Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I went to an NWA New Jersey show back in 2001 which featured Chris Candido, Steve Corino, Lil Guido, a bunch of other former ECW guys and Virgil/Vince.

Virgil had his table setup from just about as soon as the doors opened. The promoted had to go, drag him away from his table when the matches started. Then the main event became Corino Vs Candido. Just as they were about to start, the nWo music starts playing and Virgil comes out and says "you weren't going to have the main event without me!". Corino and Candido put on a great match, while every once and a while Virgil would go over to one of them, get punched, roll outside the ring and lay down for a while, rinse and repeat. The match lasted a good 15 minutes and Virgil did the absolute bare minimum.

Virgil also spent intermission in the ring, largely being ignored by everyone as Candido and Corino had huge lines.

Also everyone working on the show had those "Rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated" NWA t-shirts, which I always found ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread