Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The branding of that has changed since I first saw it, I thought they were pitching it as a virtual WRX championship with the grand prize being driving a WRX car at Silverstone. Now the WRX branding seems to have gone and I saw the prize is now a RX2 car drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
I'm not sure how many people drive rallycross within the game, so I guess it could look bad on WRX if a bunch of clowns drove the finals. Considering how the "E-prix" formula-e and the f1 game finals looked, I wouldn't blame them for pulling out.

I looked up the prizes. Second place apperantly gets two different chairs :confused:

Humbug fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 20, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The F1 Esports final was actually super fun, and enough of a success that I believe they're doing a full season this year. The Formula E races though are usually just random people grabbed from the crowd so those are always a shitshow.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

No in game footage so I guess if you're only curious about what marketing departments are doing here you go

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

njsykora posted:

The F1 Esports final was actually super fun, and enough of a success that I believe they're doing a full season this year. The Formula E races though are usually just random people grabbed from the crowd so those are always a shitshow.

Huh, really going for realism in Formula E are they?

• Locked thread