Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

she is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Kibibit posted:

the only slight disappointment is that they never revealed that Yamada is in her early twenties

What the

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Oh uh... Special was good yeah. I loved it. Yamada's trap was freakin excellent.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

but but how can her older 'brother' go to high school then???

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm pretty sure they mentioned she was studying for middle school entrance exams when she ran away.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I strongly appreciated the Haruna disappearance jokes reaching its natural conclusion in which she disappears as Otoo is actively looking at her.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Lots of good jokes and gags, and overall, pretty decent finale.

Whenever Otoo spoke, I kept thinking of Nyanta from Log Horizon and expected a "nyaa" at the end of his sentences.

Takanashi's mom was over-the-top creepy and weird though. I found her rather disturbing on multiple levels. You can see why the whole family is screwed up (except for the youngest who probably had the least exposure to her own mother). Plus, the mother is a Japanese politician. I wonder if there's a commentary on Japanese politicians in there somewhere? Or, am I just reading too much into the story?

Loved the use of the word canoodle.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Davincie posted:

i thought it was okay but it missed that something special that makes it 'worth' a movie so to say

Eh, I thought of it more as a double-length episode than a movie. Also: GONG!

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
A good ending! Agreed that there should have been a kiss at the end, but it was a cute finale.

Now if only they animated another season of Servant x Service with the Working cameos...

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Nondevor posted:

Now if only they animated another season of Servant x Service with the Working cameos...

I can't wait to see Inami and Takanashi go to the office to get a marriage license.

The above might not be true. Or is it?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Mikl posted:

I can't wait to see Inami and Takanashi go to the office to get a marriage license.

The above might not be true. Or is it?

Wasn't it Satou and Yachiyo?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I nearly just died choking on my chipotle because I was lolling too hard at the OVA.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She was, as always, the best part of the show. Very sad that it's over.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although I do agree that it simply seemed like two episodes back to back. Usually these longer events have like, new locations or events or characters or better animation but outside of that one 10 second moment when Inami and Kozue were grappling nothing really jumped out as being above and beyond the usual quality of the show. Which was, naturally, pretty drat high.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Finally watched this earlier and I thought it was really fun. Kinda sad it's over though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wonder if it was just a case of the studio realizing they couldn't wrap it up with the number of episodes/airing slots available and thus improvised.

Anyway, that was great/heartwarming like the rest of the season! It was kind of nice that Inami got to kind of take over main character duties for some of these final few episodes. She wound up being a pretty memorable character by the end when she was arguably one of the weaker parts of the first season.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Fantastic, loved it. I alllllmost feared that Takanashi would take Inami's hand for a second, say "Okay, handholding completed! See ya tomorrow at work!" and wander off whistling. Luckily he's not that weird.

Also Nazuna's reasoning behind being the only sister willing to seriously fight Inami was great characterization and made perfect sense, reluctant though she was.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

I wonder if it was just a case of the studio realizing they couldn't wrap it up with the number of episodes/airing slots available and thus improvised.

Anyway, that was great/heartwarming like the rest of the season! It was kind of nice that Inami got to kind of take over main character duties for some of these final few episodes. She wound up being a pretty memorable character by the end when she was arguably one of the weaker parts of the first season.

I've heard lots of people say that but I thought Inami was pretty great the whole way through. It might have helped that I first saw seasons 1 and 2 about a week before the first episode of season 3, but I never considered her a weak link in the cast.

Mirage posted:

Fantastic, loved it. I alllllmost feared that Takanashi would take Inami's hand for a second, say "Okay, handholding completed! See ya tomorrow at work!" and wander off whistling. Luckily he's not that weird.

Also Nazuna's reasoning behind being the only sister willing to seriously fight Inami was great characterization and made perfect sense, reluctant though she was.

I preferred Inami's reasoning for Nazuna being the only sister she even considered throwing a serious punch at. Because sure Kozue is a martial arts pro who makes a living teaching how to beat people up but Nazuna's a super elementary school student, she can do basically anything. And from what the series has shown I'd imagine that's probably actually the case.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was a really good finale to a really good series.

I'm really not fond of the Takanashi mother though. She's creepy, off-putting, hypocritical, and downright abusive.

I mean, I know it's a comedy series and all but she's the sole character I actively dislike.

Used to be Kozue, but then after seeing the mom it made total sense and now I just wish Kozue the best.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah that loving slimy creepy dude married to eldest sister was way worse than the mum, he makes my skin crawl.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't deny the dude's creepy but I'd still say that what Takanashi's mom did to her children is worse than anything Minegishi ever did within the story.

Fuckin' loved how Kazue pretty much lost all will to fight when Inami congratulated her on her marriage.

So many good scenes and jokes and the ending really made me reflect on everything that's happened throughout the series.

Now I want to marathon the whole thing.

Inami punching Daisy in S2 was probably one of my favorite scenes.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Now more Servant x Service please.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell yes I want some more Lucy (abbreviated) Yamagami.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Hell yes I want some more Lucy Kimiko Akie Airi Shiori Rinne Yoshiho Chihoko Ayano Fumika Chitose Sanae Mikiko Ichika Yukino Reina Eri Ai Tamiko Chikage Emilia Julia Shizue Erina Chisa Yumeka Natsuki Ranran Rieko Setsuri Chikako Azumi Marina Hideko Chiaki Misaki Naomi Campbell Miku Yuka Masako Sachiko Nana Mutsumi Haruka Yuna Shimako Yukie Rin Sakura Kanna Wakana Hazuki Honami Ruri Mihane Momoka Himari Nozomi Futaba Mayuyu ... Yamagami

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Someone, someone, someone else~

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Now more Servant x Service please.

Or at least animate the crossover audio

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The lady who wrote the Working!! manga is starting a new workplace comedy manga about voice actors. I'm gonna read it!!

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Hooray! Any news about translations? I'd love if Crunchyroll took it in.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
This woman has raised the quality of slice of life/comedy series single-handedly

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I hope popura finds love other than mine

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Every time a member of the Working!! anime VA cast gets married, manga author Takatsu Karino would draw a doodle to commemorate the event. To date, she has drawn 7 [WORKING!!]

http://imgur.com/a/e6Qb0

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Davincie posted:

Every time a member of the Working!! anime VA cast gets married, manga author Takatsu Karino would draw a doodle to commemorate the event. To date, she has drawn 7 [WORKING!!]

So what you're saying is that everyone who does voice work for Working gets married. Truly, the most powerful romcom.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That rules.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Davincie posted:

The power of the Takanashi genes cannot be contained in a TV show

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

a kitten posted:

That rules.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i think the lady who voices the eldest takanashi sister got a divorce too

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i think the lady who voices the eldest takanashi sister got a divorce too

That's sad, and rains on our parade, and is a mean thing to post.

I wish there was art for that, too.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I wish there was art for that, too.

Congratulations on your divorce!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

a kitten posted:

That rules.

• Locked thread