Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
So, I installed the game, started playing it. Was told there was controller support (or would be). I can move around with the controller, and one of the buttons goes to settings, but none of the buttons actually do anything else. Looked for a controller setup option, there was none. So, it's like a big loving tease for using a controller. Tell me oh gods of the internet, is this false hope or will I actually be able to play the game with a controller?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You could but you'd need something to reroute the commands like xpadder.

If that's the case, then Ok then, I can just set it up like I did Neverwinter. Though, I thought they were going to have full in game controller support. It seems like it, just not fully implemented-- you can move around, but that's about it.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
So, I just tried to use xpadder, and none of it worked. Not even a simple linking the mouse click to a controller button. I read a bit of the forums and found out they are blocking controller mapping from things like xpadder and joy to key. So that sucks. Guess I'll wait around a bit for in game controller support.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004

Two Feet From Bread posted:

This game has a boob slider. Guess im going to be a girl.

Also, if you rotate/shake the avatar in the style menu they jiggle. Sure-- magic, tech and teleportation is available, but a sports bra is out of the question.

Edit: Also, the game reminds me more of Neverwinter than anything else. The not quite active combat--active combat.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

:siren:Attention shitlords.:siren:

We just completed the new clan building. That opened up 10 more slots in the guild. Log in now and you can catch me for an invite. Name is "Irate Drinkfist" in game.

On another note. I need a bunch of loving commanders to log in and vote for our new construction project.

Hopefully I can grab an invite. I'm only 666 prestige at the moment. I'm slowly playing this until controller support comes in, then I'll be more involved. hosed this keyboard and mouse tomfoolery.

Edit: sent you a message ingame, I think. I sent one, didn't show anything being sent so I sent 2 more (Lasanti Scotch).

Jimbosaurus fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 3, 2015

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004

Keeping it classy.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

Cool, thanks. It only happened to me twice. The second time I was just curious if it was a bug or just bad luck on my part.

Now, how do I unlock more talent slots. Are those on the skill trees or what?

Edit: Oh, and the Abilities menu still has the red ! next to it. I guess theres something it wants me to look at. WHat is it, I can't figure it out.

yeah, i had that too. It's probably "you have an open trait slot" but early on you don't have any traits unlocked to fill it.

Also, The game told me a particular mission was impossible. It said it needed ~1100 prestige, well I showed that game a thing or too, with my barely 800 prestige icebox cryobabe, I rolled through that thing solo. Huzzah! I had a big leap of rings, from like 16-18 prestige rings to 30+ ones, and an off hand 20 to a 35 prestige from doing it.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

Also don't loving talk to me until you get to AT loving LEAST 2050 Prestige. I got a pile of you fucks that literally installed the game just to get an invite to the guild and then uninstall it.

At 2050 Prestige you unlock your order so you have a loving chance of doing something for the guild as well as show some kind of super small interest in the loving game.

It is pissing me off to no end seeing this poo poo where I am tracking how many people need invites and then meet that quota by doing expansions and then 50 of you motherfuckers pop out of nowhere and wave your dicks at me.

Play the loving game in the mean time and get on mumble. Everything we form up for be it group runs or questions are being done in mumble because the game's chat it total hosed. You would only be missing out on some subpar guild stat increase for not being in the guild right now and check it out I blew the loving circuit breaker trying to upgrade it. Right now all I want to focus on is upgrading the power and support buildings because no one save a handful of us can do the high end guild cap increase missions now. Also earlier I linked a post from the RU poo poo where they are doing big renovations to guilds and when that goes down I assure you everyone is getting the gently caress in. I have no idea when we are gonna get that patch though.

So all you stragglers out there wanting guild invites. We are totally loving full at 110 members and everyone worth a gently caress is chilling in mumble doing big things there. Find the mumble info in the OP of this thread and get down into the Russia Game channel of the Angry Dome and socialize away you whores.

yay! of all the dicks waving around he chose mine.

