Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xerzes
May 16, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

I just remembered Beaver Cleavage, a short lived WWE gimmick in an obvious "Leave It To Beaver" style gag. The whole gimmick was built around the implication that he was having sex with his mother, who was also his manager. They had to kill it real quick since they were reportedly losing advertisers, because no one other than Vince thought a gimmick based totally on incest was cool. They killed it by doing a worked shoot where Beaver said "I can't do this anymore" and walked out in the middle of a promo. He then became Chaz and revealed that his "mother" was actually just his girlfriend.

Not quite Katie Vick level, but the concept was really dumb and poorly thought out.

You forgot where that relationship went afterward, which was domestic abuse, with his fake mother girlfriend coming out to the ring with black eyes and such. Which later turned out to be her making the whole thing up and using makeup to look like her boyfriend was abusing her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Purple Monkey posted:

I'd love to know the thought process behind making Mae Young's baby a hand.

I'm guessing mountains of cocaine were involved at some stage

I'm told that sort of rubber hand was a sex toy in the 70s or something.

• Locked thread