Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Gavok posted:

This is right after WWE invested months in making Big Show their top face at the cost of Bryan's push. When they tried to co-opt the "YES!" chants into being Big Show's thing. When various PPV main events focused on him even if he wasn't in the match. When he main-evented Survivor Series to zero interest and afterwards sold a concussion on Raw for a week before simply vanishing all together.

Oh god I had wiped that RAW from my memory, that was the same RAW were Bryan was kidnapped by the Wyatt Family (for a day since he showed up on Smackdown in a parking lot) but after he had been kidnapped the Bella Twins were fawning over special guest Michael Strahan. I'm just going to quote myself from that RAW thread.

quote:

Brie your husband was just stolen by hillbillies.

Although that RAW did give us this:

And this from the WWE discussion thread:

Deadpool posted:

Every week this doesn't happen is a wasted week of wrestling.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Memento posted:

I swear they were giving the NFL poo poo for something, I don't know what, but there was definitely a reason behind that.

There was some NFL controversy at the time which involved video replays so WWE took a stab at it in their usual manner, that's all I can remember.

Even without the dumb ending that match stank to high hell.

*Swagger twists the ankle lock a bit*

"Del Rio do you want to quit?"

"... No!"

*Swagger twists again*

"Del Rio how about now do you want to quit?"

"... No!"

Repeat until heat death of the universe.

• Locked thread