Honestly, if I would have realized there was a minimum to contribute I wouldn't have bothered asking. ~1200 prestige and counting ; get hosed everyone lower than me-- which I think is nobody :suicide:

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004

holy crap, so I don't have to wait 20k prestige later to participate in things, yay!

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
Goddamn that's a lot of stuff. But, did they fix the bug that allows me to use a goddamn controller?

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
3 days and counting, no engineers. Get hosed doing those quests to make guild stuff. I have a mountain of agents, envoys and templars though.

Is there anywhere you can "buy" basic weapons for classes? I broke down the starting weapons and haven't really come across a lightbinder weapon.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I'm sensing he is trying to tell you something....something about arrows.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
So, I'm not a fan of the pvp aspects of games, so I tend to avoid them. Unfortunately the slab thing was only offered in the 3v3 match up. So, before the servers went down...why the hell not. Here is the results:

Get hosed slayer and necromancer. After the 4th round, they started triple teaming me, but it was too late--Winter was coming.

Also, am I doing something wrong? I've noticed playing Weather Wizard, I never use jagged ice or stasis. I would go out of my way to use jagged ice just to use it, but I'm pretty sure I do more damage just using my normal attack and stasis doesn't really help much, since "instant" isn't exactly true.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
ha, They changed the names to a couple things. Valuables are now "loot" and the peasant clothes are now "Adventurer Clothing." They also put the damage of jagged ice instead of just "deals damage."

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
The prestige scaling hasn't really helped me at all. I'll be in queue for 20-30+ minutes and get nothing for MSM and Darren Facility. I think on and off queuing up over the past 2 days, I managed to get 1 group going for MSM that crapped out at the last boss.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
Is defense penetration a PvE or PVP attribute? I looked around and I keep finding conflicting statements. Some say it's pve only, some pvp. That it affects hitting through shields on monsters and/or overcoming some defense amulets later on in prestige for pvp. Any definitive answer?

I can make a chapel for Ithanos Achipelago and not sure what to get. Basically my 3 potential options are Discharge Recovery (Impulse), Defense Penetration, and Ranged damage. Impulse-eh, if I was going more impulse I would do it, but I'm not really. Ranged damage is 20m+ which I compared the distance, not very often are you that far out from fighting. Any group run I've been on there hasn't really been enough room to be 20m+ out. So, I was leaning towards DP. But if it's PvP only, I'll have to reconsider.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
So, just did a 10v10, does it lag as all hell for anyone else? I had to do it for the ring, but goddamn did it just crap out during massive fights.

Also, am I the only one that thinks it's dumb to have to do the blah pvp stuff to get these temple items? it's only 10-20 minutes sure, but I'd rather opt out of it for a solo or group instant run.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004

Schubalts posted:

It is when Witches are reporting their boob physics breaking and freezing their boobs pointing up at 45-degree angles.

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55ca9f5237989a2d6960e32e

Dem titties. Skyforge, more like fuckforge.

Jimbosaurus fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 19, 2015

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
So here is something we need to get our hands on and do. Prestige means nothing if you can't back it up with a dance competition. https://eu.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55ccc9faac7209d4747ebb60?page=1

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004

Morglon posted:

No. It's a lot of work for very little reward and have you ever tried getting goons to do something?

woah there god of no-fun, way to harsh the dance buzz.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
So, I think I just played a pvp match against a speed hacker. Whether it's true or not, thank you random dude playing a gunner that warped across the map round trip like 15 seconds from his flag to capture our flag, back to his flag for the cap. That pvp match lasted like 3 minutes instead of 20ish.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
So, did they ever get controller support for this thing or is it still just able to walk around using one and nothing else?

Also, apparently there are places on the 10 v10 maps you can get stuck on and can't die to get out of and can't actually attack anyone because of sight blocking. I spent the last 1/4 of the match stuck between barrels and rocks in the cart pushing map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
They did add controller support and it works well. The thing is they never put in invert y-axis, so it became really annoying trying to play.

• Locked thread