Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

flashy_mcflash posted:

TNA's done worse stuff involving real people rather than mannequins, and what's worse is that they did it for lower ratings than Katie Vick got. I guess you could argue that less people seeing TNA's shenanigans makes them worse than Katie Vick but Katie Vick literally made money for WWE in its roundabout way.

I don't know, it's hard for me to think of anything that made me more embarrassed to be watching wrestling than the Katie Vick coffin scene. Not even in a "someone might know I watch this" way, just in a generalized burning sense of awkward horror at the whole thing.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I just remembered Beaver Cleavage, a short lived WWE gimmick in an obvious "Leave It To Beaver" style gag. The whole gimmick was built around the implication that he was having sex with his mother, who was also his manager. They had to kill it real quick since they were reportedly losing advertisers, because no one other than Vince thought a gimmick based totally on incest was cool. They killed it by doing a worked shoot where Beaver said "I can't do this anymore" and walked out in the middle of a promo. He then became Chaz and revealed that his "mother" was actually just his girlfriend.

Not quite Katie Vick level, but the concept was really dumb and poorly thought out.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DynamiteKidd posted:

And yet I believe it was left to our imagination just how deeply Billy's love of asses runs

He likes to pick them, and also to stick them

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Retail Slave posted:

Didn't Beaver walk off on his very first live interview on Raw? They had all those vingettes but when they got him out in front of a live crowd he was like "I can't do this anymore" and walked off.

I was pissed that I missed it, too, because I had flipped over to Nitro at the time. I remember JR sternly admonishing him coming back from commercial.

They later claimed that was a work to reset his gimmick. I've always had a little doubt in the back of my mind about that, since JR seemed legitimately flustered at the time and it was real awkward.

• Locked thread