Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Finally got to watch this. Slow start like everyone said, but I liked it more than the first episode of the second season and that season went on to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Second half of the episode and everything was already back to fine form.

Can't wait for more. Wished for more Inami punches though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
OP isn't as catchy as the other two but features more Yamada, so I guess that balances it out.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

If this is another Railidex..... gently caress

There is no plot involved, worry not

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Space Flower posted:

There is no plot involved, worry not

If the show follows the manga closely, this'll literally be the plot-est season by quite a bit. Of course, that's not saying much, but if the show plans to end with this season, it's gonna be a bit more dense than the manga, which dicked around for 50-ish more chapters before they even INTRODUCE the people hinted at in the episode preview.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I'm glad that the OP continues the trend of "spot the different Popura." Although the first half was kinda slow, I appreciated it since I haven't seen the previous seasons in a while. Good episode!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Oh good, I was hoping for a season 3! Thanks for alerting me to this!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the new episode is out. lots of takanashi family action. a very annoying character makes his appearance. lazy sister goes on an adventure. yamada ruins everything. plot progress is made... sort of

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, that guy sure is...a character. And presumably recurring or they wouldn't have bothered.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

he's probably here to drive the plot forward in regard to the family situation. they've hinted about it before

also nice little detail: takanahsis phone wallpaer is of a flea

better episode than the first btw

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That guy sure was loving annoying.

Also I've completely forgotten who that character nailed a Satou(?) voodoo doll to the tree is.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

if you refer to my lovingly crafted op you will see that she is one of kyouko's flunkies

looked like this as a delinquent

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to start watching this tonight after I finish Act 4 of Metal Gear Solid 4, OP.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ganbare

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started watching. It looks like this is in 720p or something, wth.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Early favorites are the blonde cook and the manager.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And Manager is a Christmas cake...Awhooga!!!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

In Training posted:

I started watching. It looks like this is in 720p or something, wth.

First season just looks like poo poo for whatever reason. It's fine though. You'll probably consider Inami to be the series version of Scrappy-Doo. Don't worry, everyone does.

Unless you mean this season in which case I don't know looks fine to me.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 12, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This OP is really good.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

In Training posted:

This OP is really good.

The strength of this show is its catchy tunes

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Someone

ONE! ONE!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alright is his name Katanashi or Takanashi. I don't get this joke.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Takanashi. Poplar/Popura just has troubles pronouncing it, like a little kid.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

a kitten posted:

Someone

ONE! ONE!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
The first season was subbed by someone else and CR just acquired the license later at some point. The rest of it was simulcast by CR and is the quality you'd expect.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I just marathoned this show over the past few days and it was pretty good. All of the characters were fun and none of their quirks got annoying (except the dude in the latest episode), and despite the show being allergic to changing the status-quo they still managed to keep the jokes fresh and interesting. I'm glad I started watching just in time for the new season to start.

Just wondering how long the break was between seasons 2 and 3, because the amount of time dedicated to reintroducing everyone and their gimmicks in the first episode was really annoying. Something similar happened in season 2 but I don't think it was quite as bad.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Just wondering how long the break was between seasons 2 and 3, because the amount of time dedicated to reintroducing everyone and their gimmicks in the first episode was really annoying. Something similar happened in season 2 but I don't think it was quite as bad.

The top comments on the S2 episode I watched on Crunchyroll were datestamped 2011, so I think almost four years.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

First season just looks like poo poo for whatever reason. It's fine though. You'll probably consider Inami to be the series version of Scrappy-Doo. Don't worry, everyone does.

Unless you mean this season in which case I don't know looks fine to me.

i like inami a lot....

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Inami is good and cool. Why do people dislike her?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
No one should dislike her in the long term, but she's a bit of a one truck pony in the first few episodes.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I liked her in the episode where Souta told off her dad. She's not bad. Just not as interesting as the rest of the cast.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The manager was scary when they discussed drinking. :stare:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Takanashi's three older sisters...hachi machi

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
It seems everything I love about the show is back and in good form.
One of these days Sanji will learn how to talk to women.
I'm surprised how much Souma cares about their relationship, what's in it for him? I forgot. Or is he actually not doing something devious for once?
The original title continues to be unGoogleable. Fortunately the English title exists. I wish I could stream on Crunchyroll here in Germany. :/

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shadow0 posted:

It seems everything I love about the show is back and in good form.
One of these days Sanji will learn how to talk to women.
I'm surprised how much Souma cares about their relationship, what's in it for him? I forgot. Or is he actually not doing something devious for once?
The original title continues to be unGoogleable. Fortunately the English title exists. I wish I could stream on Crunchyroll here in Germany. :/

I don't remember where (think it was the anime chat thread) but someone brought up ProxMate as a way to get past region locks for Crunchyroll. It works at my work desktop, and I can access stuff from Korea without needing to use a VPN program.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Beggars can't be choosers, Yamada.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I like that the tiny Yamadas are taking over the OP.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Episode 3 made me post in this thread :3:
Where would this be in the manga, or is it its own arc?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yamada comforting Souma. :3:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i can't believe they went there so early in the season, they had maya talk already!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Here lies Satou
??? - July 18, 2015
:rip:

• Locked thread