Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I've requested to join the goon league. I'm bad at this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

edit: Fixed it.

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 13, 2016

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Qmass posted:

Rally video

Holy balls the game looks amazing on your machine

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Isn't that jalopy?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Landrush/ trophy trucks never got enough love. Do they have the rally raid stages back? They gave a passing glance to faux-dakar in dirt 2 (think it was 2) and it was great.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Wooper posted:

Having not driven in snow before, I can only assume this simulation is accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3NZje2aMHo

I don't get it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jehde posted:

It's kinda weird because my impression is that the Dirt series has been a fairly steady and reliable success through 1 to 3. Then Dirt Rally came around and it was a huge hit for both Dirt fans and rally sim spergs. Then they tried to go back to the old formula with what they learned and it ends up that Dirt fans don't care and rally sim spergs don't like it for x, y, and z. Curious what it means for the future of the Dirt series. I'd love for them to keep with designated sim sperg series (ala Dirt Rally) and a normie series (ala mainstream Dirt), similar to how Forza does things, but I can see that the market doens't really need 2 different rally games. And since Dirt Rally did better than Dirt 4, is the sim side the way of the future?

Add trophy trucks and rally raids into dirt rally. Drop some of the monster energy attitude and off you go.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Dirt has never had enough tracks, it's always been a problem.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Norns posted:

That 4 was supposed to fix with the random generation. But it felt like it had even less variety than rally once I knew all that track elements.

It's not just the rally, I love the trophy truck/rally raid stuff as well and there were never enough tracks.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jehde posted:

The real problem is the lack of Dakar trucks. :colbert:

There was a dakar rally game on pc years ago that let you do the bikes/cars/quads/trucks. it was pretty fun.

Also, big run 13e rallye on the SNES was a great game as well. you had to hire a navigator and mechanic, purchase parts to take with you on stages as replacements and could end up waiting for a recovery truck if you broke something with no parts. never managed to beat it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Do you do paris-dakar or Dakar south America?
They should bring back the parts system from big run 13e rallye

• Locked thread