Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

Great Joe posted:

I had a crash on this run so I bet I could shave at least 5 seconds off this time. How come are you guys getting such bad times on this stage? :smug:

I just suck, is all. No excuses here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

Oh man, Finland is amazing. It's tempting to just floor it all the time, but then you're basically skipping around from crest to crest, not even touching the ground. Then you get a tight corner and retire due to trees. So fun.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

Skwee posted:

Just one paddle for shifting both up and down? That's interesting. Also i wish I had an e-brake that wasn't a button on my steering wheel that I can lose track of. I was thinking maybe there is a way to turn the h-shifter into an e-brake using a rubber band strapped around the stick and the console portion of the h-shifter (talking about a g27) to pull it out of 4th gear and then having 4th gear bound to e-brake somehow. I should and see if that is possible

One thing I love about the G25 is I can set it up to paddle shift, and then set the shifter to sequential and bind the pulling the stick to the e-brake. I wonder how much a G25 shift unit would run you.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

Oh dammit. I was on the last stage of the Finland event and was feeling good about everything until I hit a tree. Not hard enough to end the event, but I got turned around and I didn't know I was backwards and got disqualified. I coulda been a contender!

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

https://youtu.be/fnPVZnR6ZPg

This happened this weekend in real life, good run right up til the flying finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Is that you?! I'd be so pissed lmao what a way to lose your rear end (did rears lock up first under braking there or what?)

:negative: So jealous of the lady co-driver, it's so much easier to hear her voice!!

Not me, but I was on the stage at one of the hairpins. Looks like maybe he wasn't trying to lock up his brakes and didn't slow down enough.

Her notes were great, and her reading is really clear. Such a good run until the end.

• Locked thread