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

PriNGLeS posted:

So I unlocked knight and have just about mastered it, and have kinetic unlocked since it was right there. I have no idea what I should shoot for next. Berserker? Alchemist? They both seem cool and fun from the solo missions I've played.

Do either one, they are both cool. Don't play alch without unlocking stimulant injection tho, it's at the end of the tree. Did you max paladin yet? If not you need to do that next. Also archer is great for pvp and the symbol is great.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Morglon posted:

According to the figures someone posted on the Forums you could've started on day 1 and still not get the second spec without spending money if you roll bad enough. Which is entirely possible and a big reason I dislike this "event" so much. You could get lucky and unlock it in a day though. I haven't made significant progress since I stopped rushing though so I don't think I'll unlock anything else which really sucks since I want the extra spec slots beyond the second one and the mount, not for really using but having, it's a collector thing but I'm not paying for it so probably poo poo out of luck.

You HAVE to spend credits and buy argents and accelerate it to get it. It takes about 100k per 10pp so I hope you saved up some credits in preparation like I did! However I underestimated how many I'd need and only had 600k when the event started, but I also had 2000 argents from selling replicators beforehand, but they patched that out now.

I'm only at 91pp as of today, but once reset day hits I should be able to grind out enough credits so that I'll finish it. But in the future I'm going to keep 1.5m or so banked at all times.

Washout fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 21, 2015

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Lawlicaust posted:

Seriously? I've been out of town for a few weeks so I havent been able to play. I was looking forward to coming back to a big cap and catching up.... If this is true it is by far the worst thing they could have done.

Yeah, sorry. :/ Like I said I looked into buying a release day account.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Kurieg posted:

Does logging in via the portal extend it? Or am I going to have to install skyforge on my lovely travel laptop while I'm in the hospital just to up my cap?

That I don't know...

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

I think it's actually every 3 days that it increments up.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Kessel posted:

Having one of the endgame activities be to stand around a tree while your tank desperately runs around looking for poo poo to pull is just :effort:

Welcome to the plane of fear, now please go stand in that corner and try not to aggro anything, thanks.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Farg posted:

i'm gonna try this game, what should i know considering that I already read up poo poo about the basics

also, what starting class is most fun? it seems to be paladin. and what other class is the most rad

First off, no matter what class it is you started working on, once you start spending class sparks on it keep going until it's finished and you get the symbol, never work on two at once. Secondly paladin symbol is amazing, it's 4 seconds of invulnerability and it has a 90 second cool down, but in reality it fires off constantly because it resets after every engagement. I became able to solo much, much easier when I finally unlocked it and was using my kinetic. Basically you are become invincible in all the trash fights and even some boss fights.

Paladin is hard to play but can kick butt pretty hard and do more dps than a knight in pve. Lightbringer is not really used much but that is because the alchemist is so much better, LB is probably the best pvp class now that slayer was nerfed? Cryomancer is a newbie trap, it's super easy to use but has bad dps especially when a newbie is using one and is still one of the worst classes in the game.

Best classes in the game right now: Knight and Alchemist for PvE 5 mans, Kinetic and Berserker for soloing.

Washout fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Farg posted:

ok some solid tips thanks, ill start tonight as a paladin

also, what's this games pvp like? is it good/do people give a poo poo? I know the combat is TERA style but how close to that

It can be fun, especially as Knight and LB I've heard. Archer is also great. There are good pvp builds for most classes, and classes like the monk and slayer are pretty much pvp only.

That said pvp is super unbalanced, but you can get a lot of good rewards from it regardless.

Washout fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 26, 2015

• Locked thread