Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Pretty much that, they're fun as hell though to really wreck stages with because the amount of grip they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
I really hope they get around to cross-car courses with this update, being able to (try) to take the kit cars up Pikes Peak, take that beastly audi out on Germany, and then these Rallycross cars out on Wales.. Or even better, Group B rallycross.

Edit: Also a reverse Pikes Peak would be loving amazing, imagine trying to control some of the cars going downhill on that track.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Tried the best i could to represent controller and the mini, the thing seems like it has no power atall :( was this a stock car event or something? Seemed way more powerful when i took it out after..

Also broom broom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR9XhQow1Qc

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Managed to get some pretty good times over the last week, 63rd for this daily
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykIJJkPTKdQ

Then about 16th with this one, but i did it quite in the day, still say i finished about top 100 or so (I really wish they gave you your final standing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcBm5cDOAUM

Now i just need a wheel, and to learn this new clutch system.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

njsykora posted:

auto shift

Controller deadzone settings and stuff help a ton too, but i'd advice using manual and even possibly manual with clutch, made me feel like i have a ton more control over the car, and being able to not have the auto gearbox shift halfway through a corner and bog down is nice.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Its less deadzones and more, uhg i forget what they call it, the smoothness of the steering? I found it can make quite a difference.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
I would like to stay please.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

quaunaut posted:

One thing that the survey mentioned were unique, randomly generated courses.

That with realistic physics would be amazing as DLC for DiRT Rally, or a sequel. I love learning new stuff, but I don't want it to be with an arcadey game.

Dirt: Dakar, come ooonnnnn

Also they mentioned other vehicles and bikes, yes, loving, please.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Black Griffon posted:

Honestly, Greece is fine enough. It's Monte Carlo that needs to burn and explode.

loving idiots parking their cars in the middle of the loving road during a god drat rally.

100% agree, gently caress Monte Carlo forever, I don't get the hate for Wales though, its my favorite before Germany and Greece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcBm5cDOAUM

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
My boss got into the closed beta thing. Apparently there's car markets and stuff ala the auction house in the GT games.

I didn't ask him but I assume there might be some kind of car upgrading/modding.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
I found out there is towns you can rally through too, so hyped for this game.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Looooving the kit cars atm, the Peugeot is fun as hell to tear around Greece.

Also for the little details, I actually had my coms system with my co-driver start playing up, having interference and cutting out once or twice. And on another stage my brakes started acting weird and grinding, god drat I love this game.

Though, i will ask wtf I'm doing/how do i tune 4wd cars so that they dont have a poo poo-ton of lift-off oversteer.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Still pissed about the lack of race rewind button :(

Me too a little bit, mainly as a way to quickly go back and watch something rather than waiting for the full replay at the end.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
I feel like other than Spain and its awesome little town, the rest of the stages are kinda missing their 'wow' sections. Wales had that ending section where you come down into the quarry-ish bit and Monte Carlo had those awesome tunnels. Hopefully they can just patch in new sections of track and stuff as they develop.

What I'd now kill for is the ability to walk/preview a stage a bit more and work out or own pacenotes. Then if they want to be super awesome, let us record our own audio for the calls. I want a Mister T co-driver.

It'd also help with their translations if the community could make their own co-driver audio packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
They need to let you make your own voice packs.

And possibly walk the track to place your own notes.

• Locked thread