Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
I will go ahead and disagree with everyone else and say that I would not put in my notice until after the background check has cleared.

Given that there's no law forcing them to disclose the results of the background check to you, they could simply change their minds and use that as an excuse to rescind their offer. And given the behavior of employers in the U.S., that sort of thing wouldn't even surprise me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Vomik posted:

Actually, they do have to disclose that they didn't hire you due to the background check and give you a copy of the report
From what I understand, that only applies to a credit report. Do you have a citation?

• Locked thread