Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KirbyJ
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5RTtoxbjUY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I know nothing about this aside from the video and I still think it qualifies as the worst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRAdWcfpM_Y

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

it's Rellik and a barbed wire christmas tree

btw Rellik is Killer spelled backwards

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 5, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

RentACop posted:

I know nothing about this aside from the video and I still think it qualifies as the worst

This is the best thing later-years TNA did

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

RentACop posted:

Um actually Kurt's American flag sunglasses make it the best thing.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_Tjy5rogsg

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Kronik vs Kane and The Undertaker. It was Park of the invasion angle, but you could see how protected Kronik was during their WCW tenure.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

In the final days of the Bikertaker, he won a match that got him the right to any kind of match he wanted. Rather than go with the title match as McMahon figured, Undertaker instead chose a Buried Alive match against Vince. All in all it made sense and gave us a nice Vince beating before Kane showed up, attacked Undertaker and ultimately killed off the biker gimmick.

You just reminded me of the final Taker/Kane feud, which included a Buried Alive match in which Undertaker lost because The Nexus randomly showed up and shoved him in the grave for absolutely zero explained reason, and a HIAC match that Taker lost because he was blinded by a magic flashlight inside the urn.

This feud, by the way, was all part of Kane's elaborate and ridiculously complicated plan over something like 13 years to finally destroy Taker, and then they tagged a few times a couple years later like it was no big deal.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

one time chikara booked zack sabre jr for KOT weekend and only had him wrestle 1 match like come on guys gimme them armbars

I think that one can be put down to Quack being a huge insecure baby. Maybe.

Rick Steiner has a promo face off with Chuckie.

sexy_trash
Jul 4, 2008

WH2K IS JERICHO
The entire Monday Night Raw "guest hosted" by Jeremy Piven.

Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania 26.

Edge vs Kane w/ Paul Bearer covered in pizza.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The dumbest and funniest thing I've seen in wrestling are one and the same.

Paul Bearer being pushed down a manhole.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Mae Young giving birth to a hand.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Corzaa posted:

Read through this whole thread and couldn't wait to get to the end to post this, so gently caress you.

Um, Stephanie's boob job?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Big Show being pulled around on the coffin at his mothers husbands funeral.

(Also the best thing I've seen)

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
Watching some old PPV's and I completely forgot that Brian Kendrick was called "Spanky" when he debuted.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
HE used that name forever on the indies (and after his initial WWE run when he was in Japan), he wasn't Brian Kendrick until he came back

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Corzaa posted:

It was worth it for the RAW 1000 callback.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Grem posted:

Um, Stephanie's boob job?

Dumb things, not wonderful things. :colbert:

Tossing in my vote for the Dungeon of Doom and all things related to it.
Also for Rellik.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
As bad as the Dungeon of Doom was, it did result in Mick Foley's airbrushed "Dungeon of Doom!" shirt in ECW:

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Forceholy posted:

It was worth it for the RAW 1000 callback.

yep, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn2uZ9eKDio

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
I'd love to know the thought process behind making Mae Young's baby a hand.

I'm guessing mountains of cocaine were involved at some stage

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Purple Monkey posted:

Vince is a genius!

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

The Del Rio/Swager match at Extreme Rules 2013 ending with the ref demanding a video replay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8yOZmCDh1c

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yeah, this deserves mention. Not just for... well, look at it... but because of the timing.

This is right after WWE invested months in making Big Show their top face at the cost of Bryan's push. When they tried to co-opt the "YES!" chants into being Big Show's thing. When various PPV main events focused on him even if he wasn't in the match. When he main-evented Survivor Series to zero interest and afterwards sold a concussion on Raw for a week before simply vanishing all together.

Then he's dancing in a diaper.

Then the next time we see him, he's supposed to be the next big threat to Brock Lesnar.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Gavok posted:

This is right after WWE invested months in making Big Show their top face at the cost of Bryan's push. When they tried to co-opt the "YES!" chants into being Big Show's thing. When various PPV main events focused on him even if he wasn't in the match. When he main-evented Survivor Series to zero interest and afterwards sold a concussion on Raw for a week before simply vanishing all together.

Oh god I had wiped that RAW from my memory, that was the same RAW were Bryan was kidnapped by the Wyatt Family (for a day since he showed up on Smackdown in a parking lot) but after he had been kidnapped the Bella Twins were fawning over special guest Michael Strahan. I'm just going to quote myself from that RAW thread.

quote:

Brie your husband was just stolen by hillbillies.

