Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Would this game be fun if I just want to drive around on dirt roads without messing with tuning or car damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Cool, I'll probably buy this soon then, thanks.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

I got this game recently and it's becoming one of my favorite racing games :D

Any tips for sharp turns with the mini cooper?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

It's a 2010 car so it's probably not a surprise, but the hyundai rally is awesome. I love the engine sounds :hellyeah:

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

njsykora posted:

New patch is up, mostly bug fixes including the FFB issues in rallycross thankfully. The big thing for the patch is updated visuals and handling on Pikes Peak and the hillclimb cars since the real Pikes Peak hillclimb is coming up soon.

Cool, I'm glad they fixed the rain bug.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

WirelessPillow posted:

How do you guys not get distracted with all those HuD elements on screen D=?

I can't have those colourful directions up top, distracts me from seeing the road.

You can turn all those off in the menu somewhere.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Uncle Jam posted:

Hey guyz, if I get a I5 6600 in a H170 socket and a gtx1060 this game will be good? I have a fx8120 and it stutters like a mofo now.

I have a five year old i7-950 and a r9 280x. The game runs perfectly at max settings for me, so you should be more than fine.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Humbug posted:

Todays daily is hilarious. Lancia 037 on a long Monaco stage at night in heavy snow. At least its uphill. I spun and crashed and generally drove like poo poo, but it was still good enough for 32 out of about 1200 when I finished. A whole load of DNFs and Porkhammer showing everyone hes the boss going almost 10 secs faster than anyone else.

That was definitely a crazy ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

cowboy elvis posted:

Sorry I pretty much exclusively play with all the Imprezas. I am a simple man.

Yeah the Impreza is awesome. I mainly switch between it and the Quattro. Both have wonderful sounds

• Locked thread