Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
"Jump maybe" is not a warning. It's a challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
My initial reaction was disappointment. Even with the difficulty cranked way high I placed first and second in my two first stages. The car felt super safe and way too easy to drive. I also miss the pacenotes from Dirt Rally.

The disappointment left me however, as soon as I bought a rear wheel drive car with a more powerful engine. Turns out I'm not that awesome at rally driving after all. In Wales, with the shadows from the trees obscuring the track... Yeah, I've got some learning to do. Can't wait to try that sucker on tarmac.

I haven't figured out if I'm able to compete with the older cars yet, or if I have to get a special license for that. The 70's Opel was my favorite in Rally. But that's a minor gripe.

I agree with the majority of this thread. This is a good game!

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Dirt megathread: Be brave!

I didn't think to check the freeplay mode. Will muck about with it when I get back home.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Todays daily translate to "Garbage Lake" in Norwegian. A fitting name, judging from my shakedown times.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
The random tracks and poor pace notes killed this game for me. There's a lot to like, but hitting the same corners again and again got boring fast. In Rally I could shave seconds off my time when a part of the track "clicked". In 4 it's just twitch reactions through vaguely familiar puzzle pieces without being able to trust my copilot.

I'm still hoping for a Rally 2. But if 4 failed as hard as it seems I'm guessing that won't happen.

• Locked thread