Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

CoolCat posted:

Goldberg shenanigans

This was dumb as hell, but even dumber was how they promoted it for Nitro. "Last night, Goldberg went OFF THE SCRIPT!"

Also, that time when an aging Sable and Ernest 'The Cat' Miller made Vince McMahon dance in the ring but instead he did this weird dinosaur strut. The whole segment was literally to waste time because it had no setup and led to nothing after.

Also, Eric Bischoff presents Hot Lesbian Action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I just remembered two terrible angles involving Torrie Wilson.

1) Her feud with Dawn Marie, who literally sexed Torrie's father to death after dating him for an agonizing several weeks/months and then marrying him so she was Torrie's stepmom.

2) The double-feud of Nidia/Torrie and Billy Gunn/Jamie Noble, which somehow ended in a foursome orgy. It literally ended with all four in a bed together.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Purple Monkey posted:

This which unsurprisingly TNA Never Followed Up On™
https://youtu.be/CezaWMN7bL0?t=9m16s

"That's Paul Bearer!"
"FORMERLY KNOWN AS PAUL BEARER WHAT'S HE DOING HERE!?"

:allears:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

In the final days of the Bikertaker, he won a match that got him the right to any kind of match he wanted. Rather than go with the title match as McMahon figured, Undertaker instead chose a Buried Alive match against Vince. All in all it made sense and gave us a nice Vince beating before Kane showed up, attacked Undertaker and ultimately killed off the biker gimmick.

You just reminded me of the final Taker/Kane feud, which included a Buried Alive match in which Undertaker lost because The Nexus randomly showed up and shoved him in the grave for absolutely zero explained reason, and a HIAC match that Taker lost because he was blinded by a magic flashlight inside the urn.

This feud, by the way, was all part of Kane's elaborate and ridiculously complicated plan over something like 13 years to finally destroy Taker, and then they tagged a few times a couple years later like it was no big deal.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It couldn't have been planned to be Hornswoggle. They don't think that far ahead. They had dropped it for a long time before the throwaway reveal. The worst thing to come out of that was heel Michael Cole, not the reveal. Cole literally made me stop watching sometimes. I don't care how effective that is for heel work, if viewers are turning away it's too much.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I thought he merely suggested it and had it shot down? I mean, still creepy as gently caress and dumb, but not quite 'almost went through with it.' Like, I was under the impression Lucas and Spielberg gave more time and thought to making Indiana Jones a pedophile than Vince did towards making himself having kayfabe hosed his daughter.

Nah, it's more than that. Vince had a promo during that time about passing a teenage Stephanie around among his business associates, and literally said "It's almost as if I personally deflowered her."

I have to believe that was his compromise for not allowing him to go full Lannister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

Midcard Mafia

For a time, MCM (as just Reks & Hawkins) were a really bright spot on NXT: Redemption. Hawkins was getting good on the mic, had a fun character, and the two were a decent tag team. Not much came out of it, and that cartoon sounds god awful, but for at least the year or so before NXT became FCW With More Budget, Reks and Hawkins were pretty entertaining on TV. Though I sometimes think I'm the only person who liked NXT: Redemption.

StarkRavingMad posted:

They later claimed that was a work to reset his gimmick. I've always had a little doubt in the back of my mind about that, since JR seemed legitimately flustered at the time and it was real awkward.

JR often made it a point to not learn the backstage plans or writing so his reactions were genuine. So when something was obvious poo poo, he really couldn't hide his disdain.

• Locked thread