Although that RAW did give us this:

And this from the WWE discussion thread:

Deadpool posted:

Every week this doesn't happen is a wasted week of wrestling.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

reality_groove posted:

The Del Rio/Swager match at Extreme Rules 2013 ending with the ref demanding a video replay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8yOZmCDh1c

I swear they were giving the NFL poo poo for something, I don't know what, but there was definitely a reason behind that.

Purple Monkey posted:

Oh yeah, there it is.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Speaking of video replay, anyone remember the weird intermission from Wrestlemania 7? They spent like 10 minutes on Vince hosting a debate between George Steinbrenner and Paul McGuire over the pros and cons of instant replay ending with the Bushwackers in referee shirts watching trying to watch an instant replay of the whole segment. It was so dry and unfunny that they never played it again. Not on VHS or DVD and I'm guessing it's not on the Network either.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Memento posted:

I swear they were giving the NFL poo poo for something, I don't know what, but there was definitely a reason behind that.

There was some NFL controversy at the time which involved video replays so WWE took a stab at it in their usual manner, that's all I can remember.

Even without the dumb ending that match stank to high hell.

*Swagger twists the ankle lock a bit*

"Del Rio do you want to quit?"

"... No!"

*Swagger twists again*

"Del Rio how about now do you want to quit?"

"... No!"

Repeat until heat death of the universe.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Although that RAW did give us this:

Summer Rae is the hero we something something something

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Purple Monkey posted:

I'm told that sort of rubber hand was a sex toy in the 70s or something.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The joke is that old-timey vibrators had fake rubber hands and stuff on the part that you used on your cooch, and Mae's is so loose she lost one in there and it came out during the Mark Henry skit. Of course, they never explained the joke and everyone was confused, except Vince/whoever wrote the skit.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The stupid tone deaf war crime altered reality angle with the bad photoshopped real politicans that Chikara did during Quacks mid life crisis.

I would just be like "Chikara" in general but I'll acknowledge some people like the product, but that whole thing was so weird and out there even the true believers were scratching their heads.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Skinty McEdger posted:

The stupid tone deaf war crime altered reality angle with the bad photoshopped real politicans that Chikara did during Quacks mid life crisis.

I would just be like "Chikara" in general but I'll acknowledge some people like the product, but that whole thing was so weird and out there even the true believers were scratching their heads.

The altered reality stuff was more fan speculation because they figured something big was about to happen at that big iPPV and weren't sure what. Otherwise, yeah, Ashes was pretty dumb.

There are parts about it I liked, I respected the ambition to try it and it actually ended really well, but it was a self-serious mess that dragged on for-loving-ever. By the time it started to get interesting towards the end, people were just tired of it and wanted them to do wrestling matches and stuff. At the same time, they DID have wrestling matches for the replacement promotions (Wrestling is Cool, Wrestling is Intense, etc.), but they were heatless affairs that nobody came to see. You had a year of story with no wrestling alongside a year of wrestling with no story and it just wasn't worth the effort.

Then they released Ashes of Chikara, a feature-length version of the storyline using the YouTube videos they made and other footage. On paper it looked like it could work by streamlining the angle and filling in any blanks.They seemed serious about it enough that they even took out an ad in some Dark Horse comics that month. What they released was an incomprehensible clusterfuck of some of the worst acting, with important plot points completely missing, making it even more confusing than it originally was. Even the people in the Chikara forum felt cheated out of their money.

It didn't help that they tried building towards this right after their worst iPPV, which was their creative low-point by far and killed all of the company's momentum dead. This includes having the Young Bucks as tag champs and wasting them on a match with an out-of-shape 1-2-3 Kid and a broken-down Marty Jannetty. For best two out of three, too.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Wasn't there a 123 Kid/Razor Ramon feud that ended with one of them in a stroller?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DynamiteKidd posted:

inb4 thread degenerates into "I KID YOU NOT, [WCW or TNA] REALLY DID THIS" circlejerking, featuring stories you've heard 800 times before

this post

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

Wasn't there a 123 Kid/Razor Ramon feud that ended with one of them in a stroller?

There was one that had a 'cry-baby match' stip which ended with Waltman in a diaper and talcum powder.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Gaz-L posted:

There was one that had a 'cry-baby match' stip which ended with Waltman in a diaper and talcum powder.

That's what I was thinking of. Somehow that sounds even stupider than I remembered.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Chavo Guerrero renouncing his hispanic heritage and renaming himself "Kerwin White".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Well excuse me, princess, didn't mean to offend you

• Locked thread