Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

BrainMeats posted:

After a couple days I've put more time into this game than I ever did into Rally. Mostly because I'm a casual who never won a race in that game. At least here I can turn down the AI a bit and feel good about myself, even if I am still afraid of RWD.

Also it turns out you can destroy your car. I finished a pretty clean run by slamming flat out into the finish line marker. Instantly disqualified me from the tournament I was halfway through.

Those markers are the bane of my existence as I drive a perfectly clean rally then smash my front end to bits on one. Especially as the co-driver doesn't call out turns beyond them. Once there was a 2 turn just behind the markers which I went flying into and flipped my car. The marshal clock ran out but it must have taken pity on me for being upside-down and didn't disqualify or penalise me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

gently caress Australia in the rain and a RWD, gently caress it right in the rear end. No Nicky, that wasn't a "perfect stage," I flipped the car twice and punctured a tire even while driving like a nervous learner on his first day out.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Idk what is it about D4 that it just didn’t live up to the pre-release hype? Just seemed to be missing a certain charm

The procedural stage generation failed to live up to the hype by not being varied enough so the expert players quickly learnt all the pieces anyway while the more casual player (like me) misses the charm of a premade stage that can have all the extra touches a stage made of cookie cutter bits can't have. I can't speak for the handling debate as I'm not good enough at the game for it to matter to me.

• Locked thread