Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Rewatching WCW New Blood Rising to see if it's as bad as I remember (it is).

In the Steiner vs Goldberg vs Nash match, Nash goes to give Goldberg a power bomb, but Goldberg sinply walks out of it. Nash has this look on his face which says "Bill, what you doing bro, you're supposed to go up for my powerbomb here". He looks sad.

Goldberg walks up the ramp. Russo comes out and gets in big Bill's face (which looks stupid as Bill is a monster). Russo tells Goldberg to get back in the ring and Goldberg screams in his face "gently caress you" and walks off.

Mark Madden on commentary: "Maybe Goldberg was supposed to do something that wouldn't make him look good".

"I'm thinking Goldberg was supposed to go up for the jacknife"

"Nash is a pro, he could have punched Goldberg out right there."

It's mental stuff.

Can you think of a special breed of dumb moment in wrestling to rival this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

What the hell is this? Surely he had a bad injury after that?

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Shakenbaker posted:

Once saw a battle royal at a drag strip where the ring was set up between the stands and the near lane, with actual drag cars running in the far lane during the match. The winner of the match was some guy from Axe Men and he :airquote:won $5,000:airquote: that he was going to use to get his sunken boat off the bottom of a river.

On the subject of battle royals, I'm pretty sure it was Tri State that ran a reverse Battle Royal where you had to throw your opponent INTO the ring to eliminate them...

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Monkeycheese posted:

DX driving up to the WCW arena was awesome actually

WHAT? When did this happen? I don't think I've ever seen the WWE make a single reference of this?

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

BigRed0427 posted:

Really? It's one of the things that always comes up when they talk about the best of DX. The better part I think was when they wen't to WCW HQ.

X Pac: Were here.
Everyone else: Wait? This is it? :confused:

I was joking matey :-)

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

DJExile posted:

god drat that's incredible

Completely agree! Why do I not remember this???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Gavok posted:

Vince McMahon is pretty amazing. Horrible human being, but amazing nonetheless.

A lot of adjectives (shout out Kevin Nash) can some up Vince: crazy, beautiful, smart, thick... he is amazing indeed.

• Locked thread